• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
If I had to guess, I'd say this pig has got to get into the corner they're blocking. With a despairing glance at the brawling melee that was starting on her right, Mhairi took a strong neckhold on the pig and spun away from the man in front of her, heading for the wall and the corner.

Once against the wall she put everything she had to getting into the corner. The next man, trying to anticipate where she was going looked flat footed and confused...

[sblock=ooc]
Small pigs! Must be like a teacup pig :)

Additional 20lbs not an issue.

Acrobatics move to B10, A9 at 10' each. Then straight move to A5 (further 20' movement). Then Acrobatics move to A3 (further 20' movement). Fast Acrobatics to A2 (plus 5'), normal movement to A1 (5') puts total movement at 70' (OK for a double move) unless I've read it wrong. Rolls coming up.

Acrobatics DC = Men's CMD. Fast Acrobatics is +10

In order, rolls are 22,18, 23,19, 34 (phew!)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356829/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Manachan, go help her, I'll clear the way for you!" commands Edmond

Edmond spreads his arms wide and quickly pivots on one foot, grabbing both thugs as he goes and pushing the other leg far out giving him some leverage. Surprised, thugs half-fall, half-run around him, switching places in the process before Edmond drops down on the knee, pulling thugs down and over, slamming them down into the hard packed pit floor. He releases his grip and stands up, pulling out from between the thugs he dropped.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Full Attack: Trip vs #2; Trip vs #3 (1d20+13=32, 1d20+8=27)
OAs: OA vs #2; unarmed damage; OA vs #3; unarmed damage (1d20+11+4=29, 1d4+4=7, 1d20+11+4=25, 1d4+4=6)
HIT and HIT, good round ;)

Move: 5' step to E9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
ooc: Did I completely misinterpret which "M" was Mhairi? Also bone headed error...should have moved to B2... Teach me to post without reading the whole DM post. Sorry guys!

Edit: I think I did get it wrong... :x. Damn, thought it was too easy!

Final move should put Mhairi at A5, with one tumble required behind the real Ma.

Last edited:

Neurotic

[sblock=OOC]Manachan will definitely wait. I'll post after Dr. Si adjudicates Edmond's actions.[/sblock]

OOC: You also get OA vs "your" thug. Also, Dr Simon wrote in the last post the their trip CMD is 15, so you can go without waiting on him, they are down. Even if you miss with your OA and they are not disabled, they are not likely to hit with theirs from their backs :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

As the thugs have shown they're playing for blood, Manachan pulls out the stops and begins playing in earnest as well. As soon as Edmond drops his foes to the ground, the Monk goes to work. He kicks the man on the ground in front of him once, then twice, before dropping quickly to slam a knee - his full weight behing it, into the poor sot's chest and then bouncing back to his feet.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Hope I get this right - I'm having a hard time tracking this fight for some reason.

AoO, Flurry (1d20+7=10, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=23) (All against prone opponents, so AC is -4). I'll roll all three damages just in case their AC is 12 or less. If he manages to knock his first target out remaining attacks will go against second prone foe. Damage (1d6+2=8, 1d6+2=7, 1d6+2=8)[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi ducks and weaves past the Shinglesnipe forwards, the pig kicking in her arms. Edmond trips the two in front of him and lays them low, Manachan finishing off one with a brutal series of strikes. The other is groaning on the floor. Meanwhile one of the Shinglesnipes moves to fill in a gap in their rear whilst one of the forwards, frustrated at failing to grab Mhairi, tries a running tackle on Manachan, only to find his target's reflexes are too good, as Manachan steps aside at the last minute.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 5.jpg
Yeah, M is Mhairi, Ma is Manachan, I get them confused myself so if anyone has alternative suggestions? I'm thinking maybe A for Manachan Angeali.

Mhairi -avoids AoO, moves to A5
Edmond - trip on #2 and #3, damage to #2 and #3
Manachan - damage to #2, puts him out of the game.
#5 charge on Manachan, miss
#8 move.
#3 prone

Next up
Ignatius
Rest of the Shinglesnipes
Devargo

Things you can do whilst carrying the pig (more piglet I guess) - pass it as a standard action to an adjacent team-mate, throw it as an improvised weapon with a range increment 10 ft. (to catch is Reflex DC 12), drop it (free action), anything else you could do to a grappled opponent.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"If we keep this up, there won't be any thugs to oppose us in a couple of heartbeats." states Edmond humorlessly. Turning slightly on the right
"Will you be alright for the moment Ignatius? Just to clear the way for Mhairi and I'll be back for you. Mhairi, need a hand?"

OOC: I made a mistake, I rolled d4 for unarmed damage (that's 4e) when I should have rolled d3 :( sorry...half damage less to all on average :) )
I would say enemies have around 20 hp - based on dropping two of them with three average attacks from Edmond and Manachan, shouldn't be too hard as long as they play by the rules :) - no magic rule hurts :(

Neurotic

"Yes," says Ignatius as winds up to kick the prone man besides while he's down (since the rules of the game seem to include 'play dirty'). "Devargo and I can probably hold down this side of the field."

OOC: Attack (does not include bonus/penalty for a prone defender): 1d20+6=9, 1d3+1=3.

OOC: You get OA as you are adjacent to #3, sorry I didn't look at the map that close (if this wasn't it :) )

For attacking prone target I simply include +4 bonus to hit in my roll no need to think on reducing targets AC

Also, [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], Edmond has combat reflexes, but #3 will NOT be attacked with second OA when he gets up since the limit (2) OAs goes for the whole round...and I attacked both 2 and 3 when they fell

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads