• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Nuts... Thought Mhairi as the pig appeared. this is going to get messy.This is going to get messy.

Reacting faster than the boys, she dashed around the edge of the "audience chamber" and did her best to grab a pig by the ears. Just hold it long enough for someone else to pick the ugly thing up she thought.

OOC: apologies for lateness, brevity and formatting. Have been on the road all week and can only really access by phone... Intent is to grab the nearest p

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi moves down to the pig pen and grabs the creature by the ears. It lets out a shrill squeal, much to the delight of the audience, and begins to wriggle in her grasp.

[sblock=OOC]
In case it wasn't obvious, the pink "P" is the pig, the green one is Pilts.

Mhairi makes a touch attack vs AC 15, succeeds. She has hold of the pig and can carry it if she wishes (although you state that she's merely holding on to it at the moment).

Pig's action this round - squeal.

Things you can do if you are carrying the pig (which weighs 20 lb):
  • Pass to an adjacent ally as a standard action.
  • Throw it as an improvised throwing weapon, 10 ft. increment.

The pig will act randomly each round that you carry/hold it.

Next up,
Manachan
Edmond
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Seeing Mhairi with the pig firmly in hand, Manachan moves to clear a path for her. "I'll run interference, Mhairi . . . let's move!" The golden skinned Aasimar takes a circuitous route to the left, ending up squared off against one of the opposing group, and lashes out with left hook at the man's jaw that whiffs the air in front of him.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Move to B9 (swinging wide left to avoid AoO), and Unarmed Attack (1d20+7=9) at #1.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond rolls down toward first two thugs. His legs shoot out toward their kneecaps. Using the momentum of the roll, he gets up and stomps down on exposed limbs. Cruel, but effective.
First one to go down went especially bad, pitching forward and thumping his head next to Edmond. Who proceeded to stomp his head into the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: C10
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], I'll need confirmation of their CMDs being hit (particularly #2)
Also, can I move after the attack? Even if I moved already? I'd like to stand over #1 and be adjacent to #5 for next round of attacks :)

First and Second Attack Tripping #1 and #2:Trip vs #1; Trip vs #2 (1d20+15=33, 1d20+10=19)
OAs: OA vs #1; unarmed damage; OA vs #2 (if tripped); unarmed damage (1d20+11+4=35, 1d4+4=7, 1d20+6+4=20, 1d4+4=5)
Crit confirm vs #1 (1d20+11+4=33) - #1 CRITTED for double damage

[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], if you're adjacent to any of them (#1), they provoke while falling and again while getting up (different turn) if I understand Greater Trip correctly :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond knocks the two foremost Shinglesnipes to the ground in a brutal tackle, and Manachan is able to capitalise on his team-mates success with a snap-kick to the head of the one nearest to him. The man slumps unconscious to the deck. Two of the Shinglesnipes near the back of their pack break wide and set up defensive positions on the wings.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 3.jpg
Sorry! More delays!

Edmond knocks #1 and #2 to the ground (CMD is 15 to beat). You can't move, attack, move unless you have the Spring Attack feat, although I think PF does the free 5ft step like 4e (I'm confused with so many systems - still, Edmond moved more than 5ft. before attacking this round.

Manachan, AoO on #1 for Edmond's Greater Trip, hits for 7 damage. #1 is out of the match.

#5 and #8 move (other Shinglesnipes come up later in initiative)

Next up [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION], Ignatius
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius assesses the situation and even though he is not the wisest of chaps he knows a thing or two about such sports from when he was a boy. There is a huge opening on the right that Devargo is unlikely to be able to plug himself so the ifrit heads in that direction, coming up on the other side of two of the goons. Unfortunately actual hand to hand combat is not his forte though he takes left handed swing at the first goon as he comes around.

OOC: Move to right of #4 and Attack: 1d20+6=11, 1d3+1=4.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ignatius assesses the situation and even though he is not the wisest of chaps he knows a thing or two about such sports from when he was a boy. There is a huge opening on the right that Devargo is unlikely to be able to plug himself so the ifrit heads in that direction, coming up on the other side of two of the goons. Unfortunately actual hand to hand combat is not his forte though he takes left handed swing at the first goon as he comes around.

*poke* didn't you say that you'll "take care of the animals" ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The front row of the Shinglesnipes moves forwards, three of them mixing in with Edmond, Manachan and Ignatius in a rowdy free for all, elbows and fists flying from all directions. Edmond and Ignatius are battered from one side and then the other.

Meanwhile three of the back row of the Shinglesnipes move back, two getting closer to their "goal" whilst the seventh moves wide around Manachan, skirting beneath the "royal box" as he heads for Mhairi.

Devargo steps up and joins the melee, helping block the front row. Ignatius catches a glimpse of steel on the Spider King's leather gloves - hidden blades.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 4.jpg

#2 - 5 ft. step and attacks Edmond, hits for 3 damage
#3 - 5 ft. step and attack Edmond, hits for 7 damage
#4 - 5 ft. step, attack Ignatius, hits for 5 damage
#5 - moves out and round
#6 - stays put
#7 - moves back towards goal ('b')
(I moved #8 by mistake, he should still be at square G6)
Devargo - attacks #4, miss.

Note that these guys all have Improved Unarmed Strike and are doing sneak attack damage, so all damage is lethal, not nonlethal.

Next up:
Mhairi
Manachan
Edmond
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, I don't see why not. A pig weighs 20lbs, so encumbrance may be a factor (but I don't recall that it has any effect on Acrobatics anyway).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads