• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons of Dread Preview 4

Mentat55

First Post
Jack99 said:
I thought immunities were out for 4e? Or is that just the normal game, not the card game?

Energy immunities seem to be going out the window, but poison immunity for undead seems reasonable.

Peter LaCara

Explorer
Mentat55 said:
Energy immunities seem to be going out the window, but poison immunity for undead seems reasonable.
Also, since poison is rarely used by PCs in general, it should be way less annoying than an energy immunity.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Awesome previews. I can see making a 'wormling' Balhannoth of about 4-5 level to challenge a low level party. Awesome, awesome!! That could be an encounter to remember. I have always liked putting demons into my campaign, and now they seem complete: Easy to run, fun, and challenging!!

Almacov

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
And to bring it back on-topic, may I ask what this "Deathburst" is?

I was just meaning something like an explosion out to a 5-foot radius when the Immolith is destroyed. That way when at least one or two of the party members have been dragged in by the thing the others would have to weigh the pros and cons of firing ranged attacks/spells to finish it off. Might make for some nice tension. =)

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Zamkaizer said:
If you were to fling yourself at me using a trebuchet, the sickening collision of bone and flesh would likely not, barring Quantum shenanigans, produce a healing effect.

I realize that's a terrible analogy, but the imagery dictated that it had to be posted.

I call Quantum shenanigans! Hm, on second thought I'd better not get entangled in this discussion. :heh:

Thaumaturge.

Pssthpok

First Post
I'm willing to bet a few bucks that "Fire resistance 15" adds 15 to the creature's defenses vs. fire-based attacks, making it harder to score hits on them... at least in the table-top game. Not sure about DDM.

This would make [any] resistance 15 considerably powerful, no?

hong

WotC's bitch
Zamkaizer said:
If you were to fling yourself at me using a trebuchet, the sickening collision of bone and flesh would likely not, barring Quantum shenanigans, produce a healing effect.

I realize that's a terrible analogy, but the imagery dictated that it had to be posted.
Needs to be a generic food metaphor.

If you were to fling peanut butter at me with a trebuchet, the collision with my ice cream would produce a smooth, luscious concoction spread all over my skin that would have a tremendous invigorating effect.

arscott

First Post
The fire Archon in Desert of Desolation is immune to fire.

So even if energy immunities are disappearing from the RPG, they're still in skirmish.

Benimoto

First Post
The HP for both the monsters, I'd bet, is artificially low in the miniatures game. We already saw that the Balhannoth had closer to 80 hp on the RPG side, back when the RPG side of the cards were briefly flashed on the GamerZer0 video podcast. And in in preview 2, Peter Lee mentioned that he had lowered the amount of HP the hydra had to make it more playable in the skirmish game.

The skirmish game features fairly even forces, and so I would guess that combats take longer than fights in the RPG, where the characters typically have the advantage. To make up for this, they lower HP levels in the skirmish game. Or at least that's my understanding of the design philosophy here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads