D&D General #Dungeon23

Reynard

Legend
I am going to give this a shot but I am not going to lock myself into having to do it sequentially. If I get an idea for a room of level 4a on the other side of a pit trap portal (which i haven't put in the dungeon yet) that's what I will do that day.

Now to go find a set of stock arts maps. What has Dyson been up to recently, i wonder.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think I'm going to use some Ideas from Trophy to help frame things. Theme to help frame sets, and both of those to help frame 'rooms', by which I really just mean linked sets of encounters. Trophy incursions start with a flowchart and each flowchart item could hold however many 'rooms'. It probably helps that I already have a framework laid out for this of course. :)
Yeah, I'm thinking the weekly structure will help for me. For the overland top level, there will be a woods full of spiders, a bandit camp, the ruined temple and a graveyard section, each with their own types of challenges, most of which will have a connection to a lower level of the dungeon, etc. Doing it in weekly bite-sized pieces should make the theming easier for me.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Now to go find a set of stock arts maps. What has Dyson been up to recently, i wonder.
Look for his Dyson Delves dungeons, which are basically exactly what this challenge is, size-wise. He's also been doing five-room dungeons lately, which won't exactly match up with this (although five room dungeons are a good thematic model for each of these weeks).

Reynard

Legend
Look for his Dyson Delves dungeons, which are basically exactly what this challenge is, size-wise. He's also been doing five-room dungeons lately, which won't exactly match up with this (although five room dungeons are a good thematic model for each of these weeks).
I have Dyson's Delve from 2017-ish. I have not looked recently.

I think I am going to do this with Five Torches Deep.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I am going to grab Maze Rats and a couple other OSR things to help with inspiration.
Maze Rats amuses me, because although it's by one of the main voices of OSR, its design is so similar to how video games work. I'm not sure if that's irony or parallel evolution or what, but it's great.

Remove ads