D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

GreenKarl

First Post
The group waits for a split second as Lucian tries to shake off his bloodlust, although the bear clubs are under no such conflict and flee past the heroes down the trail they had just created!

Thateous

Explorer

Lucious
Lucious.png
"Next time then." Lucious spat, as he allowed the pull on his arm to break the gaze between himself and the owlbear.

[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=Spell]
0 Level: Greenflame Blade, Eldritch Blast
1st Level 1/2: Command, Hex, Armor Agathys
[/sblock][/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
With Megan's warning shout, at the last second the heroes decide that attacking this monstrous creature might not be the best idea they have had. While Lucian and Hunter were in the clearing near the dead bear fleeing back the way they had come the owlbear simply roars again but then falls down on to all fours and moves to stand between the heroes and the carcass.

It growls can be heard for someway before the forest goes silent again. Back at the trail that had made to get here near the stone monolith the group turns back to their camp. After ten or fifteen minutes Cantor heard something behind the group that turns out to be the bear clubs. They seem to be following the heroes?

SunGold

First Post
Shara stops and crouches down on one knee, breathing hard from the sprint. As she catches her breath, she holds out a hand and coos at the cubs, waiting to see if they'll come closer.

"We can't just leave them; they'll die without their mother..."

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

“Nature is nothing if not red in beak and claw,” Hunter said as he looked back at the cubs a sad expression on his face.

“While I would like to help them, I don’t really know how.” Hunter looked over to Shara, “Do you have any ideas on what we could do for them? I doubt the town would enjoy us bringing them back.”

Thateous

Explorer

Lucious
Lucious.png

"Your mother fought well," he said to the bears as if they understood his words. He stared off into the distance as he spoke, detached from his current reality. "Do not feel responsible for the death of your mother, do not become so consumed with revenge that you loose yourself to it. Do not become me." He placed his large hands under the jaws of the two bears and rustled them around roughly, playfully, lovingly. He stood up and looked to his companions.

[sblock=OOC] I'll fix the image thing later when I'm not at work. BEAR with it for now :X
On another note, I love Lucious so much, and these bears make me want to become a Beast Master Ranger.
[sblock=Spell]
0 Level: Greenflame Blade, Eldritch Blast
1st Level 1/2: Command, Hex, Armor Agathys
[/sblock][/sblock]

SunGold

First Post
Shara looks surprised by Lucious's words. She opens her mouth to say something, but just closes it again after a moment, realizing that nothing she could say would suffice. He seems elsewhere anyway, so she leaves him to play with the cubs and stands to face Hunter.

"Toby is a ranger. Perhaps he might like to look after them? And if not, his home isn't too far from here, so he should know these forests well enough. Maybe he knows a of a druid we could take them to? You have druids in the Midlands too, yes?"

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

A look of surprise came over Hunter’s face when he realized he had forgot about Toby, “You are right, those might be answers to that problem.”

Hunter flashed a smile, “With that said, we should probably try to put as much distance as possible between us and that mammoth Owlbear.”

SunGold

First Post
Shara nods, looking relieved. She turns back to the cubs, pulls a small satchel of rations out of her pack, and feeds each of them a bit of dried meat. "Come on, little ones," she says as she stands and puts the rest of the rations away. "Time to go."

GreenKarl

First Post
The bear cubs, while scared also appear to be hungry and follow the heroes as they make their way back to their camp late in the day. Megan's retainers are about as is Toby who looks much better then he did this morning (he still appears a little green around the edges).

When presented with the cub problem Toby says "Well I do have some knowledge of nature and animals I could figure out something for them. If nothing else, yes there are druids in the Northern Forest of Ur. Its about a week to the north of Adamas in the foothills of the Whitetop Mountains. I could make the trip in a day or so when I recover fully. Until then keep them outside so they don't become too dependent on people but we can still feed them."

"Or if you wanted to try and tame them it might be possible. I am not sure about wild animals but I have hear many a tale of such deeds."

Last edited:

Remove ads