Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
"Maybe," says Ignatius, "Though I somewhat doubt that the lever is trapped. It must be the mechanism for activating the labyrinth, right? What would be the point of killing off people before they even got to the 'fun' part? Even if they were unwelcome guests."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We're talking about Arkonas here. The family with known criminal tendencies."

Edmond prepares the glaive waiting for just a moment to see if anyone else will object. Then pulls the lever from ten feet away.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Arkona Labyrinth 1.jpg

OOC: Okay, no reason for this at all :angel: but I need you to give me your positions on the map. Overall the area is 4x6 squares, assume A-D horzontally and 1-6 vertically, so that A1 is the bottom left statue, A2 and A3 next to the double doors and so on. Edmond will presumably be in C4.

Axel

First Post
ooc: Mhairi would be adjacent to the lever on the left.

"I thought the whole point of these sorts of places was to keep people in, not strangers out? Though there's probably something to stop rescue attempts... Just pull the lever Ed and be done with it."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I do not understand. How can next to the double doors be A2 and A3 and not B1 and C1?

You're right - that's what happens if you post whilst tired! I'm back with PSP again so I'll post a labelled version.

Edit: See below

[sblock=Map]
Arkona Labyrinth 1a.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Manachan holds his position at Edmund reaches out with his weapon haft to trip the lever. "Either way we're going in, right? As this is the only way to move forward - that we can find, at least - it must be done."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Manachan's good in C3, Doc.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond pulls the lever. Somewhere far off a bell rings, then suddenly the whole room lurches. Where the archway through to the tiger-headed statues was becomes a blur of stone, before the room lurches again and a new doorway slides into place. This one leads into a small stone room with a door, and another alcove with another lever.

[sblock=OOC]
Arkona Labyrinth 2.jpg
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi, holding onto the wall for at least the illusion of permanence grins. Despite the weirdness, the feeling of movement is just, well...fun. She giggles after the crazy motions stop. "Now that was some ride! Anyone want to go again? No?"

She makes a face, affecting disappointment, before moving toward the new front of the group. "So, shall we take the door?"

Remove ads