D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg


Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
5 PM
Round 0

Emmyr grabbed two mugs of ale before plopping down at the table reserved for them. He glanced around the crowd as he drank. He wasn’t much of one for mingling. That seemed to be the Captain and the Lady’s job. Emmyr was far better at splitting skulls. But he wasn’t exactly unfriendly. He looked up as the wizard stopped by to talk with the captain and the bookworm elf.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
29 gp
41 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Rana)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

hero4hire

First Post
Templeton chuckled and elbowed Hexiros when he heard the question *How long have you been members of the Captain's Crew?*
"Who then, us? Ohhh we been servin' The Captain a long time now. Feels like ferever an' a day it does!" Templeton stifles more laughter and attempts to grab some food off of the table.
 


Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Gwylla attempts to awkwardly engage in a conversation about arcane matters with Spugnoir. She not-so-deftly tries to inquire whether Spugnoir lacks any spell knowledge that Gwylla has, and if maybe he'd be amenable to exchanging spells if he has any she lacks.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword takes to the party with gusto. He dances with women (and girls). taking care not to dance too often with any one, but dancing with all. He even calls upon Beka, Gwylla, Aridha and Rana (not necessarily in that order). He wagers with the man, takes any and all challenges to drinking (and includes Emmyr, Hexiros and Templeton in those). He sings with the band if there comes a song he recognizes, as often as not singing the song differently as it changed from the coast inland and teaching the crowd (or at least local bard) new versions. Getting Beka to join is just plain bonus especially in romantic songs where they can join in intimate duet.
(this has nothing with fun he has with Aridha frowning at them) :D

In pauses, as he catches his breath (and breathes some clean air to clear his head) he manages to talk to various people with more or less success, making a pitch to support the efforts of the party to the benefit of the town (bandits, problems etc).

OOC: As needed, feel free to roll: Performance +3 (dance, song); Insight +1 (who not to anger or flirt with); Deception (flitring, flattering)/Persuasion +5 (we're the best, you're the best, we need your support); CON save +2 (drinking contests); Athletics+2/Acrobatics +3/Sleight of Hand +3 (various other contests)
 

hero4hire

First Post
After a drink or two, Templeton made his way outside and gave a quick survey of the town proper.
The general din of festivities at his back it seemed most of Hommlet was in the Welcome Wench. A perfect time to look around. Making sure he was unobserved the ratcatcher slipped into the shadows and began to prowl around.

OOC: Mostly looking for anything unusual. Advantage on Investigation and Perception to detect secret doors.
I am going to let the GM roll the relevant skills for hiding and poking around.


Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The young druid gets to her feet and tucks the mirror back under her shirt, hanging on its chain around her neck.

"We should be gettin' back."
“It’s behind you because it’s getting *closer*, “ contradicted the old witch, just as stubborn. “That’s the way of spirits, girl: they are of the earth and the reeds and the moon,” with impatient gestures at the room around them. “Being a part of things is what they do!”

Tap, tap, tap; a - somehow gentle - finger against Aridha’s breast bone, calling attention, voicing her worry... “*Making* a tender little morcel like you a part of *them* is what some of the unseeliest one’s would love best of all, child.”
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg


Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
8 PM
Round 0

Emmyr stuck close to Lady Rebekah during the party. Probably a little too close, impinging on her fun a bit. He was still her bodyguard, and wanted to be available to her should she need him. Though he did get corralled into a few drinking games by Zanword, and even an arm wrestling match versus the village blacksmith.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
29 gp
41 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Rana)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
The warm high summer sun begins to start its descent as the Inn of the Welcome Wench fills with laughter and merriment. Goodwife Gundigoot and her helpers have outdone themselves preparing dishes for any and all tastes. Besides the "salted pork" turning on a spit in the largest fireplace of the common room, there is also venison, mutton, poached salmon, and trout stuffed with the goodwive's own special spice recipe. Not to be outdone folk from all over town have brought in food of their own. Steaming sausages, steak and kidney pie with mushrooms or truffles and boiled crayfish in drawn butter add to the delightful aromas filling the inn. The local brewmiester is greeted with cheers and a hardy, thankful handshake from Ostler Gundigoot (whose supplies were starting to run low after the impromptu party earlier in the day), he has his pot boys roll the kegs behind the bar and tells them to tap them all, and to fill every glass. "HUZZAH!" shouts the crowd.

The young troupe of actors and musicians know as "The Four from Dalon" play while everyone eats and drinks. Soon the music turns festive and everyone starts to dance. The canter, swing, jig, and laugh (there is lots of laughter throughout the night), as Captain Blackpearl dances with every girl and goodwife in the room, Rebekah talking to one of the Dalon Four, finds out that the small play they were working on for the Captain really needs a fifth to pull it off, and she readily volunteers (for the lead of course).

Stuffed full of food and drink. Winded and a bit foot-sore, the crowd is grateful for a break and to just sit and watch the "The Deeds of Captain Blackpearl", by (the new) "Five from Dalon". With Bekah playing the role of Zanword the crowd is awed by the tales of bravo and daring as the heroic captain fights off pirates and slavers, frees a damsel from a sea monster, and then is finally ambushed and left for dead, floating in the sea. During this scene Bekah lies on the stage and the other four actors take two long blue pieces of cloth and "ripple" and "wave" them at both ends near the floor to simulate the captain floating upriver. Zanword remembers that faithful day as if it were a dream, as he roamed in and out of consciousness. Brought back from his painful memeories it seems that Bekha must have told the troupe of the exploits of this very afternoon as the great captain slew a spider beast and then was bathe in the light of Beory to once more take his vows and become one with the light. Bekah's own spellcraft adding in a light effect that was well received by the patrons as the cheered and applauded till the very rafters of the inn shook.

As it got later and the ale still flowed freely, the crowd got rowdy as arm wrestling and drinking contest took over for dancing and singing. But as midnight approaches the party starts to wind down and the group sits once more at the table in the center of the common room. The inn is nearly empty except for those patrons who lost at the drinking contest earlier and lay asleep at various tables or on the floor. Into the early morning hour the group plans for their trip to the moathouse, until the long day starts to wear on them as well. Each lost to their own thoughts about what tomorrow may bring everyone beds down for a much needed rest.

[sblock=Templeton] The town is eerily empty as most townsfolk are either at the inn (those who worship the Old Faith) or at the Church of St. Cuthbert for evening services. There are armed men who seem to be patrolling the main roads of Hommlet, but none wear any kind of livery or badge to say they are the town guard. Each is armed and armored differently, but they each diffidently walk a circuit of the road and hail each other with an "All's well." when they meet. Staying easily to the shadows you scout the outskirts of town to get a feel for the town and it's layout. OOC: let me know from the map if there is any area you would like to investigate more than casually. Thanks.[/sblock]
[sblock=Gwylla]Spugnoir has traveled far and wide and is looking to set up a magic shop in Hommlet, but first needs to talk to Lord Burne. He has a huge selection of spells in his spellbook but no scrolls for purchase as he wishes to save them for now. Not having any spells to trade Spugnoir offers to trade any scrolls you find on your travels (or when you have free time and can scribe a scroll yourself), for a chance to copy spells from his spellbook. OOC: He is an invoker and will have all evocation spells (lvl 1-3) if that helps during your level ups for spell choices.[/sblock]
[sblock=Emmyr]Winning his contest against Brother Smyth, Emmyr is told to stop by the smithy on his way to the moathouse. In the morning the slight (but welcome) buzz of a hangover leads to him almost forgetting, but he quickly tells the others he will catch up in a minute. Th smith rewards the dwarf by casting aid upon him and wishing him good hunting, before turning back to his forge.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hexiros]Sorry, but the dragonborn is still a little feared by the town. Accepted because of your relationship to Captain Blackpearl, but you are still big, blue, and scaly. I was wondering about your map making talent, and if you wish to make that a new downtime activity I think we could wing it. Along with Templeton's scouting abilities/RP you may be a heck of a cartography team.[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Explorer
swamp.jpg
The Moathouse, east of Hommlet
26th of Goodmonth, CY 579
2:24pm

A scrub of thorns, thistles, weeds, and shrubs grows thickly along the edge of the track which leads to the ruins. Even the track is mostly overgrown and cluttered with fallen branches and trees. Here and there it is washed out, in other places a mire.
Some game evidently still follows the pathway, however, for after a mile or so faint traces can be seen. But even considering this, going is slow, and it takes over four hours to trudge along on foot. Considerable hacking and clearing is necessary to make the way passable. After two miles, as the track turns more northerly, the land begins to sink and become boggy. Tall marsh plants grow thickly where cattails and tamaracks do not. Off to the left can be seen the jagged silhouette of the moathouse.
A side path, banked high to cross over the wetland to either side, just north to the entrance of the ruin. The track here is only about 15 feet wide or so, with crumbling embankments making travel near the edge dangerous. The bogs stink. The vegetation appears dense and prolific, but somehow sickly and unhealthy, creepers and vines throwing their strangling loops over the skeletons of dead saplings and living bushes alike. The rushes and cattails rustle and bend even to a slight zephyr, and weird birdcalls, croakings, and other unwholesome sounds come faintly across the fen.

T1-4-The-Temple-Of-Elemental-Evil-Moathouse.jpg

OOC: Combat block in your opening posts please.
Random Encounter [roll0]


[sblock=Rana only] Never coming to the moathouse from the direction has been vexing to you. The swamp is wild near this end of the Gnarley Forest. The hand of shadow starts to form as it always has every time you visit this area, and by your companions reactions (or lack there of) you know only you can see it. What is different is now there are two manacles of light shackling the evil. One from the moathouse as before and the other coming from Zanword. Somehow you realize that there are other bans, dimmed by the presents of the beam of light in front of you to have been seen before. Concentrating you see three others coming from various directions far away. Each is strengthen now by the presences of Zanword but you still believe that whatever the moathouse hides that it is keeping this evil at bay and should be kept out of the hands of bandits who may inadvertently release it.[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top