Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
"The Arkonas are most hospitable, my good sir," says Ignatius appreciatively. "Thank you."

Once the gentleman has left he makes himself comfortable and comments, "Moreso than the Royal Palace I think this place must have a feeling like that enjoyed by my ancestors of old in the fabled City of Brass. A truly remarkable aesthetic."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi looks up as Ignatius mentions the City of Brass. "So, have you ever been there Ignatius? The City of Brass I mean. Isn't it on some other world?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You two should talk about Orsini with the noble. I will keep back unless directly addressed. I'm not ready for fine dance of words...yet. Somehow in all this time we didn't catch our collective breath enough to hear your story Ignatius, I know these two from before"... Edmond takes some wine as he talks and gestures toward Manachan and Mhairi "...just as you probably wonder about us. We should remedy that, once we're safe at home."

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit looks from Mhairi to Edmond and back again, "Yes," he agrees, "A story that can wait a little while longer until the business that brings us here has been settled."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi shrugged, not really minding when Ignatius got to tell his story. Good stories were like good wine, best left uncovered for awhile before sharing.

"Do we know what we want, this time? I don't mind winging it, but having a plan is better."

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Mhairi]
As Mhairi cases the place out of habit, she notices that security is quite light, especially for a rich enclave in the midst of chaos. So far only guards that she has seen are the two on the gate, and nothing seems to have been locked on the way in. But then the Arkonas have always traded on their reputation in Old Korvosa. Perhaps fear and respect is enough to keep intruders away. Perhaps.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi winds her tour of the art back to the food and drink, where the others are. She says, quietly, "Does it seem like there should be more men around to you? Frankly, for all the loot around here I would expect an awful lot more swords on watch."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"The guards cost. And you have to be able to trust them. Would you, given who is probable source of hire blades? Maybe worse, what if they are busy with something going on from below? It's not like anything in this city is safe from sewers. We heard about otyughs being restless, we know about were-rats. There are more creatures down there.

What is your feeling about this "unguardedness"? You are more experienced in such matters."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi made a non-committal face. "Could be a few things. Maybe they're short of cash, which means the blockade is hurting. Maybe they're all busy doing something else, which would be sinister. Or maybe they're just cocky and an easy mark for someone who isn't afraid. Any other ideas?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Manachan looks around at the displays of wealth, and thinks of the fear and poverty they traveled through to get here. Fear, poverty and unrest. "I also am not as experienced in these matters as you, Mhairi. It seems like you've covered all the possibilities. But whatever their reasons, the powder keg outside their doors may soon blow a breach in their walls unless there's more here than you've seen."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Remove ads