• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Well, you see, I've been somewhat distracted lately," Kerwyn starts explaining, "by some very nice-looking ladies accompanying me on my journeys, so I haven't been exactly keeping an eye or ear out on anything else."
He then takes a pondering stance. "Hmm... I think I have heard of something that might fit the description, but it was supposed to be at the moathouse we... inspected some time ago, and I didn't run across it.
But I'm sure such great spellshapers as yourselves could find many more clues from there than lowly me."

Endur

First Post
Varachan smiles broadly in response to Kerwyn's statment (the first time Kerwyn has seen the generally depressed Varachan smile).

"Excellent! I knew you would see the value in cooperation, Kerwyn!

"Naquent, I told you that loser Dunrat would not have the skill to find anything truly hidden. I want you to assemble an expedition to loot the moathouse. And this time send enough firepower to deal with any wayward dragons. Lead it personally and don't return until you have the elemental gems."

Naquent responds, "Of course, Master Varachan. I will leave at once. Right after I execute these interlopers."

Varachan responds to Naquent, "Nay. They may still have additional information of value. Its possible that not all of the gems are present in the Moathouse. Additional interrogations may be necessary. I will continue to interogate them while you obtain our prize."

A very disappointed and frustrated Naquent leaves the room, slamming the door on her way out.

Varachan and the Hag walk Kerwyn over into the other 10' circle, then while the Hag and Varachan remain out of the circle and Kerwyn is standing inside of it, the Hag presses the lever and Kerwyn finds himself back in his old forcecage prison cell. Kerwyn thinks he knows enough about the teleportation lever that he could operate it if he was left alone.

Endur

First Post
The fiery dwarf adds from his cell, "Who are you lot, anyways? I'm Reunoux, a servant of King Amaimon."

The Troll just growls, trys to claw the invisible walls around it, and then goes back to sleep.

The listless creature with the body of a lion, the wings of an eagle, and the face of a human just lies on its side, with its tongue rolling out of its mouth, drooling on the floor of its forcecage.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Torn has prepared the following spells: (6/5+1/5+1/4+1/4+1/2+1)
Lvl 5: break enchantment, greater command, Flame strike*(D)
Lvl4: blindness(3rd lvl), dispel magic(x2)(lvl3), searing light (3rd lvl), Holy Smite(D)
Lvl3: create food & water, Daylight, dispel magic, searing light, Magic circle against evil* (D)
Lvl2: entrall(x2), find traps, silence(x2), spiritual weapon*(D)
lvl1: magic stone(needs stones)*(x2), obscuring mist(x3), magic weapon*(D)
lvl0: Purify food & drink, detect poison, detect magic(x2), create water(x2)

*requires component &/or diving focus

IC: "I am Rowean of Eldredd, champion of Heironious. We are in desperate straights. We came to free the ambassador and prevent war between men and gnomes. What brings you to be a captive in the citidel?"

To her friends, she says, as softly as possible while still being audible. "We must attempt to free ourselves. Does anyone have any useful ideas? I can cast a dispell magic spell, which might get rid of this forcecage. I also have some combat spells."

Endur

First Post
The Fiery dwarf responds to Torn,
"Och, well, I had the duty of guarding an object. These cultists came and took the object by force. They killed some of the guardians, and others like myself were taken prisoner. They have been interrogating us and sacrificing the prisoners after a while. I'm the last one left."

Lenya's charms may have had a positive impact on Kerwyn, but no one else seems to be affected (and even Kerwyn is hard to tell).

Manzanita

First Post
"You have nothing to lose, now, by telling us what the object you were guarding is. And where were you when this happened. We knew a group of dwarves in the area, but last we heard, they all left." asks Torn.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I think she might like me," Kerwyn whispers to Varachan and the hag after Naquent slams the door shut, "and now she's doing her all to fight the feeling."

"Well, I sent a sizable force of them off to that moathouse we ransacked way back when, and given a chance I could probably work these cell-thingies," the handsome thief explains once back in his 'quarters', "but it's going to be close to impossible to get the chance to, I think."

Endur

First Post
Varachan responds to Kerwyn after his "She likes me" statement in a low voice. "Well, just keep in mind what happens to those Mistress Naquent likes. During an argument with her last lover, she murdered him. Then to make up after the fight, she bound his soul as an undead spirit. They still sleep in the same bed together."

Later in the prison, a black cloaked human-sized figure wearing a lilac stonemask similar to one of the masks you saw in the Moathouse appears in the corner near the lever, walks over next to Belaver's cell, and stops in front of Belaver's cell.

The figure speaks,
"You might be a powerful spellcaster when you are free, but you look pretty pathetic in there. I can't believe you slew Bethe. She and I were something special. Someday when the Hag isn't watching, I'm going to sneak into your cell and kill you for her. It won't be business, it will be purely personal. Just so you know."

The cloaked figure then leaves the prison by pulling on the lever and disappearing.

Later, while the party is alone in the darkened prison with the only light being the light given off by the body of the fiery dwarf, Torn and the fiery dwarf Reunoux have a conversation.

Reunoux continues,
"Och well, I suppose it will be alright to tell you what happened. If ever you get the chance to relay my story to someone from King Amaimon's court, I'd greatly appreciate it.

"As you probably know, my race is related to the dwarves of this place, but we have lived for centuries in a place of fire and lava. To the point, where we have become creatures of fire. Our greatest foes are the evil fire elementals, Salamanders, Efreeti, and their terrible master Imix, the prince of evil fire elementals.

"My king had asked several of us to guard an item from the minions of Imix, a garnet of great magical power that Imix himself had created at some time in the past. This potent item could not be safely guarded on the plane of fire, and so we had to guard it in a volcano some distance from here.

"Far from the plane of fire we were, but even so the minions of Imix found us.

"Maliskra was their leader. Her mother was a mortal being cursed by the gods, her face was so ugly it caused others to turn to stone. Her father was the most evil being to ever live upon the Elemental Plane of Fire, Imix, the prince of Evil Fire Elementals. Maliskra had the worst of both her parents. A being of fire who could turn mortals to stone with a look and twice as evil as either of her parents.

"Maliskra came. And not alone. A female efreeti came with her as well as a giant dog faced demon with four arms that ended in pincers and claws. And an army of Salamanders.

"We fought and slew many salamanders, but we were overcome. They took the gem. We lost the Elemental Power Gem of Fire."

Craven responds to Torn's earlier question about spellcasting to mention that he can heal wounds even though he lacks a holy symbol.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads