• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DUNGEON Magazine Monster Index!

Garnfellow

Explorer
Found a little more info on a 2nd edition floater . . .

A tiny psionic creature from Dark Sun (MC12). Doesn't sound much like the thing from Kingdom of the Ghouls.

As an aside, I am always blown away by the amount of monster information over at that World of Sulerin site (http://www.sulerin.com). That is one massive database.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
Is there an index somewhere of monsters from those Monstrous Compendium annuals? I never picked up any of them, but it sounds like there were some good monsters there -- mostly from Dragon Magazine, I guess.

Here you go :cool:

Attachments

• Annuals.xls
    112.5 KB · Views: 146

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Nope. I'm just checking the list as I index my Dungeons.

Incidentally, why is the tortle listed for issue #6? Sure, there's a adventure involving tortles, but as far as I can see, there isn't actually a stat block for a tortle included, except as part of a two-page "Combined Monster Statistics Table", and none of the other critters in that table were indexed (thankfully).

Similarly for issue #13. "Hivebrood" is listed in the index, and there is indeed one particular example of a hivemind (and several hiveleaders) in the adventure "Of Nests and Nations". However, there isn't a general statblock for any of the hivebrood creatures, so I'm not sure why they are listed?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk said:
Nope. I'm just checking the list as I index my Dungeons.

Incidentally, why is the tortle listed for issue #6? Sure, there's a adventure involving tortles, but as far as I can see, there isn't actually a stat block for a tortle included, except as part of a two-page "Combined Monster Statistics Table", and none of the other critters in that table were indexed (thankfully).

Similarly for issue #13. "Hivebrood" is listed in the index, and there is indeed one particular example of a hivemind (and several hiveleaders) in the adventure "Of Nests and Nations". However, there isn't a general statblock for any of the hivebrood creatures, so I'm not sure why they are listed?

Good questions. When I compiled the index, I asked for feedback and just included what folks posted. I'll fix those you mentioned, and if you find others, let me know. :)

Remove ads