• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius takes the opportunity proffered by Edmond to pummel the Shinglesnipe. Looking up he sees the next pig come up in the cage and the large number of Shinglesnipes that will have an opportunity to converge on it in the next moment. Instead of continuing in the melee at centre court he decides to makes a nuisance of himself and make it to the cage before they do. The ifrit swiftly disengages, moving behind the opponent Devargo and Edmond are entangled with, around the right side of the field of play and parks himself in front of the cage.

OOC: Invisible Castle appears to be down, so Ignatius OA is +6 attack (or +10 if there is a prone bonus) and 1d3+1 damage. His action for the round is a double move to E2.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius kicks over the man on the floor before him and races towards the Shinglesnipes pig dispensing cage. He dodges past two defenders, getting a kidney punch from the second, but gets to the cage, blocking the way to the pig.

The Shinglesnipes rally. The one facing Devargo tries a leg sweep against the Spider King, who dodges and counterattacks, both men moving in an indecisive melee. The Shinglesnipe on the floor crawls away from Manachan and then rolls to his feet in a fluid movement, and is quickly balancing on the balls of his feet, ready for action. The one facing Edmond in the centre of the court grabs the duskblade and swings him out and ways from the centre. Finally one of the defenders moves back towards the cage, right up into Ignatius' face. He doesn't make an attack on the ifrit, but watches him (and Mhairi) carefully, alert to any opportunity.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 9.jpg

Apologies for the delay, I got busy. So on with the fast-moving game of Blood Pig (ahem).

Ignatius AoO on #3, hits for 4 damage. If he moves up in a straight line he provokes movement-based AoOs from #4 and #6, #6 hits for 5 damage)

Shinglesnipes have fun with Pathfinder combat maneuvres:
#3 crawl 5 ft., fast stand up, ready action
#4 trip attempt on Devargo, fails, Devargo's AoO misses
#6 Reposition attempt on Edmond, succeeds and moves Edmond 5 ft. away. He does, however, provoke an AoO from Edmond [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] if you'd care to roll.
#7 move towards back of court, ready action.

Next up:
Mhairi
Edmond
Manachan
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Manachan pursues his foe relentlessy, and continues to pound him with fist and foot.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]I'm assuming #3 has the Fast Crawl feat, allowing him to take a 5' Step while crawling. Just in case he doesn't, though :), I'll roll an AoO so we don't have to slow down for it later: AoO vs. Crawling Foe (1d20+7=26) for Damage (1d6+2=8)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond reacts to being grabbed and pulled with his elbow. While the thug manages to move him, he gets extra powerful head butt for his trouble with the inertia of both combatants behind it.
"I don't just swing my fists around, I use my head in combat!"

OA with power attack; damage (1d20+11-2=22, 1d3+4+4=10)

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], this is the last OA for Edmond for this round (3 total) > not really important since his turn is coming again :)

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Ignatius movement speed is 40' and he was doing a double movie so it was easy for him to go G9, H8, H7, then skirt around the field before ending up where he did.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi states in horror as the tiny pig gets torn to shreds. that thing'd make sausages out of me, she thinks, even as she claims victory. Her sense of triumph is short lived as another tiny animal comes up.

With half a groan and half a sigh escaping her lips, Mhairi moves quickly along the wall and over to the cage, doing her best to catch hold of it without even so much as a glance at Ignatius. "The quicker this is down the hatch the quicker it's all over," she thinks with a glance to the sprawling melee in the middle if the arena

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond nods to the guy who pushed him away.
"You helped. Thank you."

He then rushes behind the thug watching over Mhairi and Ignatius, kicking his legs from under him.

"Mhairi grab the poor thing and let's go. Manachan, Ignatius, rush over and prevent them from killing our pig when this one is safe."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: E4
Standard: Trip vs #7; OA with power attack; damage (1d20+13=18, 1d20+11-2+4=30, 1d3+4+4=9)
#7 prone [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]/Ignatius gets OA...Edmond will target #7 again if/when he gets up
OA with power attack; damage (1d20+11-2+4=30, 1d3+4+4=9) - WTF!? same rolls :)
[/sblock]

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], not sure from the image, there is a hole on our side of the play field? Or we need to transfer this pig just over 5 squares of fairly safe area?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi darts across and grabs the pig. It squirms in her arms and she drops it. One of the midfield Shinglesnipes runs back and grabs it from under her nose. The pig squeals, much to the amusement of the Emperor's court. Edmond's head butt puts his opponent on the deck, freeing him to move across to the goal area. As he approaches the Shinglesnipe he gets a glancing blow from his fist, but puts his opponent on the floor. Meanwhile Manachan pursues his opponent with punishing strikes but the Shinglesnipe refuses to go down.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 10.jpg

Mhairi - move and pick up pig, pig squirms, Mhairi needs Strength DC 12 - rolled 2 and drops pig.
#7 - spends readied attack on Edmond, hits for 4 damage.
Edmond - OA vs #6 puts him down. Trip on #7 succeeds, #7 is prone, OA hits for 9 damage.
Manachan - OA hits #3 for 8 damage, then stunning fist for 6 damage, makes Fort save.
#5 wait
#8 - move and pick up pig (Attack vs AC 15).

So #7 is prone, #8 has the pig. A Disarm attempt can wrench it out of his grasp.

Next up:
Ignatius

To answer Neurotic's question, there is a goal at the opposite end of the field, but that's the one the Shinglesnipes need to score in so yes, you are right next to your scoring goal. It doesn't make much sense but it is a game thought up by a madman.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius looks across the battlefield and is a little nonplussed at the thought of having come up to this end just to have to go all the way down to the other but he takes Edmond's instruction and weaves his way across to end up near the other end.

OOC: Double move. Avoiding any AoO, 80' gets Ignatius to D15 I believe.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius weaves his way across the Blood Pig court to the challenger's defending end. He passes Devargo and the Shinglesnipe midfielder dancing around one another trading punches. He passes Manachan and his midfield opponent, who manages to land a kick on his opponent.

At the top end of the field, the Shinglensipe lying in front of Edmond rols back and kicks upwards, a low blow that catches Edmond right between the legs.

"Substitution!" cries the Emperor and, as nervous courtiers drag away the unconscious players, another hops down from the grandstand, fresh for battle.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 11.jpg

Ignatius - double move to D15
#3 - attacks Manachan, hits for 5 damage
#4 - attack Devargo, miss
#7 (prone) - dirty trick vs. Edmond (kick in the family jewels). If Edmond's CMD is less than 25, Edmond is sickened for 1 round. (Improved DT feat so no AoO).
#9 - moves onto pitch. Yeah, the Emperor is very probably making up the rules as he goes.
Devargo - attack #4, miss. 5 ft. step.

Next up:

Mhairi
Edmond
Manachan
[/sblock]

Remove ads