• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius, perhaps, isn't quite comfortable with fighting dirty, as his kick lacks conviction and the Shinglesnipe on the ground rolls out of the way and counterattacks with a kick to Ignatius' knee.

Meanwhile the one opposing Devargo slams a vicious punch into the Spider King who, winded, is unable to effectively return the attack. The remaining defender moves to block Edmond with a tackle, but the stoic warrior is unmoving.

Finally, at the back of the field, the defender tries to take the pig from Mhairi and almost succeeds in wrenching the wriggling creature from her grasp, but she is just too slippery for him.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 6.jpg

Ignatius - miss
#3 - attack Ignatius from prone, hits for 4 damage (nonlethal)
#4 - attacks Devargo, critical hit for 10 damage (nonlethal)
#6 - moves in front of Edmond and attacks, miss.
#7 - attempts to take pig from Mhairi, fails.
Devargo - attack #4 , miss.

To steal a pig from an adjacent opponent is a disarm check.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Mhairi, hold on, I'm coming!"

OOC: if [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] is willing to wait for Edmond, Edmond can maybe move/drop #7 for easier bypassing...and then hold the line :)

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]: is it possible to use Combat Expertise in unarmed combat?
This is from pathfinder feat text:
You can only choose to use this feat when you declare that you are making an attack or a full-attack action with a melee weapon. The effects of this feat last until your next turn.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'd say an unarmed strike counts as a melee weapon. I think the emphasis is on melee (as opposed to ranged) rather than weapon (as in manufactured vs. natural).

Axel

First Post
ooc: No need for protection. If their cmd is 15, Mhairi needs a 1 to fail Acrobatics. Will post a fluffy bit later today or tomorrow morning.

Does Mhairi need an action or similar to "score"? What does the "goal" look like?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: The "goal" is a hole in the floor, Mhairi can automatically drop the pig into it as a free action if she's adjacent, or she can throw it in - the goal is an AC 6 and a pig is an improvised thrown weapon, range increment 10 ft.

Axel

First Post
As the man grabbed at Mhairi's pig, she pushed it back into his ribcage. The action clearly surprised the man - he nearly fell backwards. "I'm fine Ed. Just don't get your face punched in," she called back. Her opponent's balance ruined, Mhairi gripped the pig firmly and spun away from the man and further down the wall.

Closer to the corner it was obvious that she didn't need to get into the corner - there was a gaping hole in the floor! Calmly dropping the pig into the hole, Mhairi kept moving until the hole in the floor was between her and her last opponent. Only then did she raise her arms in triumph and shout "Is that the best you've got? I've seen Grey Maidens with more moves than you lot!"

Edit: Nuts, forgot to link my (genuinely very good) rolls, and moved computers now!!! Acrobatics is +15

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Mhairi drops the pig into the pit she sees that lurking at the bottom, about 10 ft. down, is a large and angry-looking dire wolverine. There is a squeal, cut short, as the wolverine messily and gorily rips the pig to shreds.

This evokes wild cheers from the crowd. There is barely a pause as, with the sound of machinery, another pig rises up from below, this time in the cage at the Shinglesnipe's end.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 7.jpg

1:0 to the challengers

Next up:
Edmond
Manachan
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond continues his aggressive tactics slipping closer to Ignatius. He ducks between two opponents, grabs them by their ankles and lifts quickly in the air. The thugs find themselves suspended for the moment from surprisingly strong arms of lithe warrior before he lowers his arms in a throwing motion, bringing his whole body low again in a half-crouch, slamming both heads down into the floor.

[sblock=Martial arts]I knew my martial arts training is good for something, even if I go little cinematic :) This is a move I successfully did on a poor sod (but of course it was one on one and I ducked his punch first and received an elbow to the back for my trouble - I guess I don't have Greater Trip feat :) ) 10 years ago in a competition. And I lowered him fairly down (on his shoulders rather then his back) - hard move to do, but worth it.

I'd never try it in full contact in real life :-S
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
5' step to F9 (between #4 and #6)
Full attack: Trip vs #4; Trip vs #6 (1d20+13=16, 1d20+8=22) - trip both (with CMD only 15 it's hard to miss on first attack :) )
Devargo and Ignatius get OA vs #4
OA power attack vs #4; damage; OA power attack vs #6; damage (1d20+10+4-2=26, 1d3+4+4=9, 1d20+10+4-2=21, 1d3+4+4=9) - hit both for 9 damage
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan pounds his opponent with a flurry of fast strikes. The Shinglesnipe stands dazed for a moment, but recovers his wits. Rather than front it out, he retreats from Manacahn, back down the field towards the Challenger's goal area.

Meanwhile Edmond slams two of the Shinglesnipes onto their backs with one movement. Devargo aims a kick at the one nearest to him as he goes down but the Shinglesnip rolls with it at the last minute. Both are down, but neither is out.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 8.jpg

Manachan - hits #5 for 9 damage in total, he makes his Fort save.
Edmond - trip on #4 and #6, 9 damage to both. Both are prone. Devargo's AoO misses.

#5 disengage
#8 delay

Next up Ignatius, then the rest of the NPCs
[/sblock]

Remove ads