• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Eberron versus Multiverse

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
My own words say that the dragons "RE-created" the Corellon-spawn elves, artificially duplicating them.

Elves ORIGINATE from the Forgotten Realms.

Except they don't. FR Lore on elves outright says they're from where else, MToF (or was it Volo's?) goes to great lengths explaining this. Elves on Toril are interlopers.

Also, gods being real doesn't preclude the worshipped being in Eberron being not real. Or stories about super powerful dragons from the Age of Demons, which is a valid interpretation of their lore.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Except they don't. FR Lore on elves outright says they're from where else, MToF (or was it Volo's?) goes to great lengths explaining this. Elves on Toril are interlopers.

On page 232, Eberron Rising says as fact: "The three progenitor wyrms recreated the elves found throughout the multiverse and placed them in their new world, beyond the reach of Corellon."

The polytheistic gods of the Forgotten Realms officially exist in Eberron. The god Corellon officially exists in Eberron. The Corellon-spawn elves officially exist in Eberron. The elves on the planet of Eberron are recreated duplicates of the Corellon-spawn elves. Officially.

Coroc

Hero
Both Eberron and Forgotten Realms are kitchen sink settings. So, it takes effort to keep the two distinct from each other.

I strongly like the diverse kinds of spirituality in Eberron, and strongly dislike the objectively-factual polytheism in Forgotten Realms.

So, it is important that the Forgotten Realms setting lacks existence in the Eberron setting.

I am combing thru the new official book, Eberron: Rising from the Last War. I want to find all the references to the Forgotten Realms specifically or to the any connections to the Multiverse generally.

The goal is to clarify precisely what the official view is, with regard to whether or not Eberron connects to the same Multiverse that Forgotten Realms is part of.

Ahm. Did you involve yourself in Eberron cosmology? I did never dm Eberron or play it pen and paper but i am a long time ddo online player and ddo is Eberron at its finest. It got a cross over route to FR in the game via the Demonweb, and to Greyhawk via portals, and a possibility to get to ravenloft via the mists, adding some classic DnD modules for all those settings.

What it does not do, and thats what counts is to refer to the Demonweb as 66th layer of the abyss.

And that is that. They intermingelled even some FR deities e.g. you can play a cleric of Amaunator.

But every reference to the planes uses the Eberron specific lore e.g. Fernia and Risia for Fire and Ice, Shavarath for everything devil and demon related etc etc.

No Abyss, no Nine Hells etc. And that is hat makes Eberron distinct. Everything got a twist there, even the normal great wheel assortation of planes or deities.

And on the term kitchen sink, FR has become one starting with 3e, it wasn't one in 2e.

Eberron is pulp, it is no vanilla fantasy setting so it is only a kitchen sink by its definition that everything D&D should have a place there - but with a twist.

From your posts i know you are not fond of polytheistic pantheons somehow, and i can understand you like Eberrons take on deities better and fear it might be diluted. But instead you should consider using Eberrons principles for other official campaigns in your homebrew to make it more to your liking.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Ahm. Did you involve yourself in Eberron cosmology? I did never dm Eberron or play it pen and paper but i am a long time ddo online player and ddo is Eberron at its finest. It got a cross over route to FR in the game via the Demonweb, and to Greyhawk via portals, and a possibility to get to ravenloft via the mists, adding some classic DnD modules for all those settings.

What it does not do, and thats what counts is to refer to the Demonweb as 66th layer of the abyss.

And that is that. They intermingelled even some FR deities e.g. you can play a cleric of Amaunator.

But every reference to the planes uses the Eberron specific lore e.g. Fernia and Risia for Fire and Ice, Shavarath for everything devil and demon related etc etc.

No Abyss, no Nine Hells etc. And that is hat makes Eberron distinct. Everything got a twist there, even the normal great wheel assortation of planes or deities.

And on the term kitchen sink, FR has become one starting with 3e, it wasn't one in 2e.

Eberron is pulp, it is no vanilla fantasy setting so it is only a kitchen sink by its definition that everything D&D should have a place there - but with a twist.

From your posts i know you are not fond of polytheistic pantheons somehow, and i can understand you like Eberrons take on deities better and fear it might be diluted. But instead you should consider using Eberrons principles for other official campaigns in your homebrew to make it more to your liking.

There is no twist. Eberron elves originate from factually existing god Corellon from the Forgotten Realms setting.

Officially.

dave2008

Legend
My own words say that the dragons "RE-created" the Corellon-spawn elves, artificially duplicating them.

Elves ORIGINATE from the Forgotten Realms.

Officially.

5e destroyed Eberron.
But the Eberron's elves are not the FR (or really Greyhawk which you keep ignoring) elves. The wyrms specifically re-create them so that they have no connection to the multiverse. Otherwise the easiest thing to do is just bring some pre-existing elves into Eberron. You fundamentally miss-understand the intent of the words in several places. It is either bias or perhaps your a non-native english speaker?

Remove ads