D&D General Don't Believe EVERYTHING concerning WOTC and D&D

If you're at this point in the argument ... in order (once again!) to say that lying is justified, maybe it's time to re-evaluate ... um ... who the baddie is?
Not actually what I said, if you can still hear me from up on that lofty soapbox.

Really all I'm saying is that even though Nero probably didn't actually fiddle while Rome burned, I neither feel sorry for him nor lament the regime change.

And that's it, I'm very done with this. If eight more people need to preach platitudes about lying to me (someone who is really not a liar) knock yourselves out. I've unfollowed the thread.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
As for your truism, you said it is, I said it is not. If you want a citation for my view on it, then you need to provide a citation of your own saying it is true. It's a statement of opinion, what use is there in citing individual views on an opinion?
Well, I mean, you said that it's hurting my cause, factually.

That's a bit stronger than simply stating your view on the matter. So, I'm waiting for objective factual validation of your position that it's hurting the cause.

I get that you don't like it, but if you're saying that it can't be effective with a definite statement like that, you should probably back that up.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, I mean, you said that it's hurting my cause, factually.
Well, it is a fact though. If one side starts spreading misinformation and falsehoods, it will lose support from people who otherwise might have been supportive and/or sympathetic. That's always been true.

So even though Hasbro has done a whole lot to earn ire and distrust, if people against Hasbro start lying about them, people in the middle or who aren't vested will step away. You're seeing an example of it here. They are literally telling you that's what is happening to them. A person who would otherwise support me as a 3PP stepping back because others are willing to make up falsehoods just to "get back at them".

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I would counter with, "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

You'd think that no one had ever heard of Rawls' Veil of Ignorance.

Also? I am sadly unsurprised that there are people that think that it's some big deal (a "lofty soapbox,") to be ... against lying.

Seriously? I didn't realize that, "I think lying for clicks is bad and we shouldn't approve it," was some kind of crazy position to take.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Seriously? I didn't realize that, "I think lying for clicks is bad and we shouldn't approve it," was some kind of crazy position to take.
See, I think this is where some of us, I think, are talking past each other. Nobody in this thread is "approving" of it or endorsing it. Commenting on the possible efficacy of something already happening as it relates to shareholder behavior is not endorsing or approval.

Mentioning that you also don't feel particular empathy towards a bad actor either is also unrelated commentary.

It has no effect on what's happening that I don't personally feel sorry for Hasbro.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
See, I think this is where some of us, I think, are talking past each other. Nobody in this thread is "approving" of it or endorsing it. Commenting on the possible efficacy of something already happening as it relates to shareholder behavior is not endorsing or approval.

Mentioning that you also don't feel particular empathy towards a bad actor either is also unrelated commentary.

It has no effect on what's happening that I don't personally feel sorry for Hasbro.

See, I don't approve of murdering children. I just wanted to make sure we all know that all those children that get killed? Well, if you kill enough of them, it's going to pressure Hasbro. I mean ... you think the shareholders are going to keep up the support when there is a bunch of child slayin' going on, and it's tied to Hasbro?

Again- not "approving" or endorsing the wanton child homicide. Just commenting on the possible efficacy of all those children gettin' killed as it related to shareholder approval. Seriously- the bad actor is Hasbro, and I don't feel sorry for Hasbro. So if other people are defenstratin' some kids, and Hasbro suffers, who am I to criticize that, amirite?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Yeah. I've been avoiding most of the social media deluge and all the new accusations. I think it distracts from the real issue—that WotC trying to revoke the OGL 1.0a harms 3PP and their livelihoods. We need to stay on target.

Remove ads