• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drinking and gaming?

Do you or your group drink alcohol while gaming?

• Yes, always

Votes: 63 16.5%
  • Yes, sometimes

Votes: 131 34.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 81 21.2%
  • No, Never

Votes: 107 28.0%

James Heard

Explorer
I don't mind if other people do, but I just don't drink a whole lot anymore. As long as no one's getting stupid, rowdy, or falling asleep because they're drinking during a game it doesn't bother me...But there are plenty of people who manage all of those things without any liquor at all.

I suppose if I gamed at home more I might, but the only reason that might happen is if I were running the game and then I wouldn't want to drink just so I could be extra malicious and evil.

On the other hand, I guess if I did a whole thing each gaming session of setting out a meal before the roleplaying commenced, I suppose I'd be drinking something while eating. It just doesn't seem right to not drink while entertaining with food.

Abraxas

Explorer
We always have beer on hand and at least one person having a few. Ours are definitely beer & pretzel games - I've actually never been at a game where no one was having a beer or two.

the shmoopie

First Post
We drink, a few of us smoke (outside), and we eat snack food as well. I guess we are just one big vice.

(it should go without saying that we don't get drunk... you cannot D&D drunk.)

Wraith-Hunter

First Post
I never even drank at ALL until I started with a group in the late 90's. Had my first drink there (I had a very good friend get get plastered @16 took a joy ride and did a very good impression of ground beef down 2 miles of highway, made a big impression on me I was 14 at the time). So I started with wine coolers, never more than one and could not STAND beer.

I only ever drank there. Then the DM got a bar installed in the basement, and I had some Molsen Golden, good stuff he brought back from canada. MMM that was good; first beer I liked. Also got into wines at the same time and prefered that and girlie drinks.

Then I could do Molsen in bottles then Corona. Now I can't stand most domestic beers, with the exception of Sam Adams. Miller/Bud etc is like water. Guiness is my favorite now, and Stella is a close second. Funny thing is I don't drink wine anymore lost the taste for it, butlove trying new beers. Smithwicks is also good, like light Guiness.

At the game I host the DM is up at 5am so he usually has mountain dew and the other guys don't drink much. I'll have 2-4 and usually try to have a couple choices, but seems like I am the only one.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
When I'm DMing, I'm constantly guzzling one of two things: coffee or martinis (made with gin, not those kangaroos that Ian Fleming popularized). When I'm DMing at home, which do you think that I'm really gonna ge guzzling? ;)

When I host I make my home bar fully available. I've served a few manhattans, scotches, or martinis, but by and far, the casual American drinker that I've been gaming with prefers domestic beer. I rarely drink beer myself, so maybe I have a problem...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads