Dr Strange 2: In the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers)

MarkB

Legend
Best bit was when Stange tells Wanda his solution to Thanos was the only one [Wanda makes an Insight check: Strange is lying].
Is he? We had that whole bit with him going through several hundred million possible futures, and finding only one where they came out on top.

Is he? We had that whole bit with him going through several hundred million possible futures, and finding only one where they came out on top.
We only have his word for that. Cumberbatch was emoting "I'm lying" and Olsen was emoting "I don't believe you" in any case.

G

Guest 7034872

What a mess that thing was.

Try this: take out all the special effects and musical scores and then tell me the story of that movie. Narratively, how coherent and focused is it? How well does it hold together?

If I recall correctly, and I may not, his third eye enabled him to see all sorts of sorcerous things in our world that otherwise remain invisible to normal vision. Things like spirits and demons tormenting people, or just floating around in the air.

Can someone explain the 3rd eye? what are the consequences of that

Just watched it this weekend. I've got mixed feelings on it. Dr. Strange is one of my favorite Marvel superheroes (alongside Thor, and, ahem, Morbius) since I was a kid . So seeing him come to life remains a treat. That being said, I came away from this movie pretty unhappy with the treatment of Wanda, relegating her to little more than a Monstrous Feminine trope, ignoring the growth and experience of Wandavision. Her death pretty much parallels that of Ikaris in The Eternals exactly and seemed a cheap form of closure.

There were parts I liked, sure, but I'm still calling it Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Misogyny.

Remove ads