D&D 5E Eberron Is Here Today!

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks...

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed!

Eberron-title.png

So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns!

And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters!

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Well, both are very "kitchen sink" settings with a tinge of flavor tweaks.

I remember sending in my submissions for the setting search, and an explicit part was "all of D&D - and more". You needed to be able to include everything that D&D already had. All the races, all the monsters from aberrations through zombies.

So by definition it was a kitchen sink because that's what Wizards wanted.

But it also has so much that was highly flavored to itself, to make them unique, rather than the generics used in FR. Tasty generics, but generic.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Id only be interested in the core books at this point. Can you print out spell descriptions with players character sheets when you pay for the phb on ddb?

When you export a character sheet to pdf, it does not have the spell descriptions. However, you can alway cut and paste the spell descriptions to a text editor of your choice and then print those up.

If you play online (like I do), the online character sheet is really great, and clicking on a spell's name brings up that spell's details. It's pretty groovy.

ChaosOS

Legend
I remember sending in my submissions for the setting search, and an explicit part was "all of D&D - and more". You needed to be able to include everything that D&D already had. All the races, all the monsters from aberrations through zombies.

So by definition it was a kitchen sink because that's what Wizards wanted.

But it also has so much that was highly flavored to itself, to make them unique, rather than the generics used in FR. Tasty generics, but generic.

Given the way 3.5 was marketed, with an unending march of splatbooks, it's hard not to see why - if gnomes and orcs were killed in a massive genocide by cruel sorcerer kings it's hard to sell you on a book with a new gnome-specific prestige class.

Zardnaar

Legend
Interesting enough at our local store, most of the copies are being snatched up by customers who would have been 5 when the 3.5 version came out and maybe 10 or 11 when the 4e book came out.

Makes me wonder what's motivating them? Gronoard hype? The second setting to come out for 5e? The MMORPG?

New and shiny, first official new class. New player options.

Local store here the adventures are on the shelf, but SCAG, PGB, Xanathars and Mordenkainens and Volos sell fast.

Remove ads

Remove ads