• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dungeon tiles for minatures

zabom

First Post
Hey, glad its going well, and I hope you do great.

I also, however, find the tall walls great to look at, but a pain when actually playing. I would prefer walls that are 1/3 or maybe even 1/6 of what you currently have. It will still look great, and give the impression of walls, but you can still see the mini's, and can pick them up and move them easily.

You also may want to experiment with making the walls thinner. As it is now, they basically take over half of a tile space, so a 10' wide corridor is actually 7.5'. If you could make them about 1/2 the width, then it would be easier to play them as 10' corridors.

In addition, these changes will cut down on time and materials, making your product even more affordable.

You could still make some 'accent' pieces that were full height. Things like doors, windows, columns, fireplace, even a wall segment. They would add to the impression of height and a 'complete' room, yet still allow for vision and movement.

You have some good ideas here. If there are more people who think this way, a half wall set might be a very good idea. I will add that to my to do list. When my group plays, I usually only use walls on one side of the room, letting the other side be defined by the floor tiles. I find that this makes moving mini's easier and actually makes the entire scene easier to see. In some cases we don't use wall pieces at all and just use the floor pieces. (and doors) It is my goal to create systems that work with everyone's play style. I actually don't use them to define the entire dungeon either. I only set up actual combat areas. Since I have 8 players in our game minis do wonders to help keep everything straight and allow everyone to take advantage of strategies such as using cover, attacks of opportunity, and flanking. As much as I would love to sell enough of these to set up entire dungeons, I have to say I don't recommend it. A starter set and an extra floor set is enough to represent just about any combat scenario.

Remove ads