Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Carnochan appears in the doorway.

"Lord Glorio Arkona," he announces. A man sweeps past him and into the room, Glorio Arkona carries himself with the air of a man used to getting his own way. A handsome face with neat beard and moustache, and thick dark hair flowing down to the nape of his neck, Glorio is dressed in expensive fabrics cut in a simple style.

"Welcome, my honoured guests," he says, moving over to the refreshment table and pouring himself a goblet of wine. "I've heard about your exploits in helping the city - much of it exaggeration and hearsay I'm sure, but some very interesting tidbits. So I'm assuming that this isn't a purely social call and that you wish a favour from me of some kind. So please, how can I help you?"

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius bows graciously. "Thank you, m'Lord," he says. "We find ourselves in search of a friend of ours, one Vencarlo Orsini. A mutual acquaintance has led us to believe you might know something of his whereabouts, and we would consider it a boon if you could enlighten us."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glorio Arkona strokes his beard.

"Vencarlo Orisini, the famous swordsman," he says. "I know the man, he came to see me the other day." Glorio takes a sip of wine. "He thought I might know what happened to Neolandus, the Seneschal. He vanished, the night old King Eodred died, you know. Funny thing about Korvosa - did you know that the Seneschal has to ratify the coronation of a new monarch? Some would say that, with Neolandus technically still in office, that Queen Ileosa's claim to the throne is still not officially sanctioned?" He turns and gives a small smile. "Of course, Marcus Endrin was made acting Seneschal, but if Neolandus lived, would that post be recognised under Korvosan law? And now that the Queen has disbanded the Sable Company, Endrin is without any official capacity anyway. An interesting conundrum, is it not?" He takes another sip of wine. "I speak purely as a theoretical exercise, of course"

"And so to our friend. I can help you find him, of course," He gives a small bow, then turns to contemplate the fireplace, carved with monkeys. "Old Korvosa is in a bit of a mess, wouldn't you say?" he asks as if changing the topic.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius nods, though it is unlikely Arkona can see it, having turned to the fireplace. "Yes, it is as you say, m'Lord," says the ifrit a bit cautiously. "Most distressing. I can only imagine governing what business ventures and holdings you have outside of Old Korvosa has been, ah, challenging."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmonds patience quickly wears thin at what he sees as bandying words around, but for now he holds his peace. But growing emotional load triggers his always suppressed magic and his eyes flash in rainbow colors.

For now, he holds his head low, keeping in the shadow of the diplomats.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi stifled a gasp at the noble's plain speaking. She sucked on her teeth, considering what it was that the Arkona's actually wanted in exchange, keeping track of the conversation subconsciously.

The open ended question and sudden change of subject seemed to be the bait. The least I can do is bite, and bite hard...

"I think you'll find the Old town has always been a bit of a mess. With an easy way out for your family, maybe it wasn't so obvious. To the rest of us, things are only a little, err, messier than they've always been."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Not being in the spotlight has its advantages as Edmond attunes himself to magical emanations in the room and looks around as if curious about the decorations.

OOC: Edmond uses Arcane Attunement to use Detect Magic

Dr Simon

Explorer
"With this embargo in place, our resources are not what they once were, regrettably," says Glorio. "Pilts Swastel may be a lesser man but like all rats he's an opportunist, and where you let rats get a foothold they thrive. It occurs to me that the first step in helping Old Korvosa get back on its feet would be for somebody to put that rat out of its misery. Wouldn't you agree?" He turns and gives a broad smile. "It might even help you find your friend Vencarlo," he adds.

[sblock=Edmond]
Edmond scans the room for magical auras. Glorio Arkona is laden with magical jewelry - the amulet around his neck, a ring on each finger and his boots are magic too. There's something magical about the fireplace too.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
For a barely perceptible moment the corners of Ignatius' mouth turn down, but they recovery instantly and he smiles politely, though not as enthusiastically as before. The ifrit does not like the idea of being denied access to Orsini unless he acts like another man's assassin. "Why, by some happy coincidence," he begins a bit tepidly as he turns to indicate his companions with a nod from his head, "We were having this exact conversation a bit earlier." Ignatius pauses after that to give anyone else an opportunity to jump in.

Axel

First Post
"That we were," Mhairi chimes in, hopefully not cutting Ignatius off. Don't ruin it guys, she thought. He couldn't have been more obvious without outright asking on the street corner for a gang of thugs.

"Rats have their predators to control the population when it gets out of hand. Though I'm not sure that the Maidens will see things any differently the day after tomorrow."

Remove ads