• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Eberron versus Multiverse

MarkB

Legend
Ugghh.

According to the official Eberron setting, the three primordial dragons − Eberron, Siberys, and Khyber − factually exist.

These three cosmic "wyrms" created a separate material plane deep inside the Ethereal Plane, where the planet Eberron now resides. Everything is created by fiat. There is no evolution. Officially.

According to the 5e Eberron setting, the elves of Eberron (!) officially originate from the polytheistic god Corellon from the Forgotten Realms. The polytheistic god Corellon factually exists in the Eberron setting.

The Eberron Drow officially originate from Forgotten Realms Lolth. And so on for Orcs etcetera. All of these races are from the polytheistic gods of the Forgotten Realms setting, officially, according to the Eberron setting.

The three dragons "recreated" duplicate versions of these races that the Forgotten Realms gods originated, so as to populate Eberron. There is no evolution. Eberron elves are artificial clones of Forgotten Realms elves, literally.

The polytheistic gods of Forgotten Realms factually exist in the Eberron setting. The races in Eberron derive from these factually-existing polytheistic gods.

Officially.

5e destroyed the Eberron setting.

Eberron Rising, Page 232.
"
EBERRON AND THE MULTIVERSE

It is theoretically possible to travel between Eberron and other worlds in the multiverse by means of the Deep Ethereal or various spells designed for planar travel, but the cosmology of Eberron is specifcally designed to prevent such travel, to keep the world hidden away from the meddling of gods, celestials, and fiends from beyond.

The three progenitor wyrms worked together to form Eberron and its planes as a new cosmic system in the depths of the Ethereal Plane. They recreated the elves, orcs, dragons, and other races found throughout the multiverse and placed them in their new world, but allowed them to develop beyond the reach of Gruumsh, Corellon, Lolth, and other influences for good and ill.

"
The designers want all their settings to be part of the same multiverse. That's the baseline they're working from, regardless of setting - it's something they decided before they ever started working on 5e Eberron..

However, having started from that base position, they've bent over backwards to write Eberron's cosmology up in such a way as to have all of the rest of that multiverse have absolutely no effect on anything that happens within the setting itself.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Because the 5e designers are fixated on the polytheism of the Forgotten Realms and infect every aspect of D&D with it.

Even Eberron.

Even Eberron could not survive the Forgotten Realms fixation of the 5e designers.
Whatever, dude. Still doesn't change that the gods quoted are from Greyhawk: The Overcampaign. As is only right.

zoltan.jpeg

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Because the 5e designers are fixated on the polytheism of the Forgotten Realms and infect every aspect of D&D with it.

Even Eberron.

Even Eberron could not survive the Forgotten Realms fixation of the 5e designers.

Lore from other settings (especially this sort) being dumped into eberron is something I and the eberron community itself is extremely touchy about, but you seem to be the only person bringing these things up or even noticed them, so I'm going to again ask for some sourcing to support these extremely odd claims you've been making. Please quote or cite specific sections & page numbers because the book did not in any way seem to support your claims when I read it a week ago

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
The word "recreated" does not mean "originated from."

To claim that Rising's claim is that elves of Eberron are from Corellon ignores all of the language being used. It is disingenuous and harmful to the discourse.

The word "recreated" means the elves were already created. The dragons are creating them again.

The elves originated in Forgotten Realms.

Later, these preexisting Forgotten Realms elves were artificially copied in order to populate Eberron.

Officially, according to the 5e Eberron setting: elves originate from the Forgotten Realms setting, specifically from the factually existing polytheistic god Corellon.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The word "recreated" means the elves were already created. The dragons are creating them again.

Later, these preexisting Forgotten Realms elves were artificially copied in order to populate Eberron.

Officially, according to the 5e Eberron setting: elves originate from the Forgotten Realms setting, specifically from the factually existing polytheistic god Corellon.
Your own words say that the dragons created them. You'll need to decide if your own words have meaning or not.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

No. This is false. The elves don’t originate in FR. You’re literally just making that up.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
I’m not familiar with Eberron, but I can see how something like this can be problematic. If the idea of the setting is that it’s a place where it’s unknown whether there are gods that exist or not, then having them actually exist kind of ruins the setting because it makes anyone who thinks they don’t exist wrong because they are ignorant of reality.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
My own words say that the dragons "RE-created" the Corellon-spawn elves, artificially duplicating them.

Elves ORIGINATE from the Forgotten Realms.

Officially.

5e destroyed Eberron.

Even IF you were right, it's all about an aspect of the lore/fluff.
If you like the original lore of the setting, go for it!

I had a similar problem with my beloved Dark Sun. The designers created an incredible setting, only to utterly ruin it with the very first, official novels by Troy Denning.
I just ignored the part of the lore that I could not stand.

For example, you could solve the problem by considering FR and Eberron - with respective cosmologies - as two alternate dimensions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads