• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drinking and gaming?

Do you or your group drink alcohol while gaming?

• Yes, always

Votes: 63 16.5%
  • Yes, sometimes

Votes: 131 34.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 81 21.2%
  • No, Never

Votes: 107 28.0%

fusangite

First Post
My regular Thursday night group is an ethanol-powered gaming dynamic.

My Sunday night group is a different social contract and involves less drinking.

It really depends on the social contract you have established for your group. I like everything from dry games to drunk games, provided everyone is on board.

Aaron, I'm not sure how you discovered that beer tastes like urine! Wrong bottle at a party? :D ;)

Personally I don't like the taste of beer either and I only drink spirits very occasionally (I'd rather spend my disposable income on things like gaming stuff).

I answered never but I do remember an occasion a couple of years ago when a few people in the group had some beers during the session. Not anywhere near enough to get drunk or affect their gameplay. More just a drink to relax with.

Olaf the Stout

derelictjay

Explorer
Its rare, but occasionally we have a beer around the table. Most of those I game with don't really drink much, but I don't have a problem with the consumption of alcohol around the table, and those I game with don't have a problem with it.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Gaming, much like walking my dog, watching television, or talking to my wife, is an activity I could not comprehend undertaking sober.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We refer to the last game when people drank as "the night the party got absolutely slaughtered." Generally speaking, we no longer drink during games.

Most of our games, we'll have a BBQ for lunch and most in the group have a beer or two with that. When we get back to the game though, Coke,tea and water seem to be the preferred refreshments. Occasionally one or two of the guys will slip a bourbon into their coke but this is normally to go with pizza.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

ssampier

First Post
We generally drink a couple of beers* with dinner before or after the game. We only drink strong liquor with a large crowd of long-distance friends gather.

*this of course is Utah, so all beer not sold in liquor-stores is 3.2% alcohol.

suzi yee said:
I find in general, the GM is happier with a scotch on the rocks. ;)

Almost sig worthy. I like my scotch with on the rocks with a splash of water.

As for the OP, try schnapps, it's sweet and fruity with a strong kick that's not as girly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads