• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance DRAGONLANCE LIVES! Unearthed Arcana Explores Heroes of Krynn!

The latest Unearthed Arcana has arrived and the 6-page document contains rules for kender, lunar magic, Knights of Solamnia, and Mages of High Sorcery. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options from the Dragonlance setting. This playtest document presents the kender race, the Lunar Magic sorcerer subclass, the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery backgrounds, and a...

The latest Unearthed Arcana has arrived and the 6-page document contains rules for kender, lunar magic, Knights of Solamnia, and Mages of High Sorcery.

Dragonlance.jpg

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options from the Dragonlance setting. This playtest document presents the kender race, the Lunar Magic sorcerer subclass, the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery backgrounds, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons & Dragons.

Kender have a (surprisingly magical) ability to pull things out of a bag, and a supernatural taunt feature. This magical ability appears to replace the older 'kleptomania' description -- "Unknown to most mortals, a magical phenomenon surrounds a kender. Spurred by their curiosity and love for trinkets, curios, and keepsakes, a kender’s pouches or pockets will be magically filled with these objects. No one knows where these objects come from, not even the kender. This has led many kender to be mislabeled as thieves when they fish these items out of their pockets."

Lunar Magic is a sorcerer subclass which draws power from the moon(s); there are notes for using it in Eberron.

Also included are feats such as Adepts of the Black, White, and Red Robes, and Knights of the Sword, Rose, and Crown.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
the kender are going to need an overhaul no matter what as the legends about their player are something else.

you know why I like when a new UA drop the buzz of activity.
Do you mean the person who played Tasslehoff back in the day, or just people who play kender? If the latter, I agree they do have a rep.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Do you mean the person who played Tasslehoff back in the day, or just people who play kender? If the latter, I agree they do have a rep.
the latter as even I have heard of it and I am newguard.
Personally I wouldn't mind if kender end up "fey halflings" rather than the one dimensional trope of "annoying everyone" they tend to be. Same with all the Dragonlance races to be honest.
what other dragonlance races do they even have to go wrong?

Personally I wouldn't mind if kender end up "fey halflings" rather than the one dimensional trope of "annoying everyone" they tend to be. Same with all the Dragonlance races to be honest.
I don’t disagree thought I rather liked the Graygem story. But yeah, Dragonlance gnomes and Kender are sort of just recipes for making people hate playing with you 🤣

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads