WotC Drizzt Do'Urden Action Figure Available for Pre-Order

Hasbro Pulse announced today an exclusive Drizzt Do'Urden action figure as part of their Hasbro Pulse pre-order system. From the product description: Fans and collectors can finally add one of the most popular and recognizable Dungeons & Dragons characters to their action figure collections with the Drizzt Do’Urden figure! Imagine epic battles from the Forgotten Realms with this Drizzt &...

Hasbro Pulse announced today an exclusive Drizzt Do'Urden action figure as part of their Hasbro Pulse pre-order system.

drizzt.jpg

From the product description:

Fans and collectors can finally add one of the most popular and recognizable Dungeons & Dragons characters to their action figure collections with the Drizzt Do’Urden figure!

Imagine epic battles from the Forgotten Realms with this Drizzt & Guenhwyvar 6-inch-scale action figure 2-pack! Featuring multiple points of articulation, these highly poseable figures feature premium design and deco, inspired by the Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance video game. Drizzt & Guenhwyvar come battle-ready with 10 accessories, including iconic swords Icingdeath and Twinkle, 6 cards featuring exclusive artwork, and an oversized Icewind Dale d20. And with custom artwork by Max Dunbar, the Dungeons & Dragons Drizzt & Guenhwyvar package will make a mark on shelves. Available exclusively through Hasbro Pulse.

Includes: 2 figures, 10 accessories, 6 cards, and Icewind Dale die.
  • A drow from the Underdark city of Menzoberranzan, the third son of Matron Mother Malice of House Do’Urden -- born on the eve of battle
  • The highly poseable, fully articulated Drizzt and Guenhwyvar 6-inch-scale figures feature premium deco, inspired by the Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance video game
  • This Drizzt action figure comes with 10 character-inspired accessories, including 2 swords -- Icingdeath and Twinkle -- and the Figurine of Wondrous Power
  • This Hasbro Pulse exclusive action figure 2-pack features custom artwork created by the talented comic book and concept artist Max Dunbar
  • This Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms Drizzt & Guenhwyvar action figure set is available exclusively through Hasbro Pulse, and comes with 6 cards and an oversized Icewind Dale d20
Ages 12 and up

WARNING: Small parts and small balls.

The announcement also came with an interview with R. A. Salvatore about Drizzt and Dungeons & Dragons in general as well as an interview with Max Dunbart that features concept art from the box and character design for the figure. The figure is available for pre-order now with an estimated shipping date of December 18, 2020.

Note: Like all Hasbro Pulse pre-orders, this offer is only available for residents of the United States and its territories and Canada.

drizzt2.jpg

drizzt5.jpg

drizzt3.jpg
drizzt4.jpg

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

ccs

41st lv DM
In part, jet-black skin is difficult to depict visually, both in illustration/painting and also in 3D toys & miniatures.

But also, the classically evil race with jet-black skin . . . it's a bit problematic. Hopefully for obvious reasons.

Concerning making jet black toys....
Given the sheer # Darth Vader figures Hasbro has pumped out over the years? I'm 100% certain they've got the process down.

Nope, poor Drizzt is just a victim of the times.

TheBanjoNerd

Gelatinous Dungeon Master
Nope, poor Drizzt is just a victim of the times.

As stated elsewhere in the thread, Drizzt's skin color hasn't exactly been consistent. He's been depicted as brown, grey, jet-black, and purple-ish over the past thirty-odd years. So, which "times" has he been a victim of? The 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's, or 20's?

ccs

41st lv DM
As stated elsewhere in the thread, Drizzt's skin color hasn't exactly been consistent. He's been depicted as brown, grey, jet-black, and purple-ish over the past thirty-odd years. So, which "times" has he been a victim of? The 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's, or 20's?

The last several years through now to be specific.
Before that it was just assorted artistic tricks because solid black is very hard to do print-wise &/or poorly done art.

Aaron L

Hero
And yet here's the official D&D Miniature of Drizzt, from the D&D Icons line:

View attachment 126699

Johnathan
This figure here looks great. I think glossy obsidian black skin is very aesthetically pleasing, and is one of the reasons for the appeal of the Drow; Dark Elves are still Elves, and therefore beautiful.

I do basically like the look of the new figure (although those magical visual-effect attachments for Icingdeath and Twinkle look pretty... dodgy. Couldn't they have used a thinner and more translucent material? Like a very clear blue plastic for Icingdeath, and totally clear plastic with embedded glitter for Twinkle... that would have looked great. These attachments are interchangeable chunky blue stuff that makes it look as though his swords were coated with thick gobs of blueberry jam, and just look bad.)

But I agree that his skin is far too light blue. It could easily have been made a glossy black, or at least dark grey, and looked very good. People always claim that it's just too difficult to make illustrations of Drow with genuine black skin that don't look bad, but I have seen plenty of illustrations of Drow with accurate glossy black skin that looked wonderful. (As for the complaints about equating the evil Dark Elves with dark-skinned humans... I have never heard of a human being possessing actual blue-black obsidian skin such as the Drow have. Dark Elves don't have skin like African human beings, they are inhumanly dark.)

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Alright guys, check it out.

I have this idea for a wicked awesome character.

Okay, so he's going to be this totally dark and haunted character, right, but he's deep down a good guy and is like "Naw, I'ma do my own thing Drow society !" And everyone else is like "Whoa, that's really tight and engaging, how he's trying to make up for the sins of his evil upbringing and society" and loves him.

So he's a ranger, right, but instead of a bow and arrow he uses TWO totally wicked swords. OH! and he's got like a big wildcat companion, but it's not a lame brown cougar or anything, it's a totally sweet black panther, which is like totally boss and super cool.

But he doesn't just use two super cool swords and a black panther, he also knows magic too. Super boss.

What do you guys think? I think I'm the first one to come up with this. Whenever I bring my character to the table everybody makes fun of me and rolls their eyes out of their head, but I think they're just jealous.

Sigh. It's always more Drizzt complaints.

We get lots of Drizzt because Drizzt is the most popular D&D character of all time, like it or not. The non-Drizzt fans need to get over this and just move on to the next product if they aren't interested in the next Drizzt book, or in this case, toy-for-adults.

This particular action figure not only features the most popular D&D character, but features a character from an upcoming D&D video game . . . it's promotional for the game, Dark Alliance. A common marketing tool every video game company uses . . . .

Personally, while I've enjoyed all of the "Legend of Drizzt" novels up through #34 (haven't picked up #35-36 yet) . . . I have mixed feelings about the character, Salvatore's writing, and the larger Realms as a setting . . . . but I don't get bent-out-of-shape every time WotC or a licensing partner produces new Drizzt merchandise. They would be fools not to capitalize on the enduring popularity of the character.

i wouldn't say a sigh is getting bent out of shape over it. I did say it was a cool statue, and that he is the most popular character. I don't hate the guy (indeed, the Drizzt books were my intro to the Realms, and I have followed his story, though I'm not as fond of them as I used to be). It would just be nice if it wasn't always Drizzt-related, as he's only a small portion of the Realms, even though yes, he's become an icon. But the Drizzt books barely feel like Realms books, as RAS tends to do his own thing. Perhaps if he did a better job of representing the Realms, especially since his books are so popular.

People have expressed their likes or dislikes about other products--the same can be done for Drizzt.

Last edited:

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Alright guys, check it out.

I have this idea for a wicked awesome character.

Okay, so he's going to be this totally dark and haunted character, right, but he's deep down a good guy and is like "Naw, I'ma do my own thing Drow society !" And everyone else is like "Whoa, that's really tight and engaging, how he's trying to make up for the sins of his evil upbringing and society" and loves him.

So he's a ranger, right, but instead of a bow and arrow he uses TWO totally wicked swords. OH! and he's got like a big wildcat companion, but it's not a lame brown cougar or anything, it's a totally sweet black panther, which is like totally boss and super cool.

But he doesn't just use two super cool swords and a black panther, he also knows magic too. Super boss.

What do you guys think? I think I'm the first one to come up with this. Whenever I bring my character to the table everybody makes fun of me and rolls their eyes out of their head, but I think they're just jealous.

Edgy emo guys with the world against them have always been a thing back to Hamlet. Before Drizzt there was Raistlin. Too many adolescent boys want to be strong too, I guess, so Drizzt was more popular. But you have to give Raist credit for actually killing the gods like so many people's parties were trying to do after Deities & Demigods came out.

Honestly Drizzt was pretty original at the time--everyone was writing their standard D&D party into their books. Tropes get overplayed because they strike a chord with a lot of people.

I enjoyed the first three dark elf books. After that I figured, well, Salvatore needs to eat.

Remove ads

Remove ads