D&D 5E Dual Wielder Feat Fix

ManBagel

Messing up everything in DnD since 2019
You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
  • You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.

• You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.

• You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.
  • When you attack and hit with your main attack you can make the second attack without using your bonus action.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
  • You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.

• You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.

• You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.
  • When you attack and hit with your main attack you can make the second attack without using your bonus action.
I’d change the quick draw part to “you can draw a weapon with each hand as part of the same action, and whenever you attack with a weapon you can draw that weapon as part of the same attack, even if you have done so before this turn.

So throwers get a boost.

Xeviat

Hero
It's one of the more obvious fixes for TWF. Best discussion of the problem and possible solutions is here: 5E - Improving Two-Weapon Fighting

I've been using this in my games for a while, and it's really good. You do have to change Hunter's Mark and Hex, though. I've made those Ranger and Warlock class abilities, have the damage only be once per round, leave both as 1 hour, but scale the damage to 1d6 at 1st level slot, 1d8 at 2nd level, up to 1d12 at 4th.

It makes the balance scale against Smite better: a 4th level smite is 5d8 damage, or 22.5. damage. 1d12 Hunter's mark/Hex is 6.5 damage per round, so 19.5 at 3 hits and 26 at 4 hits, so slower to build but can go higher in drawn out fights. It works out well. Since Hunter's mark and Hex are class abilities, they don't have concentration in my variant.

wizard71

Explorer
Using your bonus action for two weapon fighting balances it out. The only errata I would add to dual wield feat is quick draw for both weapons as part of the bonus action

Remove ads