D&D 5E Eberron versus Multiverse

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The Norse goð are not ‘gods’.

The Norse meaning of the word goð literally means ‘invoked one’. In other words, a helpful nature spirit.

The Greek θεοι are ‘gods’ in the sense of being formally worshiped by priests.

But again, being open to a multiplicity of cultural philosophical interpretations is key.
No. Odin is a god. You don’t get to reinvent this stuff because it better fits what you want the world to look like.

doctorbadwolf

Yes. My deities and demigod book in every edition as well as my marvel comics say he is god. As well as several people that worship thor in the real world today.
As one of those, yep.

It would make more sense to include locality spirits like Celtic brownies or German kobolds in the category of “god” than to exclude anything that isn’t omnipresent.

Yaarel

He Mage
Never tell this dude about Hinduism, or maybe even Buddhism.

(I have a close friend who Hindu from Kerala and a close friend who is Buddhist from Sri Lanka, and I am fond of both of these reallife religious worldviews. I know many people from the Subcontinent.)

The need is a methodology that is functionally robust that can respect diverse kinds of religious worldviews, all at the same time, from the diverse cultures of a setting, from multiple interpretive perspectives.

The solution is Eberron.

doctorbadwolf

(I have a close friend who Hindu from Kerala and a close friend who is Buddhist from Sri Lanka, and I am fond of both of these reallife religious worldviews. I know many people from the Subcontinent.)

The need is a methodology that is functionally robust that can respect diverse kinds of religious worldviews, all at the same time, from the diverse cultures of a setting, from multiple interpretive perspectives.

The solution is Eberron.
The solution is not getting upset that a game uses a specific cosmology.

Remove ads