• I will allow them as is

Votes: 386 48.4%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 202 25.3%
  • I'm a special snowflake and have another idea

Votes: 70 8.8%

Ahglock

First Post
they don't ewok or gungan bother me so chances are I will let them in, though if I do one of my already established campaign settings I may hold off on letting them in till I figure out how to slide them into the campaign world.

But if what I see sucks big time I wont let them in.

Khairn

First Post
If I were to play 4E, I'd use them as appropriate for the setting. So they would not be allowed in my FR game, and wouldn't be allowed if I GM'ed Eberron. They also wouldn't be suitable for my IK, my homebrew game of my BR games.

But if WotC introduces a new setting that I enjoy and where they fit, then yeah, I would allow them.

pawsplay

Hero
I can't really answer. They confuse me so much. Ancient empires of lizard-dudes have never been a big part of my D&D experience. You might as well ask me what I think of Arcana Evolved races.

Agamon

Adventurer
Assuming I play the game, I think both Dragonborn and Tieflings fit the darker Points of Light D&D that 4E is trying to be. Works for me.

.:avatar:.

First Post
I'll have Dragonborn in my first campaign, but not as a PC race.
They'd work for me as playable race only with a good background or in a high fantasy setting.

I'm sorry, but the world I'm already working on is not called Tamriel... nothing personal, DB.

argonian.gif

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well as far as it seems I might finally start my homebrew world with the 4e and the dragonborn might find their place in there. Especially since my dragons all live in a land beyond great desert and what I've heard of dragonborn is that their fluff is tied to deserts. But with other settings I have no idea what to do with them. Maybe they give a good fluff for integrating them and I'll use, maybe I hate and rip them from my books (well not really :cool: ).

D.Shaffer

First Post
Until I see it, I wont make a final judgement, But I'll probably let them in. They sound, from the fluff, more like advanced lizardmen then actual dragon men. That's not exactly a new concept, and since I tend to go toward the pulp end of things, I wouldnt have a problem with that concept at all.

If they had called them 'Noble Lizardmen' in the book, and just added some fluff of 'Claim dragon heritage', would people have had as much of a problem with them?

delericho

Legend
I quite often change the list of available races depending on the campaign. As such, Dragonborn will be banned or not depending on the campaign, and only be slightly more likely to be banned than Elves. So, the existence of Dragonborn, or Tieflings, or even Warforged in the PHB doesn't concern me.

One thing that does (slightly) concern me about 4e is that the races seem to have more to them (in terms of talent trees and such) than in previous editions. This may make adding new or replacement races more difficult.

Aristotle

First Post
I intend to ban them as PCs at first, but may allow them later depending on what I see in the PHB. I suspect PHB races will be supported more heavily in future products, so I don't want to completely cut out that portion of the product line.

My point of light campaign is especially forgiving of new, or even alien, races... so they will likely work just fine for me; but I still feel they would have been better served as an MM race.

Remove ads