• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dutch ENworld meeting

Maldur

First Post
Laiyna ben jij dit?

Attachments

• laiyna.jpg
    laiyna.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 109

laiyna

First Post
COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jup daar heb ik de naam van, en zo te zien is dat een origneel. Ik heb met veel pijn en moeite er ook een, maar in een strip.

Ben je ook fervent strip/commic verzamelaar?

Lai

The It's Man

Explorer
-- How often does this happen?
-- When did the trouble start?
-- You see, my stethoscope is bobbing
-- To the throbbing of your heart.
What kind of man is he
To create this allergy?
It goes boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
Boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom-boom-boom,
-- Oh!
Boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
-- Well, goodness gracious me.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
You posted in mine thread--I'll post ya back :)

Hallo Maldur :)

Although I'm Canadian by law, my roots are quite Dutch (at 191cm is there any doubt?). All my uncles (ooms), aunts (tantes), and cousins (neeven en nichten, sp?) live in Holland: Heiloo, Nijmegen, Groningen, Rotterdam, Vries, Hoorn, Emmen (where I was born. Great zoo there--no I wasn't born in a zoo :D ), and elsewhere I've forgotten.

As much as I appreciate being Canadian in Montreal, I miss my familial connections--travel to europe is not as easy as driving down highway 401 over here for 500km (6 hours) to see my parents in Toronto. Sigh.

So, since I can't go to Holland this year, I wish you a hartelijk meeting in Arnhem! Tell us all about it, okay? :)

-W. :cool:

PS: Yes, sadly enough I had to use my engels/nederlands woordenboek :eek:

Maldur

First Post
Winterthorn,
Good to hear from you. Whenever your visiting relatives send me a mail and we'll gather some ENworlders for the occasion.

Een woordeboek! Slecht hoor :p

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Re: You posted in mine thread--I'll post ya back :)

Winterthorn said:
(neeven en nichten, sp?)

Neven.

Dutch is a very hard language to learn for English speakers. Actually it is a very hard language to learn for almost everyone, Germans possibly excepted. There are just so many small rules, such as the above that the double ee is shortened to e. Then there are 2 rather unique sounds (The "U" is actually more or less as unique as the glottal "G" is...)

I should have continued with general linguistic studies...

Rav

Remove ads