Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Mhairi waits by the lever as the others look around at the new section. "Ed, there's no guarantee we're anywhere in particular. With teleportation magic we might not even be in Korvosa anymore. I don't see how else this little lever can move something as massive as a whole room otherwise."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Just so," says Vencarlo. "So do we risk this corridor, which is almost certainly a trap, or do we wait and pull the lever again to see what the next entertainment Glorio Arknoa has lined up for us?"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi paused long enough for any of the boys to respond. Their silence told her enough. They were in trouble. Deep trouble...

"If this lever triggers some magical teleporter then I don't think it matters how many times we pull it. There's too any variables that we can't know. Which hand to use, being just the first problem. But...there's got to be a shortcut that family members use. They can't just cycle around and around looking for it, so it should be here with the lever. It's the only room you're certain to get..."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry, missed the update :(

Edmond enters newly opened hall just enough to mark it with his chalk and updates his map.

"You can pull again, Mhairri, I don't think there is teleporting involved and even if it is, we should recognize some features eventually. Let's try it couple times more and see if we circle through."

Axel

First Post
With a smile that did little to alleviate the concern on her face, Mhairi yanked the lever again as soon as everyone was back in the little room.

Neurotic

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], how about you show us next two iterations (assuming that Edmond marks each one before "rolling" again. If we don't recognize anything, we'll decide what to do next.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The next pull of the lever reveals a small circular room with a pool in the centre. Edmond labels it, a short wait, pull the lever again. As before, somewhere a bell rings, machinery grinds, the room shakes. This time the pool room is replaced with a room with another lever - it looks like the first one you encountered, with two tiger statues in niches. Just to make sure, Edmond labels it and Mhairi pulls the lever again. Back to the corridor with the disturbing murals.

In all, after some experimentation, it seems that there are four possible configurations that follow sequentially.

[sblock=OOC]
Images will follow shortly, I thought I had them on a flash drive but I don't.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Arkona Dungeon Rotations.jpg

These are the four configurations. The rectangular corridor in 3 and 4 is the same, the one with the tiger heads. The angular corridor in 1 and 2 is the same, the one with the disturbing murals, but it flips ends between the two. In configuration 1 you haven't been past the door beyond the symbol of sleep room; in configuration 2 you haven't been down the mural corridor to see what is at the end in that formation. There is also a pool in configuration 4.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: And we still have to look at what the other lever does :) Yay!? Lets make a plan of action here. I suggest we take the chests first, it seems we're fairly isolated and have enough room to rest if anything goes badly bang. We put Venkarlo or Mhairri or Manachan inside (most chance to avoid traps) and we wait outside at the ready for summons or to help. Maybe with simple spells to aid saving throws :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]That sounds . . . interesting :D. Sorry, missed the update and then had the Thanksgiving holiday stuff to do. Back to following along and getting to the RP again.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases