• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeonscape Answers

Razz

Banned
Banned
Videssian said:
I've bolded the relevant bits. Doesn't this mean that even though you get 2 spells @ 4th, you can't use one of them, because the maximum level is still 1st @ 4th?

WOTC really ought to proofread their stuff better.. I'd think it wouldn't cost them anything, as I expect they could get many eager volunteers :)

You'd be able to to pick two 1st level spells, but they cannot be the same spell, since you cannot prepare a spell more than once with the Factotum.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Right but just saying he's comment on the "Cheese" of 3rd and the addition of stuff "outside of Core."

Heh..yes, I got it the first time. I just love the way people use these bizarre extreme examples when voicing their displeasure. But this guy's an amateur. A pro would have made his Fiendish Half-Celestial Lich Gelatinous Cube Warmage into a lycanthrope as well. :p

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Nightfall said:
Someone is annoyed with more base classes.

You know what thety say about assuming.

I was talking about the sentry ooze template.

Shadowslayer said:
Heh..yes, I got it the first time. I just love the way people use these bizarre extreme examples when voicing their displeasure. But this guy's an amateur. A pro would have made his Fiendish Half-Celestial Lich Gelatinous Cube Warmage into a lycanthrope as well. :p

What makes you think it's displeasure? I like options.

Greg K

Legend
I looked at the book last Thursday while at the bookstore and then again over the weekend while at the local con. I didn't care for the Factotum or the majority of the variant abilities which didn't surprise me ( Despite my preference for new base classes and class variants to PrCs, I have been disappointed with WOTC's new base classes for 3.5 and the majority of post Unearthed Arcana class variants. However, the Factotum and the class variants aside, I was very impressed by the book.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Was going through the book again today. Had a laugh at the line intro-ing the Acid Born Template: "Every dungeon designer knows that the only deterrent more effective than a pit full of acid, is a pit full of acid with a shark in it."

On the other end of the spectrum, I was reading the Dungeon Lord PrC. Thought it smelled of cheese. Its listed as a PrC, but striles me more as a template thet'll turn your pet monster into an all knowing and all controlling monster. I thought it was kinda like cheating.

Last edited:

Remove ads