• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] What Lurks Below - (Full)

taitzu52

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Jeth'bar Warden
[B]Class:[/B] Ranger
[B]Race:[/B]Human
[B]Size:[/B] Meduim
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Deity:[/B] Sovreign Host

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 17 (2d8+4)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0
[B]Cha:[/B] 08 -1 (00p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -2         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +1    +3    +0    +0    +0    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +2          +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +3          +6
[B]Will:[/B]                      0    +1          +1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Longbow                   +5     1d8+2      20x3
Longsword                 +4     1d8+2      19-20x2
Throwing Axe              +5     1d6+2      20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] Favored Enemy:
           Wild Empathy

[B]Feats:[/B] Track
       Rapid Shot
       Point Blank Shot
       Power Attack

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 35       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 5/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Climb                      5    +2          +7
Craft (bowyer)             1    +0          +1
Handle Animal              1    -1          +0
Hide                       1    +3          +4
Jump                       3    +2          +5
Knowledge (dungeoneering)  1    +0          +1
Knowledge (geography)      1    +0          +1
Knowledge (nature)         1    +0          +3*
Listen                     5    +1          +6
Move Silently              1    +3          +4
Search                     5    +0          +5
Spot                       5    +1          +6
Survival                   5    +1          +6

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
MW Longbow,
     Composite, +2 STR  600gp    3lb
Studded Leather         100gp   20lb
Buckler                  15gp    5lb
Arrows (20)               1gp    3lb
Longsword                15gp    4lb
Throwing Axe              8gp    2lb
Dagger                    2gp    1lb
Bowyers's Tools           5gp    5lb
Rope, 50' Silk           10gp    5lb
Backpack                  2gp    1lb
Hammer & 5 Pitons         1gp    5lb
Antitoxin                50gp    -lb
Oil of Magic Weapon      50gp    -lb
Potion of Cure Light     50gp    -lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]54lb      [B]Money:[/B]  56gp 9sp 10cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                58   116   175   175   875

[B]Age:[/B] 23
[B]Height:[/B] 5'9"
[B]Weight:[/B] 154lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Tanned
Appearance: Jeth'bar Warden is a sullen young man. Dark of hair and green eyes, he carries a longbow of noticeable quality, betraying his otherwise rugged, and unkempt appearance. His well worn leathers show that he has spent much time exposed to the elements. His face is lined to early for his age, and his hands are calloused and rough. Guessing his age would be a hard task even for the most seasoned of carneys

Background: Born in Glenhaven in the heart of the Eldeen Reaches, Jeth'bar comes form a long line of Wardens of the Wood. His grandfather, a notable druid of the sect, instilled in him at a young age, a strong passion to protect the wood, and a strong prejudice against the nationalistic forces that would put the land in peril. This is how Jeth'bar came to fear Aundair.
Jeth'bar, being a quiet and introspective sort, had only few friends. The War, internal fighting between Eldeen sects, as well as the conflict with Aundair, cost him most of those. Indeed, his own brother was betrayed be Aundair spies and executed during a border skirmish.
He has come to terms with his past, even having his life saved once, by Aundair nationals. He has now taken to selling his services across the border, as his family has encouraged him to see the world for a bit,before returning to Greenheart for his trials.....

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The deity will obviously change and I need to buy items, but this is basically it. Could I use a Whip Dagger? I'm not sure if it appears in any Complete books, but I know it's in Sword & Fist and Arms & Equipment Guide.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Dormon "Solo" Boddywell
[B]Class:[/B] Bard2
[B]Race:[/B] Gnome
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B] Sovereign Host (Olladra)

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (06p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 12  (2d6+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (02p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +12
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +1    +2    +1    +0    +0    19
[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +2          +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +0          +3

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Whip                      +4     1d2+1         20/x2
Rapier                    +3     1d4+1      18-20/x2
Shortbow                  +4     1d4+1         20/x3
Arrows (20)                 -----/-----/-----/-----

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnome, Dwarven, Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B]
[smallcaps]Class:[/smallcaps]
Bardic Music
Bardic Knowledge
Countersong
[i]fascinate[/i]
Inspire Courage +1
Spells:
0 - 4/day, 5 Known
- Detect Magic
- Ghost Sound
- Lullaby
- Mending
- Silent Image
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter

[smallcaps]Racial:[/smallcaps]
[sblock][size=1]Small: As a Small creature, a gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.

Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.

Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.

+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.

+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.

+2 racial bonus on Listen checks.

+2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.

Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.[/size][/sblock]

[B]Feats:[/B] Skill Focus (Perform[Sing])

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 40       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 5/2.5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                   3    +2          +5
Balance                    2    +2    -1    +3
Craft(Alchemy)             2    +2          +4
Decipher Script            2    +2          +4
Diplomacy                  3    +2          +5
Escape Artist              5    +2    -1    +6
Gather Information         2    +2          +4
Hide                       2    +2    +3    +7
Knowledge(Arcana)          5    +2          +7
Knowledge(Geography)       3    +2          +5
Knowledge(Nobility)        3    +2          +5
Perform(Sing)              5    +2    +3    +10
Tumble                     3    +2    -1    +4

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Mstwk Chain Shirt       250gp   10lb
Mstwk Buckler           165gp  2.5lb
Mstwk Whip              301gp    1lb
Rapier                   20gp    1lb
MC +1 Shortbow          150gp    1lb
Arrows (20)               1gp  1.5lb
Signet ring               5gp   --lb
Backpack                  2gp   .5lb
-Bedroll                  1sp 1.25lb
-Chalk (10)               1sp   --lb
-Rations (5)             25sp 1.25lb
-Waterskin                1gp    1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]31lb      [B]Money:[/B] 2gp 5sp 20cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                32    64    94    94   485

[B]Age:[/B] 52
[B]Height:[/B] 3'5"
[B]Weight:[/B] 45lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Light
Appearance: Dormon at first appears to be an old child, but that doesn't make sense. "Gnome" quickly snaps to mind immediately afterward. He has a small beard (even for a Gnome) that's always kept neat. Dormon likes to sport a very puffy shirt, partially hidden by a vest. High socks add to his eccentricity, and his belt always has a collection of odds-and-ends, but he always has the essentials around. On his left hand is a silver and gold ring, given to him my his father, passed down from Boddywell to Boddywell.

Personality: Dormon always likes to start up a conversation, but will never miss an opportunity to regale his audience with a story, whether the story be true or fabricated. He wants to live life to its fullest and have an exciting time doing it. Then, he can tell other people about having an exciting time. He doesn't like close combat, preferring to keep his distance with his whip if anything goes wrong. He has full faith in his ability to charm his way out of a situation, though. When he's not doing anything else, he's probably playing with his ring, though.

Background: During the War, Dormon worked in taverns, lifting the spirits of tired soldiers. He sometimes performed for the more powerful military personnel, but the tavern shows were always more lively. He could never dance, but he tried to nonetheless, much to the amusement of the soldiers, but no one questioned his voice. He trained with a smaller troupe and gained distinction with his solos, which is how he picked up his nickname.

In the taverns, though, he was a source of escapism for the soldiers. Dormon knew he could never last very long in the thick of a battle, but he assisted in the best way he knew how -- lifting morale. His stories were often comical tunes of the women waiting back home, cooking for the husbands that weren't there. In such a dangerous environment, though, he was forced to learn a little bit of martial ability. He soon got into the habit of being armed.

After the War, Dormon took care of his father in Passage. Working in a repair facility for the lightening rails, his father taught Dormon, thorugh out his life, some of the tricks of being a Gnome. Dormon's father was a traditionalist and made sure Dormon knew at least a little bit of Alchemy and about various oddities. Of course, magical ability ran in the family, but Dormon's father could never get a grasp of Dormon's variety of it. When his father died, Dormon had to find his own way in the world -- he didn't want to stay cooped up in a tavern anymore, telling the same old stories. He wanted to use his talents to find something more...

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Wow, this is all looking good. The halfling is a beast, he gives me nightmares! ;)

As I got to looking at the title of the thread, I was considering if an affiliation with the Gatekeepers may be in order. Usually I shy away from unsolicited plot twists when we're just getting off of the ground, but I just wanted to check in on this. Thoughts, ideas?

TZ

Jdvn1

Also, The Baron, you might want to change the title of the thread so it says (Full) or something instead of (Recruiting).

Jdvn1

The Baron said:
By the way, Max HP at first level. After that, 1/2 HD + 1 (i.e. d4 = 3, d6 = 4, d8 = 5 and so on)
You mean, like:
d4: 4, 3, 2, 3, 2
d6: 6, 4, 3, 4, 3
d8: 8, 5, 4, 5, 4
d10: 10, 6, 5, 6, 5
d12: 12, 7, 6, 7, 6
Right?

The Baron

First Post
Well, looks like we've got our six!

PlotMonster: Gedward, Human Cleric 2
P0L: Kort, Halfling Barbarian 1/Fighter 1
Wyrmslayer: Kennith, Human Conjurer 2
Krug: Tykri, Shifter Rogue 2
taitzu52: Jeth'Bar, Human Ranger 2
Jdvn1: Dormon, Gnome Bard 1/Fighter 1

Please post your characters at the Rogue's Gallery here!

I'm gonna keep the recruiting up for now, because I'm still looking for alternates. I don't need character sheets, but the first two people who call the spots can have 'em.

Jdvn1: Nope, d4=3, d6=4, etcetera all the way through. Sure it gives you a few extra hit points, but you'll need 'em. :] Also I'd prefer not to use the Whip Dagger if that's OK. It just keeps things a little easier for me. Also, you don't have a background yet, but I want to get things going and I'm sure you'll write it in shortly. Where did you learn your skills? Did you train in Aundair? Work for the nobility perhaps?

taitzu52: As for a connection to the gatekeepers or other sects, some of you might have a connection, but the entire group shouldn't. Also, some of you may have worked together before or may have been hired as a pair, but in general, most of you don't know each other.

I should get the first IC post up this evening. I'm really excited to get this started.

Jdvn1

Yep, I'm working on that stuff. I have to do a little reading, too, to get an idea of Aundair and such. I'm also considering swapping Ftr for Brd to see how a medium-high level Bard plays out. Brd 2 is decent spells, so. I should have it all done by tonight, though.

And I'm fine with not using the Whip Dagger. It's not like it's character-defining or anything. Figured it was worth to ask, though.

PlotMonster

First Post
litches and neat columns

The Baron: You are very funny... son of a litch. How about you put a lich template on an annis? Wait three levels, I think 6 5th level characters could take on a CR 8. Undead hags are cool. Undead anything are cool, especially once I get searing light.

Those who like neat columns: Try typing in an ASCII program first, like notepad, and then copying and pasting. If you use code, then count the spaces for the bold or italics code accordingly. For example, in my character sheet, I had to adjust the spacing under my AC section because the end bold created three more spaces than the top part. I hope that makes sense. Just go with ASCII.

dru.

Remove ads