Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
The Orc grunts back shaking his head. "You no likin you kin? Dis many axes. he holds up one hand 3 times again. "No freebies neitheir. But, you writing note, I take it, den one o' yous folk writing back to be saying 'please be helpin me from da fierce Orcs!'

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I think yee might be forgetting what happens to yee if'n we don't reach a deal, Rethar... Fact is, I'ma betting yee value yeer own hide more than I value the lives of people I ain't ever met, dwarves or no dwarves. Four times three, but that one dwarf IS coming out of there or there will be no deal, ever. Final offer."

Notes can be forged; dwarves can't... He leans back a little. "But tell yee what: I'll give yee THIS one axe right now, against that one dwarf, as a show of good will. And so yee have something ta show mighty Segur." And he hefts his own weapon, showing off the still-fine edge, even after all that abuse...

OOC: He's not joking about the final offer bit either, if Rethar can tell.

Imperialus

Explorer
The Orc beady eyes narrow as he considered your offer. You can almost see the gears turning in his head. Wait ere. Dey be below in da fortress. He then pads off into the darkness to the east, at least assuming you allow him to.

Binder Fred

"Wait a spot." Midgrim steps forth and, taking off his left gauntlet, slices into the edge of his palm with his axe: "Seal it in blood. If'n yee plan ta follow up on our deal, that is?"

He offers his bloody hand to shake.

Imperialus

Explorer
The Orc cocks his head at your hand for a moment as though trying to figure out why you would have done such a thing. He then jabs the palm of his hand on one of his tusks and extended it to complete the shake before leaving. Just over half an hour later you hear a ruckus from the east and a troop of over a half dozen Orcs can be seen making their way down the hall. At the head of the column is a rather bedraggled looking dwarf stripped to his loincloth, and covered in bruises, cuts and scratches with a crude bandage wrapped around his head covering one eye. He has a rope tied around his neck, which trails back to the hand of a very large Orc who is also holding a spear that is pressed against his captives back. The larger orc also has a metal brestplate that has been crudely resized to wrap around his massive torso, and a long curved scimitar at his belt. Two other orcs have crude bows, with arrows nocked but not drawn, while the other four are equipped with a variety of weapons and armour that appears to have been scavenged from around the dungeon.

You see Rethar among them, a massive purple bruise on the side of his face suggests that Sigur may not have entirely approved of his plan to trade his captives for a dozen axes. The large Orc thumps his chest causing the rope to tighten and the dwarf to grimace in pain as the spearpoint digs into his back.

"Mighty Sigur greets you. You have come to beg the lives of your kinsmen. Fearsome Sigur says that the lives of dwarves are worth more than your puny offer. Sigur demands twenty keen swords, and a suit of mail worthy of his stature!"

Binder Fred

"More negotiating, that's what I needed today," grumbles Midgrim with a sigh. Maybe it's his hip wound that's hurting, but this day isn't at all going the way he'd hoped.

210 gold pieces is the number now, apparently.

The fat dwarf stands from his spot against the wall and brushes snack crumbs off his beard as he steps forth, shield and axe back in hand. "Greetings and all that, mighty Segur. I, am Midgrim the Ill-tempered, also known as The Devourer," because, why not at this point? "The mages, scouts and warriors yee see around me are my Iron Defenders." Always remind them you've got magic on your side, make them think twice about who's got the biggest end of the beat-up stick...

"Now what's this about...? We already made a deal with that one," he points to Rethar, "and he was clearly robbing us blind for three dwarves that won't even be able ta fight for a while -- or ever, by the looks of this one." Midgrim looks on at the captive, channeling his increasing anger at the way the dwarf's been treated into seeming disdain. "I'm lowering my offer ta 10 axes for the lot."

OOC: :D

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Sigur laughs HA! You think this scum speaks for me? You have a point though. He has dishonored me to save his skin. he hands the rope to another Orc and turning to Rethar draws his sword and decapitates him in a single powerful swing before kicking the smaller orcs head towards your feet. There! Honor is satisfied! Offer stands. Twenty swords and a suit of mail. To know that Sigur is honorable I give you proof that this dwarf stays alive. He then turns grabs the dwarf's hand and hacks it off before throwing that at your feet too. The dwarf screams incoherently through the gag around his mouth and collapses to his knees. As long as the hand does not turn to stone, you know your kin is alive... You know how to eat a dwarf? It ain't easy. You gotta make sure they stay alive while you eating otherwise they turn to rock... he lets that grim pronouncement hang in the air for a moment before saying If ya want out. The door is that way. he points down the wide corridor to the south before turning and walking to the east.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases