• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"This is good place to explore. We're closed in and as long as there is nothing moving the labyrinth we could rest some. But I agree, we should finish the mission first. Let's go to the next circle. Unless someone feels lucky enough to try the water? It may simply be one of the oozes, cubes or other slithering horrors."

OOC: I agree we move on. I'm kinda thinking this could be beneficial (on the basis on keeping the entertainment alive) - but we're not so spent to rest here.

Kaodi

Hero
"I am not so sure," replies Ignatius. "Even for someone with my well-deserved reputation for obliviousness, that would seem a little obvious."

The ifrit looks at the pool with some distaste. "For all we know it is some sort of vile water creature just waiting for the perfect moment to ambush us. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Forgot this in my last post:

Further regarding the pool with his magical vision, Ignatius can determine that it radiates faint conjuration magic, but nothing more on what that might be.

Neurotic

OOC: Isn't healing a conjuration? Of course, it could also summon the creatures :)

Let's move on, if we get into trouble we can get back here and test it on someone dying ;)

Axel

First Post
Regarding the pool calmly, Mhairi suppressed a shiver of disgust. "There's not too many places down here we haven't been. What was back the way you came from Vencarlo?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Other rooms," says Vencarlo, vaguely. "That corridor with the moving murals lead to a whole other part of the complex when I came through, have you followed it to the end yet?"

Axel

First Post
"Very helpful," Mhairi replied with a sigh. "I think the way out could be distinct from the way in. Unless there's some secret to the lever room. And there must be a way out, or family could never torment their guests..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
With no-one willing to try the mysterious pool, or explore further down the corridors, the next thing to try is the other lever room, that looks similar to the first one.

Some experimentation shows that it, too, has four positions - one that links it to the current lever room, one that seems to remove the corridor of scary murals to bring the room with the sleep glyph closer, one that simply ends in a dead wall, and one that looks like it may well be the way in/out.

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon Rotations 2.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon Rotations 2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 197

Neurotic

OOC: Is this a hint that there is nothing to explore? Exploring, full expertise bonus to AC.

Edmond starts the exploration of the long corridor, holding Deathwail defensively.

Remove ads