log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Dwimmermount [IC]


log in or register to remove this ad

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Its a DC10 Strength (Athletics) check with a rope. If you help each other you have Advantage. Corwin can make an Intelligence (Arcana) check if he wants also
 

SunGold

First Post
"Where?" Shara says, startled. Corwin's description immediately caught her attention, because Toby said his friends had been killed by horned devils.

After a moment she gives up trying to spot it and ties a rope to a tree near the crater's edge. "This may be one of the creatures who sacrificed Toby's friends--they were horned, too. If it is, we can't leave it here to hurt others."

She holds the rope out to her companions, offering her help--and Pelor's--down the cliffside."Watch over us, Sun-Father," she says with a nervous glance up at the sun.

OOC: Shara will go last so everyone can take Guidance + advantage for help.

Athletics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+1D4-1 = [7, 13]+[3]-1 = 15

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 33/33
AC: 17

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield of Faith, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Prayer of Healing

Channel Divinity: 1/1
Warding Flare: 3/3

Inspiration: 3

HD: 3/3 (d8)[/sblock]
 



GreenKarl

First Post
The climb down into the pit is slow but everyone makes it without too much trouble, except that the rope will have to be left behind as there is no way to retrieve it from down at the crater floor. Down below the heroes can see that while many of the buildings suffered extensive damage at sometime in the past, they are mostly still standing and look moderately structurally sound... at least most of them down. Strange grey and purplish plant life has cover much of it through but various entrances can be seen through the growth.

There are also a number of strange looking statues of cloaked humanoids figures armed with thin swords throughout the area (both standing and fallen over and partially destroyed). As with the buildings most are covered in thick plant growth that obscure much of their features.

As Corwin was climbing down he was wracking his brain to remember if he had every heard of such a creature as he saw and the closes he came was a type of forest dark fey called a Reaver. They were unnatural trickers who also collected the blood of their victims in clay jars that they buried within the lairs, which were normally caves.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 3

"Weird." Magen remarks, looking around the area from the bottom of the wall. "Looks like you might get thet fight soon Lucious. Though I suggest we proceed with caution, if they have been watching us they may have set traps. Hunter, are you willing to scout ahead - not as far as last time - just far enough that we don't all walk into a trap."

EDIT: forgot this: Perception roll: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2 for all the good its doing

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 4/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]
 


eayres33

Explorer
Hunter shook his head, “That sounds like a delightful little creature, may have to try to catch it and make a pet of it.”

“Yeah sure thing Magen,” Hunter says as he puts the hand on the hilt of his rapier, “sounds like a plan, just stay close, once we get in, I want to check out some of these statues first.”

Hunter walks over and kneels over one of the fallen statues studying its features.


OOC:
History check: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

AC 15
HP 28/28
Spells none used
 

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious summons his halberd and gives a big toothy grin. "I hope there is more than one of these things."

OOC: This creature is the reason I stopped playing rogues back in 3.5e
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The heroes make there way into the keep, though once it was surrounded by a high stone wall, said wall had completely fallen. Peering into a few of the darkened entrances the heroes see only ruin and destruction on what had once been beautifully furnished dwellings of these long dead people. Murals of tall elf like beings going about their daily lives are depicted on many walls not chocked by vines and weeds. Everything has a forbidding feel too it, as if some linger curse echoes silently through the quiet streets and buildings.

Near the center of the ruins there once stood a great marble fountain with partially destroyed elf warrior like figures pointing their thin swords towards the heavens as if in defiance of something. Surround the fountain are nine crystal monoliths, most knocked over but from their placement could well be reflective of the stone monoliths you had encountered in the forest. Finally there is a partially ruined spiral staircase near the fountain. Cold yet foul air wafts up from somewhere deep below the earth...

GM: It depends on what the heroes would like to do. You could go search for where Corwin thought he saw the demon thing disappear. You can search some of the ruined residences within the city. Or you can descend down the stairs, single file. The stairs are partially ruined but so long as you move at 1/2 your Move you don't need any kind of roll to not fall or trip. Movement over 1/2 Move requires a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check DC12, if you take the Run action the DC increase to 15.
 



SunGold

First Post
Shara walks through the keep in awe, occasionally brushing aside vines to look at the murals. This place felt wrong, yes, but there was beauty here too. She absentmindedly touches a hand to one of the murals as she looks it over, wondering about the people who built such a place.

Corwin's voice pulls her back to the present, and she joins him and Lucious to peer down the stairs. "Together, then," she says with a nod. "I'll provide some light for whoever goes first."

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 33/33
AC: 17

Spell slots: 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2

Spells prepared: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield of Faith, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Prayer of Healing

Channel Divinity: 1/1
Warding Flare: 3/3

Inspiration: 3

HD: 3/3 (d8)[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter smiled, glad that he wasn’t the only one who found a sense of foreboding at the stair case. “I agree we should stay together, and a nice slow stroll down a scary staircase is just what we need to prepare ourselves for later.”

OOC:
I just noticed I had mage hand as a Bard spell and a Wizard spell I was going to change the Wizard cantrip to firebolt if there are no objections.

[sblock=Stats]
HP 28/28
AC 15
Spell Slots 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2
Bardic Inspiration 3, 1d6
Bard Spells
C: Vicious Mockery, Mage Hand, 1st Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Silent Image, Tasha’s Hideious Laughter
Wizard Spells,
C: Firebolt, mending, message, 1st Alarm (R), Detect Magic (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R), Shield, Magic Missle.)
Weasel Familiar AC 13 HP 1 SPD 30
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Lucious stretched out his senses and could fell the magic of the area - ancient and tainted, it permeated the whole town, seep out of the walls and welled up from the very ground. The crystals had the same type of magical auras as the stone monoliths from the forest - transmutation. There was a bit of a newer, linger auras also that the warlock thought felt like necromancy.

GM: for Hunter changing spells, no problem. I am going to assume that Magen leads the way as he like to do that. The rest of you need a marching order I am going to assume, hope that is cool because...



With the young knight Magen in the lead the way down the heroes descend into a large, cold underground chamber. Towards the middle of the chamber is a shattered stone monolith, this one must have been larger then any of the others you have seen before. Shattered tables and debris of unknown purpose litter the floor around the destroyed stone as if it exploded. A strange buzzing noise softly echoes through the room and with the light provided by Shara's spell the heroes spot five shadowy figures appear from around the corner of the room!!! They are wearing rotting cloaks so you cannot see their faces or make out much of their bodies. But they are also armed with weapons!! Four of them are wielding thin bladed longswords while the last has a draw longbow. They are silent for a moment and then rush forwards!!!

GM: [sblock=Map] Map.Cham.jpg[/sblock]
[roll0] and [roll1] for cloaked figures.

Initiative and Actions for the heroes. No one is surprised
 

eayres33

Explorer
“Oh, that thing had friends, how nice,” Hunter says dryly as he readies his crossbow and follows the others.

OOC:
If he gets to move Hunter will move to K13 and will fire at the shadowy figure in K7. If he is stuck in the bottle neck he will take the dodge action.
Hunter Initiative: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13

Crossbow to Hit: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

Crossbow damage crit: 2D8+3 = [7, 3]+3 = 13

[sblock=Stats]
HP 28/28
AC 15
Spell Slots 1st: 4/4, 2nd: 2/2
Bardic Inspiration 3, 1d6
Bard Spells
C: Vicious Mockery, Mage Hand, 1st Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Silent Image, Tasha’s Hideious Laughter
Wizard Spells,
C: Firebolt, mending, message, 1st Alarm (R), Detect Magic (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R), Shield, Magic Missle.)
Weasel Familiar AC 13 HP 1 SPD 30 [/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 3

Seeing the bow drawn against them Magen is slow to act, but his actions are carefully planned. He closes steadily with the nearest enemy, thumping his sword against his shield, it is only when he is a few steps from his target that he dashes forward, releasing a bestial shout that speaks to the most primitive parts of everyone's mind. Magen's shield crashes into his enemies face, trying to push him back, while his sword cuts low, leaving his enemy fearing the warlord in front of him.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Magen Initiative: 1D20 = [4] = 4

Shield Bash: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Athletics or Acrobatics check to resist
Attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Superiority dice damage: 1D8 = [6] = 6
Target must make a DC 13 WIS save or be frightened.

Given Magen's low initiative, I'm assuming that the enemies will be acting first and penning us in, so Magen will use the shield bash to push is opponent back if he can. If he can't, because of additional enemies behind, or if they let Magen out of the narrow stair case, he'll knock his opponent over instead.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Found a place to stay, so should hopefully be able to post more regularly again, just need furniture to arrive.


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 3/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]
 

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Initiative: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

If they beat our init (which it looks like they did), would you mind playing their turn so we can decide on our actions? I'm finding it nigh impossible to declare anything when I don't know if we'll be stuck, where they'll move, how many will approach, etc.
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top