Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond finally takes an interest in the conversation, but he hardly bothers to keep it civil.
"And who would step into the power vacuum? It is tough after years of success to have a competition. HIring assassins can easily turn back on you when others start doing the same. Besides, The Emperor will last only as long as the blockage."

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glorio Arkona looks a little crestfallen for a moment.

"Pity," he says. "I would have thought that the man who finally brought Gaedrann Lamm to justice wouldn't have balked at the opportunity to remove a man like Swastel from power - a man, I might point out, that likes to kidnap innocent people and kill and torture them for the entertainment of his pet mob. Still, he is a minor problem in the long run." He swirls his glass and looks over the rim at Mhairi.

"Now, the Grey Maidens that you mention, on the other hand. All they care about at the moment is keeping Old Korvosa bottled up and eating itself from the inside. For now. But who would you rather have looking after the Isle's interests if they should come knocking? A mad sadist, or an ancient noble house?"

Before anyone can answer he holds up his free hand and gives an apologetic smile.

"I hope we are all friends here," he says. "I'm not deliberately being difficult about Orisini, but the situation is a trifle complicated and for me to help you, well, it could cause me a lot of trouble that I don't want. So all I'm asking is for a little demonstration of good faith from you. I'd like to think we can build a good working relationship."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius considers for a moment. "Lord Arkona," he says slowly. "I was not exaggerating when I said we had had this same conversation earlier. While following Orsini's trail we were forced to pay Pilts Swastel a bit of a, well, visit, and defeated his team of scoundrels in a game that ended very badly for a number of pigs. Afterwards we had a chance to kill him but we thought it wiser to investigate the lead that brought us to you rather than engage immediately."

The ifrit pauses for just a moment and his jaw shifts subtly to a harder set. "If we had known that his demise would have made things easier here I assure you we would have happily obliged at that opportunity. Going back to deal with him after our business was done was always on the table for us. But I must admit my conscience balks at killing a man as a service or demonstration in order to receive a 'reward'."

Suddenly Ignatius stands up completely straight, rising to his full and not inconsiderable height. "As such, please let me turn things around: Help us with Orsini, and I swear on my life, and my faith in the goddess Sarenrae, that I will bring justice to Pilts Swastel, even if I have to burn his entire 'palace' and bring it crashing down to bury us both," decrees the ifrit as he raises a clenched fist in front of him.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"And I will help," says Manachan, as Ignatius' impassioned speech comes to an end. "The Rat's proclivities go against any law of civilized behaviors I've even known . . . the man is depraved, evil."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Neurotic

"I will help them too, but not for you, but for them. For the control of Old Korvosa, you will have to compete. I would not want ancient noble family in control anymore then old rats. In my eyes, criminal is a criminal. If you can hold to your empire, superb, but you WILL have us and the guard to stop you just like he does."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glorio's smile broadens and he laughs.

[COLOR="#oo6699"]"I think I can work with that,"[/COLOR] he says. "Pilts Swastel isn't going anywhere for the time being." He looks over to Mhairi. "And what do you think?" he asks.

Axel

First Post
That you're too obvious. And I could eat you alive if I had've been born to a better family... Mhairi smiled at Glorio and purred in reply, "That I'd rather have a handsome rich gentleman on my side than a cretinous and pox ridden excuse for a man."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glorio holds Mhairi's gaze a fraction longer than necessary.

"And I'm glad to have you on my side," he says. Looking back to include the men in the conversation he continues. "As I said, the situation with Vencarlo is ... complicated. Both he and Neolandus are in safe-keeping, you might say. We share a mutual friend in the artist Salvatore Scream - seems that he is quite the social butterfly, our master Scream. Scream brought Neolandus to me in the chaos after the King died - the Seneschal was looking for a place to hide and I was happy to provide. Recently, Vencarlo came looking for the Seneschal as well, and I looked after him.

"This is where it gets a bit difficult. My ancestors had ... interesting tastes, you might say. Underneath us is a labyrinth, used variously over the years by Arkonas long gone as a testing ground for agents, or as a means of torment for prisoners. I don't use it myself, but my sister Melia shares more of the proclivities of our ancestors, and she took it upon herself to house our guests in this labyrinth for her own amusement.

"Now, because of the rather delicate balance of power in our family, I can't be seen to move directly against my sister's actions, but indirectly, even if just through some intermediaries, that would suffice. I can't enter the labyrinth myself, but I can show you how to get in and you can recover your friend."

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit raises an eyebrow, a bit surprised, a bit impressed, and maybe just a little bit worried. "I must admit that of all the difficulties I might have imagined 'stuck in an underground labyrinth' would never have crossed my mind," says Ignatius. "But it is what it is, I suppose. When might we begin?"

Neurotic

"You will have to let us in your house with all our weaponry. There won't be any problems, I trust?"

Remove ads