D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Outside the dwarven cleric sees a group of four ruff looking gypsy men, trying to look like they weren't listen at the tent flap.

The sun is still a couple hours from setting and the group has no ideal were to go or what to do. The hidden meaning of the cards means nothing to them, so where to start?

Inside the tent...

Madam Eva nods at the offer of the tiefling to accompany the group. "You would do well to have someone from Barovia to help guide you on your way."

[sblock=Cards]
If someone wants to say they tell Wagner of the groups first encounter with MAdam Eva then he can make an INT(History) check for some insight into clues for you.[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah takes out a cigar, lights it and takes a puff.

"I say we continue on. There's nothing for us if we turn back. Lets move on to the next town and see what we find."

He turns to Wagner, "We've come across this witch before. She's the one who brought us here." He proceeds to tell Wagner of their first encounter with the gypsy lady.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo offers a stern look to the rough-looking gypsy men. "Hear anything useful," she asks sarcastically.

OOC: Back in action I think. Let's go kill some vampires! :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Haha ok first see if we can get a INT(History) check from Wagner, then I'll advance the thread. (This WED latest)

OOC: I'm sure no one would mind if you made the roll now instead of waiting for a couple of days. I know that's what I always did when I ran games here. You have access to the sheets, so you know the bonuses. That being said - it's your game, run it as you see fit. I'm just offering an opinion. :)

But if you're ever waiting on ME, feel free to make skill rolls for me instead of waiting...

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Is o.k. I need to figure out what the minimum and max info would be. Why I needed a couple days.

As the group gathers alone outside Madam Eva's tent, the tiefling performer listens to their story of their first meeting with the strange gypsy. As they mention each of the cards and the odd clues given by the crypt fortune tailor he tells them all he knows...

[sblock=Stone Dragon]
This could be a reference to the destroyed mansion of Lord Argynvost. A mansion said to be off the Old Salvich road high in the mountains. Sitting before the entrance way is a life sized statue of a silver dragon. The only stone dragon in all of Barovia.[/sblock]

[sblock=Room of Bone]
No clue on this one.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wounded Elf]
They only elves living in Barovia, are dusk elves. Deep brown skinned elves that have settled outside the town of Vallaki. One of the Demon Strahd's brides was a dusk elf. She was aided by her brother and escaped Castle Ravenloft almost four hundred years ago.

The vampire's retribution for stealing away and hiding one of his brides was swift and deadly. But to torment the dusk elves he killed only the women and children leaving only a few of the males left with no hope of a future. And like all long-lived elves they have suffered for a very long time.[/sblock]

[sblock=The Werewolf]
There are stories of werewolves throughout the lands of Barovia. Men have been hunted down and hanged for their affiliation with the creatures of the night. The stories range from lone werewolves to packs, but as to where to find one (and one that is an enemy of Strahd), will be an almost impossible quest. It could be almost anywhere, and hiding in plan sight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Darklord]
The "one place to which he must return", means a place the group could ambush the Demon Strahd should they find out what/where the place is. Or keep him from going there may destroy him, if he needs to return, what happens if he doesn't?"[/sblock]

OOC: Easy place to start is Vallaki, and finding this wounded elf.

Remove ads