Dungeonscape Answers

Razz

Banned
Banned
Videssian said:
I've bolded the relevant bits. Doesn't this mean that even though you get 2 spells @ 4th, you can't use one of them, because the maximum level is still 1st @ 4th?

WOTC really ought to proofread their stuff better.. I'd think it wouldn't cost them anything, as I expect they could get many eager volunteers :)

You'd be able to to pick two 1st level spells, but they cannot be the same spell, since you cannot prepare a spell more than once with the Factotum.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Right but just saying he's comment on the "Cheese" of 3rd and the addition of stuff "outside of Core."

Heh..yes, I got it the first time. I just love the way people use these bizarre extreme examples when voicing their displeasure. But this guy's an amateur. A pro would have made his Fiendish Half-Celestial Lich Gelatinous Cube Warmage into a lycanthrope as well. :p

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Nightfall said:
Someone is annoyed with more base classes.

You know what thety say about assuming.

I was talking about the sentry ooze template.

Shadowslayer said:
Heh..yes, I got it the first time. I just love the way people use these bizarre extreme examples when voicing their displeasure. But this guy's an amateur. A pro would have made his Fiendish Half-Celestial Lich Gelatinous Cube Warmage into a lycanthrope as well. :p

What makes you think it's displeasure? I like options.

Greg K

Legend
I looked at the book last Thursday while at the bookstore and then again over the weekend while at the local con. I didn't care for the Factotum or the majority of the variant abilities which didn't surprise me ( Despite my preference for new base classes and class variants to PrCs, I have been disappointed with WOTC's new base classes for 3.5 and the majority of post Unearthed Arcana class variants. However, the Factotum and the class variants aside, I was very impressed by the book.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Was going through the book again today. Had a laugh at the line intro-ing the Acid Born Template: "Every dungeon designer knows that the only deterrent more effective than a pit full of acid, is a pit full of acid with a shark in it."

On the other end of the spectrum, I was reading the Dungeon Lord PrC. Thought it smelled of cheese. Its listed as a PrC, but striles me more as a template thet'll turn your pet monster into an all knowing and all controlling monster. I thought it was kinda like cheating.

Last edited:

Remove ads