log in or register to remove this ad

 

Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
In progress map.png

OOC: Midgrim saw the movement somewhere towards the corridor leaving room 30 which is where I believe you were resting. Whatever it was it came from deeper in the dungeon.

Also, regarding the bodies, yes you had searched them. No treasure, and the brestplate of the plate armour worn by the man has been smashed in. The woman's chainmail would likely be salvageable though. No weapons, and the woman's shield has been smashed to pieces.

So... where to now?
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Well... I didn't think anything would be more uncomfortable than the temple's beds. But it seems that I was wrong. I think I would have slept even less had I known we were being watched."

Jimi finishes off his breakfast, kneels down in a quiet corner of the room, and begins his daily prayers and meditations to Tyche. Having seen first hand the dangers that lurk within the Dwimmermount, and knowing that they are perhaps being watched or followed by persons with unknown motives, he asks his deity to grant him another spell of healing. His rituals complete, he touches his holy symbol and rises to his feet again, before stretching his arms and yawning loudly.

"So then. If we are all done here, shall we pack up camp and continue our explorations?"
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Let's do. Left this time?" proposes the fatter of the dwarven brothers, combing crumbs out of his wedge-shaped beard (and storing them for later) as he rolls himself up. "I've been thinking and: those kobs are a guarding something in these rooms back here, sure as sure... So what say yee we relieve them of it right quick, eh?"


OOC: If a go, let's head left at the first intersection, same walking order as yesterday please (Klyman in front, etc). Midgrim'll keep a wary eye out for any tracks or traces their night visitor might have left when they go over that bit.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman will take the lead reluctantly, "Okay, but you guys have to stay with me, I'd better not burst into a lair of orcs to find you all two miles behind and laughing at me."

That understood, Klyman will cautiously proceed, being alert to anything out-of-the-ordinary, and movements of any kind, sounds, and most of all making sure that the Dwarves are indeed following him about ten feet back.
 

Imperialus

Explorer
Making your way back into the darkened corridor you creep carefully down the corridor to the left. It appears to be a small dead end room with a large number of fungi with riotous colours all over the floor, walls, and even the ceiling.

In Progress Map.png
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Well that shouts 'poison' if'n I know my fungi," whispers Midgrim. "Step yee back behind me, scout: this is why we dwarfs brought THIS along." And he unlimbers the 10' pole!

After everybody is in place, the fat dwarf will first use the pole to poke a bright red fungus at the 10' range, ready to quickly step back if need be...


OOC: He's expecting some sort of short range pollen spurt or contact poison or something. If that's what he gets, he'll begin exploring the room with the metal hooked end -- going slowly, carefully, to minimize pollen production (if any), and periodically pausing to allow it to fall back down to the ground. Looking for any hollows or valuables hidden underneath the growths...
 

Imperialus

Explorer
Carefully edging into the room Midgrim begins poking at the fungi. Suddenly a horrendous, ear piercing, shriek emanates from one of the tall mushrooms that you hadn't noticed before. Now that you see it more clearly you recognize it as a shrieker. Often used by dwarves and other subterranean creatures as a sort of alarm system.
 


Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Problem- PROBLEM'S WHAT COMES WHEN THE DINNER BELL RINGS!" shouts Midgrim over the din, leaning close to his ear. His first instinct is to keep searching while his brother and companions guard the rear, but... "IF'N WE HEAD BACK NOW, WE MIGHT BE ABLE TA AMBUSH THEM!" He repeatedly points back with a gloved hand to make his meaning clearer, already trotting that way himself: if nothing else it'll be quieter back there!


OOC: Midgrim is suggesting they head back to the entrance room, hide there and then attack the back of whomever goes into the mushroom room to investigate, bottling them in.
OOC: Does it look like there's just the one shrieker, Imperialus, or are there more? Does Midgrim know what triggers them (light, movement, noise, sight)?
 


Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi opens his mouth to say something, but then simply nods in agreement to save his voice.

He tilts his head to the side, pressing his left ear up against his shoulder and covering the other ear with his right hand to try and quieten the racket before following Midgrim into an ambush position.

Screaming mushrooms... whatever next...
 

Imperialus

Explorer
As you pull back down the corridor the screaming fades and then stops. It takes a few moments for the ringing to leave your ears, but as it does so you hear the sound of feet making their way down the corridor. Coming into view is a group of 5 Kobolds. They seem quite fixated on the cave that you just vacated and you are able to get a surprise round.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman takes full advantage of the surprise situation, and backstabs a kobold using the Thulian shortsword that they recovered from the spider. Unfortunately, he appears to have little success.

[roll0]
[roll1]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Midgrim bares his teeth as he sees the cused kobolds go in: sometimes it's hard to believe the Makers aren't watching after their sons anymore...

But then Klyman, quicker than the dwarves by far, rushess in before him!

"Keep that spell ready for us, Climent," suggests Midgrim even as he charges into the fray himself, axe swinging... into a whole lot of stagant air where a deformed kobold head used to be.

Oh, right. Cursed.


OOC: 1d20=2, 1d6+1=6
 

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Seeing Klyman position himself for a sneak attack, Jimi joins the fray and charges at one of the other preoccupied kobolds with his flail.

[OOC: Invisiblecastle.com seems to be down at the moment... Could the DM please roll my attack and damage in the meantime?]

Flail attack +1, damage 1d6+1


AC -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
To Hit 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9
 

Imperialus

Explorer
Jimi's roll:
To hit: [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11, damage with flail: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Climant with Dagger:
To hit: [1d20] = 12, damage with dagger: [1d4] = 2


Klyman and Midgrim's blows both miss, but Jimi manages to land a solid blow to the back of a Kobold's head with his flail causing it to collapse to the ground while Climent manages to stab one of the little fiends with his dagger.

Monster Initiative [1d6] = 1
Party Initiative [1d6] = 3

Screeching somewhat frantically Climant flails at the Kobold with his dagger again, this time stabbing it deep in the chest.
To hit: [1d20] = 16, damage with dagger: [1d4] = 2

Two Kobolds down, three remaining, you guys have initiative.
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Even Climent?!" boggles the fatter dwarf. It's a curse of humility, apparently. So he prays: I've learned my lesson, oh Makers, so let's not hold a grudge, alright?

And then he sees the biggest opening he's ever seen in his (admittedly short) career! And he goes for it full pin, axe a swinging! "A-ha!"


[sblock=OOC]OOC: attacking Kobolds: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21 1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6 Critical AND (almost) max damage? Woohoo!

OOC: You can use Coyote Code while IC is down, folks.

OOC: [MENTION=6699122]Piston Honda[/MENTION] hasn't been on the board for a month apparently. Should we NPC Gargrim or something, Imperialus?[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

OOC: you can use the built-in ENWorld dice while IC is down too. Just sayin'....


Klyman attacks again.

[roll0]
roll=damage]2d6[/roll]

OOC: Perhaps erroneously assumes that Klyman still has surprise. If not, then attack is 4 lower than shown.
 



An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top