Dr Strange 2: In the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers)

Hussar

Legend
So what? Why should I give a crap about them? It's not like they're real. You're much too invested in these fictional people.

You asked for it.
Dude, I honestly have no idea where this hostility is coming from. It would be really, really appreciated if you'd dial it back a notch or just put me on ignore if what I'm saying is causing you so much angst.

Are you seriously, from an in universe perspective, claiming that the children that Wanda magically creates, then magically force ages, complete with personalities and memories 100% fabricated from her own imagination are real, but, the people of the town are just fictions? Sorry, but, the children are just delusions. The only reason they're not delusions, is because Wanda is this incredibly powerful godlike being who can reify her delusions. They are not her children. If they were her children, and not just echoes from other dimensions, she wouldn't have to murder an iteration of herself and replace herself as the mother of these children.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
In the comics, nobody ever kills the Joker - except in the Kingdom Come miniseries, where it was considered a big turning point that sets up later tragedy.
And The Dark Knight Returns miniseries, but that may not count as the Joker kills himself by moving his head around after Batman breaks the Joker's neck.

Davies

Legend
Are you seriously, from an in universe perspective,
You're the one who was complaining that people who defended Wanda were contemptible for being so invested in the defense of a fictional character. I return the favor.

And I'm always hostile to people who want to burn the witch, and cite the finale of the Dark Phoenix saga as a model for other stories rather than a disgusting narrative foisted on the writer by a pederast artist and a misogynist editor. Put me on ignore if you have a problem with that.

Eric V

Hero
You're the one who was complaining that people who defended Wanda were contemptible for being so invested in the defense of a fictional character. I return the favor.

And I'm always hostile to people who want to burn the witch, and cite the finale of the Dark Phoenix saga as a model for other stories rather than a disgusting narrative foisted on the writer by a pederast artist and a misogynist editor. Put me on ignore if you have a problem with that.
I don't think anyone has used the word 'contemptible'...or insinuated anything close to it, really.

I also don't think anyone wants to 'burn the witch.' @Hussar can speak for himself, but I don't think anyone thinks this writing of Wanda in Wandavision (and certainly not MoM) is a good reflection of the character...they did her dirty.

Eric V

Hero
There's an argument to be made that the Joker is mentally impaired, and thus not fully responsible for what he does; but he clearly does at least understand on some level what he's doing--and likes it that way.. Its abundantly clear for the first half of Wandavision, that she doesn't. It'd be like calling a super a villain for killing someone in their sleep.
Yeah, we disagree about her level of understanding after she confronts SWORD midway through the season...I think she knows full well* nothing good is happening to the citizens in the town but she just doesn't care...not compared to her own issues.

*Even if she doesn't know, for sure, she's torturing them...she certainly takes no steps to find out if the bubble is affecting them in any negative way at all, and when wielding power of her level, there's a moral imperative to do so. But again, the writers decided to...do what they did.

Eric V

Hero
He said that he wanted her "in the ground". I'm sure that he enjoyed watching her get crushed by rocks, but would prefer a more European style execution.
I...did not see that at all. I mean, I may have just missed it; the closest I saw was when he was trying to explain SWORD's perspective as a law-enforcement agency.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Yeah, we disagree about her level of understanding after she confronts SWORD midway through the season...I think she knows full well* nothing good is happening to the citizens in the town but she just doesn't care...not compared to her own issues.

Yeah, that's not my reading at all.

*Even if she doesn't know, for sure, she's torturing them...she certainly takes no steps to find out if the bubble is affecting them in any negative way at all, and when wielding power of her level, there's a moral imperative to do so. But again, the writers decided to...do what they did.

While you can roll off anything with the blame-the-writers card on this sort of thing, I still think this assumes she's thinking straight in a way I don't believe she's depicted as until after the confrontation with Agatha.

Remove ads