log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Dwimmermount [IC]


log in or register to remove this ad


TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 3

"Your concern is admirable Shara, but there is no need to worry about Edgar and Warain, young as they are both have seen far worse than this." Magen says to Shara, touched by the concern she showed for others.

"I must confess a certain concern every time we leave camp, and frustration every time we have to return at night. I am also concerned for Toby travelling back on his own - especially without any gear. Perhaps it is best that they all return to Mountberg together. The supplies can stay here, cached, and we will have somewhat more freedom to travel further afield.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 4/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]
 

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Hey, welcome back! :) Sorry for suggesting voting on what to do with your retainers - I know you're mid-move, and wasn't sure we'd hear from you for another week or so.

Shara isn't sure whether she's more comforted or saddened that the boys have seen worse than this. She tries not to dwell on that.

"Your plan would probably be safest for everyone. Hopefully Toby can leave the cubs enough food that they'll stay in their cave."

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 33/33
AC: 17

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield of Faith, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Prayer of Healing

Channel Divinity: 1/1
Warding Flare: 3/3

Inspiration: 3

HD: 3/3 (d8)[/sblock]
 


GreenKarl

First Post
Toby has gathered some food for the clubs and mentioned that they should remain in the area for at least a few days. It should not take more then two days to return to Muntburg and then back to the cabins...

GM: So everyone goes back to town, you leave the retainers there and then the heroes and Toby return the next day?
 

SunGold

First Post
OOC: The retainers and Toby go back to town. (I'm not sure whether Magen intends for his retainers to stay there or return with Toby).

The PCs head into the woods. We meet Toby (and possibly the retainers) back here at the logging camp in 2 days.
 


TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Hey, welcome back! :) Sorry for suggesting voting on what to do with your retainers - I know you're mid-move, and wasn't sure we'd hear from you for another week or so.

Thanks, thought we had a place sorted and I dated give myself a little breathing room. but it feel through in the end. So I might disappear back into my hole again

I don't mind the group decision in the retainers, I'm finding, that from a meta game pov at least, they are something of a group asset/liability. The only other way I can see them working is purely social. Which would require us to have semi permanent residence and a slightly different bent to my character background.




Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Toby heads out with Megan's retainers that morning while the heroes push on into the woods and back towards the trail where the monoliths were. Late in the morning they make the first one and Hunter is confident that he can lead the group to the 'center', where the ancient magic had at one time been directed. The heroes start cutting deeper into the very heart of the forest now, the trees ancient and close, the underbrush twisted and thick. After a few hours the group notices that something feels 'wrong' about the forest...the trees and underbrush has become twisted and sickly. Branches, twigs and weeds all seem to reach out and grab at the heroes, slowing their progress. After about an hour of this most everyone is covered in sweat and breathing hard. And now, everything appear dead... the trees simply hollowed out and dead shells, the weeds yellow and unnaturally dry, the burs of berries dried out husks. No animals or birds can be hear, even the buzzing of the insects has again died. The air was still with the only sounds being the heroes own breathing...

GM: Everyone needs to make a Constitution save DC 10 or have suffered a level of Fatigue. You can spend an hour resting and recover from this (otherwise you will need a long rest to recover from it). Also Secret roll #1: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30, YIKES never mind, no one can make that Perception check ;) sooooo wait for the saves first...
 



SunGold

First Post
The dense tangle of dead greenery made the going difficult, but Shara was well-rested and in good spirits.



[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 33/33
AC: 17

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield of Faith, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Prayer of Healing

Channel Divinity: 1/1
Warding Flare: 3/3

Inspiration: 3

HD: 3/3 (d8)[/sblock]
 


GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Just rolling for Megan to keep things moving... Con save: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16


While the journey had been tiring, the heroes were able to overcome any lingering fatigue that they might have otherwise faced in their journey so far. After notices the strange stillness and waiting for a few moments where nothing happens, the heroes push forward. Then the ten minutes later they find themselves on the edge of a crater! The ground dropping off so suddenly that the lead hero pushing his way through almost fell in but was able to pull back at the last second.

The crater-like pit is at least a hundred yards across with sharp jagged rocks pierced here and there by strange mutant looking vegetation. At the bottom of the pit, some twenty yards down appeared to be the ruins of a large castle like town or small city. It was hard to make out to many detail of the ruins as they were partially obscured by thick ivy like vines and weeds, but they appeared to have a very alien and unwholesome appearance to them.

In fact the whole area had a strange alien feeling. Like whatever these ruins had no right to exist in the world...
 

SunGold

First Post
Shara looks around for signs of danger, but she's too unsettled by the alien landscape to notice much.


[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 33/33
AC: 17

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield of Faith, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Prayer of Healing

Channel Divinity: 1/1
Warding Flare: 3/3

Inspiration: 3

HD: 3/3 (d8)[/sblock]
 


GreenKarl

First Post
Shara notices nothing that would cause her sense of forbidding... Corwin sees nothing at first either when suddenly down in the pit he spots an horrible horned creature within the pit staring back up at him! It is there only a second, staring up at the party through a gap in some of the rubble. When the rogue notices it the creature darts back and disappears down a tunnel...

[sblock=What Corwin sees] ForstThing.jpg[/sblock]
 


SunGold

First Post
OOC: What sort of climb DC would we be looking at if we tied a rope to a tree?

Trying to decide whether to use my inspiration on this. 20 yards is a long way to fall.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top