Does TSR3 Have Nazi Connections?

Evidence has been compiled by an anonymous website which suggests that TSR3's Star Frontiers: New Genesis (Star Frontiers being one of the trademarks under legal 'dispute' with WotC right now) is written by an author with extreme Nazi sympathies. https://www.enworld.org/threads/the-full-glorious-history-of-nutsr.684697/ I'm not going to directly post the hateful images and tweets here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence has been compiled by an anonymous website which suggests that TSR3's Star Frontiers: New Genesis (Star Frontiers being one of the trademarks under legal 'dispute' with WotC right now) is written by an author with extreme Nazi sympathies.

I'm not going to directly post the hateful images and tweets here because the content is extreme. It's one of the most focused outpourings of hate that I've personally seen.

But there is a website [CONTENT WARNING -- I need to post the link as evidence but I honestly do not recommend that you click on it] where somebody has anonymously and comprehensively compiled screenshots which indicate that a Twitter feed called 'DaveFilmsUS' (that they allege belongs to New Genesis author Dave Johnson) is filled with hate speech and Nazi imagery. These tweets include racist, homophobic, and transphobic content, along with Nazi and white supremacy memes. There are images of swastikas, and messages about the 'replacement' of white people. The tweets cover a long period of time, going back to at least 2017. They are extreme.

Star Frontiers: New Genesis is a book whose existence many doubt. It shows up as 'sold out' on TSR3's webstore on Dungeon Hobby Shop. Earlier this year, TSR3 posted manipulated images of piles of books (below) made to look like they were Star Frontiers stock. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has seen this book. The game was announced in June 2021.

Meanwhile, Star Frontiers owner Wizards of the Coast continues to sell the game on DriveThruRPG. TSR3 attempted legal action against WotC last year with the goal of claiming ownership of some of WotC's IP; WotC responded with a countersuit which is still ongoing.

Johnson, who runs Dave Johnson Games, also publishes an ezine called Alarms & Journeys, a name presumably 'inspired' by the the well-known zine Alarums and Excursions by the award-winning game designer Lee Gold. Alarums and Excursions has been running since 1975, and is still published to this day.

TSR3 is run by Justin LaNasa (a tattooist, weapon designer, and briefly a politician who refers to himself as Sir Justin LaNasa), who sent (real) TSR alumnus Tim Kask profane messages in January of this year. TSR3 is the third company to bear the name, and is in no way connected to the TSR which published Dungeons & Dragons from the 1970s to the 1990s.

WotC's countersuit against TSR3, which names the company and Justin LaNasa personally, currently remains ongoing.

sfng_stock_manipulated.jpg

Lets not forget this gem that NuTSR posted on Facebook (and Discord IIRC) on Feb 13, stating that interstellar government in SF:NG officially supports slavery:

#starfrontiers #scifiart #scifi
UCPS Star Law:

Order 1 According to the UCPS on the Law of Space: “No space may validly purport to subject any part of space to its sovereignty.” ... Rather than belonging to nowhere, international space kind of belong to everywhere under the principles of freedom of space.

Order 2 “Universal Jurisdiction” refers to the idea that a Planets court may prosecute individuals for serious crimes against international Star law — such as crimes against humanity, war crimes, genocide, and torture — based on the principle that such crimes harm the international Star community or international Star order itself, which individual planets may act to protect. Generally, universal jurisdiction is invoked when other, traditional bases of criminal jurisdiction are not available; for example, the defendant is not a national of the planet, the defendant did not commit a crime in that planets territory or against its nationals, or the Planets own national interests are not adversely affected.
Planets courts can exercise universal jurisdiction when other planets have adopted legislation recognizing the relevant crimes and authorizing their prosecution. Sometimes this Planets legislation is mandated by international agreements

Order 3 “Mutiny Shall Be No More”, any overt act of defiance or attack upon military (including space naval) authority by two or more persons subject to such authority. The term is occasionally used to describe nonmilitary instances of defiance or attack—such as mutiny on board a merchant ship or a rising of slaves on a planet in which slavery is recognized by law or custom. Mutiny should be distinguished from revolt or rebellion, which involve a more widespread defiance and which generally have a political objective.Because the safety of the ship is thought to depend upon the submission of all persons on board to the will of the captain, wide disciplinary powers are given to the commanding officer, including the power to inflict the death penalty without a court-martial.

bonchon

Explorer
This kind of person is the reason a significant portion of the population cannot ever be or feel truly safe.

He and other Nazis like him want us dead. That's their politics that's their goal.

Self Defense is the only defense we can have, these days.

Anywho, yeah. If I wasn't going to buy anything from TSR and their attendants, before... now I'll be cutting people out of my life who do.

You're right. There are tweets from Dave Johnson praising the alt-right terrorist who rammed their car into the crowd at Charlottesville and killed someone, tweets "jokingly" showing a mother drowning her child for being transgender, talking about killing "homosexuals," even saying dialysis should be denied to anyone who can't work.

He's got a lot of "replacement theory" stuff, too - the same ideology that drove the mass shooter in Buffalo.

This is beyond disgusting. It's evil.

bonchon

Explorer
My first question is, for those of interest, how reliable has that Twitter account been linked t the SFNG author Dave Johnson? Strong enough to hold up in court? Almost certainly? Probably? Likely? Possible? or less?

And then the regardless of that; who's surprised? I mean come on, we already knew these people are hateful and ugly and <add your own word>. Is it it really going to change how anyone interacts with these folks? Not me.

The site has evidence showing it is him. It uses the same name he uses for all his social media (@DaveFilmsUS) and he posted both photos of himself and videos of himself which aren't posted anywhere else.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 5.37.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 5.37.57 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 381

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
For anyone who doesn't want to actually go to the site--and I don't blame you, it definitely calls for some brain bleach afterwards--in addition to the nazi imagery and the racist, homophobic, and transphobic imagery, there's insults for basically everyone: there's Islamophobia, misogyny, ableism, fat shaming, and more.
Of course.

All I can say, here, is that tolerance doesn't extend to nazis or nazi sympathizers, because they want to burn the rest of us down and build their "pure" future on our ashes.

jgsugden

Legend
It would be good to never hear anything about these people ever again. I fear they're benefiting from the bad publicity. It is keeping them in the news when they deserve to fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads