DUAL WIELDING PISTOLS - AL LEGAL

ZethTheRed

First Post
I want to create a dual wielding pistol character for Al play.
I will be starting at 1st level and since it's AL I will be taking this character all the way to 20th level.

Halfling (still trying to decide what sub-race and willing to take suggestions)
He will be riding a Mastiff (which I get through a Fai Chen Cert and can re-summon via the Find Familiar spell).
I haven't decided how to get the Find Familiar Spell (1 level of Wizard or Arcane Trickster or the Ritual Caster Feat.

A lot of this is just Flavor (I see him riding into town on his mastiff, pulling out 2 pistols and shooting them into the air for his entrance)

At first glance this is what I am thinking:
Lightfoot Halfling

Str: 10
Dex: 14+2
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Con: 14
Cha: 13+1

Rogue (Arcane Trickster)

Feats: Dual Wielding / Sharpshooter /

Suggestions?
Thoughts?
On how to optimize this character but also wants FUN suggestions.

Thanks!

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I say drop Dual Wielder. The only benefit for you is drawing two weapons, which only matters if you're caught flat-footed.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Play an Out of the Abyss adventure that lets you get into a fight with somebody (drow?) armed with hand crossbows. Take the hand crossbows after you defeat the previous owner. Even if they only last for the rest of the adventure, you will get a 'prototype run' and can test the build in combat.

If AL accepts SCAG sub-races, the telepathic Halfling might be something different and fun. "Psst, hey, sneaky ambush guy - I know you're hiding over there!" says the voice in HIS head.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases