• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Short Story Smackdown - FINAL: Berandor vs Piratecat - The Judgment Is In!

Tashtego said:
I would love to participate but guess it's a bit too late right now :) Let me know if anyone drops out or something and I can be a reserve, if you need one.
Hello Tashtego,

Unfortunately, there seems to be seating adequate for only the current crew. However, I shall register you as an alternate, just in case someone has to pull out at the death. As such, you are going to have to be on your toes. I'm attempting to post all matches 9:00am Sydney time (check a world clock for your local time). As such, just pop in and check the first post and if you see your name up in lights, then you better get cracking. ;)

Thank you very much for the interest. Follow the current contest (with a truly stellar field in all departments may I just say!) and look out for the next Short Story Smackdown/Ceramic DM and sign up early.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Tashtego

Explorer
Herremann the Wise said:
Hello Tashtego,

Unfortunately, there seems to be seating adequate for only the current crew. However, I shall register you as an alternate, just in case someone has to pull out at the death. As such, you are going to have to be on your toes. I'm attempting to post all matches 9:00am Sydney time (check a world clock for your local time). As such, just pop in and check the first post and if you see your name up in lights, then you better get cracking. ;)

Thank you very much for the interest. Follow the current contest (with a truly stellar field in all departments may I just say!) and look out for the next Short Story Smackdown/Ceramic DM and sign up early.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Thanks, Herreman! I'll be on the ball, just in case. The time zone shouldn't be an issue, as I'm also in Sydney...

Dlsharrock

First Post
(EDIT due to my stupidity and inability to remember that Sydney is *ahead* not *behind* UK) 1:00am UK time, if that helps anyone (*uses international gesture for eager anticipation - rubs hands, hunches shoulders, grins madly*)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

awayfarer said:
I gotta confess, I feel like I don't anyone here well enough to smacktalk without just sounding like an ass. I apologize if I offended anybody.

Yes, I feel the same. So rather than smacktalk and risk sounding like an awayfarer, I'd like to offer a couple helpful bits of advice instead. 1: no matter what you hear, QWERTY isn't a kooky style of writing. 2: though it may seem like a good idea, you won't get great results using an 8 ball to write your stories for you, though you may get *better* results.

And let's just all thank our lucky stars Dr Perry Cox isn't participating :)

Last edited:

awayfarer

First Post
Just noticed I left out the word "know" in my previous post. I've put it back. I've also removed the words ":):):):)", "semprini" and "vibraphone." We don't need potty language like that here.

EDIT: spatchcock, regina and crevice. And potty.

Last edited:

Round One - Match Two
Thorod Ashstaff vs. Eeralai

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R1 - M2 - Image 1.jpg
    R1 - M2 - Image 1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 177
  • R1 - M2 - Image 2.jpg
    R1 - M2 - Image 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 199
  • R1 - M2 - Image 3.jpg
    R1 - M2 - Image 3.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 190
  • R1 - M2 - Image 4.jpg
    R1 - M2 - Image 4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 179

Round One - Match Three
Starman vs. Madwabbit

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R1 - M3 - Image 1.jpg
    R1 - M3 - Image 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 104
  • R1 - M3 - Image 2.jpg
    R1 - M3 - Image 2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 105
  • R1 - M3 - Image 3.jpg
    R1 - M3 - Image 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 101
  • R1 - M3 - Image 4.jpg
    R1 - M3 - Image 4.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 103

Hello Everyone,

If possible, can competitors just post a quick reply that they've seen their pictures and are about to get busy writing/thinking/despairing/laughing or whatever the case may be. I'd hate to think I had posted images and a competitor had missed it.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: Mythago, I've tried to contact you - can you just confirm that all is cool or not cool. Sorry for the possible confusion but the site was down and I could not post your pictures until I did.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads