• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 4 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
China
Kevin, Raisa, Carl
Initiative: Gang Leader 18, Carl 14 (2L, Disabled), Raisa 13, Kevin 11 (2HP, 5S, KO), Nova 10 (1L, 1S, dying), Gang Members 7

Kevin shakes his head clear of the cobwebs and turns to run to Nova. As he does, both men facing him move to stop him, but are waved off by the gang leader. He has a large smirk on his face.

OOC: Sense motive check failed. You don't know why he doesn't want them to stop you. Also, your wisdom check failed badly, or you'd know what a horrendous idea this is. Remember when someone told you to never mimic her powers?

Kevin touches the frost covered Nova. He immediately bursts into flame, his clothes and all belongings incinerating moments before he clutches his head and collapses. He falls next to Nova and acrid smell of burning flesh fills the square as his energy field burns the powerless woman.

Backlash save: 2 (4) vs DC 17 [KO]

Well, you are unconscious, but you have her powers at rank 8. However, it is unlikely you will want to keep those, being you have a permanent flaming energy field.
Fire control +8 (flaws: energy blast area only, full power only; extra: energy field [flaw: permanent; extra: protection; extra: immunities], flight, energy shapes [extra: animate object [flaw: dragon only]]; stunt: drain energy)
A thug bursts into the market, running right up to the leader. "Boss! There are mutants at the old man's place! They attacked us!" he stops, seeing the carnage and his face splits into a grin. As Raisa bursts in, he points at her. "That's the witch that attacked us!"

"Alright boys!" he shouts, climbing on his bike again. "We've done enough today and the boss-lady will want to know about this! Grab up anyone who needs help, mount up and lets ride!" he exclaims into his helmet. You see a small radio tranceiver attached to it. He turns to Raisa.

"You messed with the Red Rose Syndicate, girl. You and that old man will pay for that. But not today. Consider this," he says, gesturing at the carnage around you, "just a taste of what's to come." With those words he fires up his bike and squeals out of the square.

Carl quite literally burst through the flaming wall, grabbing Nova and pulling her away from Kevin. He gets her about fifteen feet away and collapses, overcome by burns himself. His jacket is flaming on his back. Raisa runs over and rolls him over to put him out as the leader and other thugs start up their bikes and ride off.

X12, Dara
As you and Dara run towards the center of town, you meet up with Xi who joins you. As one, you all stagger as you hear Carl mentally scream in pain, an image of flames and a charred Nova flashing briefly into your head. Raisa urges you to hurry to the square urgently. You also hear the gang leader threatening Raisa, relayed mentally. You see and hear motorcycles screaming about town and notice the gang members picking up the few wounded they have before the head for the main road out of town.

It's only thirty seconds before you reach the marketplace, and you see a very bad scene. Kevin is lying on the ground, encompassed by a flaming energy field. A cart near him is engulfed in flames and the building by the cart has flames licking up the back wall. With how close the buildings are, and the wood used in their construction, it won't be long before other buildings start on fire. A firey wall is just disappating near the middle of the square. Nearby, Nova and Carl lay.

Carl is smoking and has some serious burns on his face and hands. Raisa is still patting a fire out on his clothes and his chest is rising and falling weakly as he coughs. Nova is naked, her skin blistered and charred. She's not moving at all.

New York - Hospital
"Hey, I didn't see you spending any time in the simulator," Cosmo shoots back. "I've just started VTL training. I think I'm doing pretty good," he says with a cocky grin.

You are all taken into the emergency room to get patched up, though Cosmo and Anna stay in the jet. Doctor Johnson works for a long time with each of the injured. You come to the realization that while his powers are definitely more user friendly than X12, his powers are far inferior to X's. However, they are just as effective in the long run.

Michelle
Tara sits with Michelle while she's treated. "I think you need to learn to dodge attacks," she says with a grin.

"I'll second that," the doctor says as he presses his hand painfully to a serious electrical burn on her shoulder.

OOC: It will take 5 minutes per hit for him to heal, so you'll be here a fair while.

Neutron
Monica is cuddled up to Neutron pretty much the entire time in the hospital. "Hope you still have some energy there, sport," she purrs, still in hybrid form. Your stomach rumbles loudly. "Maybe food first, hmmm? Oh!" she suddenly exclaims. "I better go check on thumper. Be back shortly," she says with a feline grin, prancing towards Rebound's exam room.

Vincent
You are in a hospital and don't need to be treated! Will wonders never cease!

New York - Methesda
Johan, Loki, Straightjacket
After fifteen minutes of signing forms, you have your information and are on your way. Another thirty minutes later finds you with the rest of the team in the emergency of Bush Memorial Hospital. Straightjacket is quickly ushered in to see the doctor. The rest of you are left to your own devices.

Mordane76

First Post
"Dara and Xi, move that cart away from the buildings please and try to contain anything that just caught fire," X12 says.

"Raisa, Carl and Nova are very seriously injured -- I'll need you to carry me back to Master Wen afterwards, please, but please help Xi and Dara control the fire."

OOC: Medicine Check on Nova -- she's not moving, but I want to make sure she's breathing. If she's not, then I'll focus on her first, as Carl is still at least breathing. If I have to focus on her, I'll spend a HP to stay up long enough to heal Carl after I heal her.

If she's breathing, then I'll simply use Extra Effort to boost Healing, and then touch them both at the same time, similar to the guards in apartment building.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
Michelle
Tara sits with Michelle while she's treated. "I think you need to learn to dodge attacks," she says with a grin.

"I'll second that," the doctor says as he presses his hand painfully to a serious electrical burn on her shoulder.

"I got to learn to shoot first and ask questions later." She says wincing slightly. "I hope Thunder can salvage the mission."

Calinon

First Post
China
X12
OOC: Medicine check of 18 is successful.

You check Nova over and pale as you detect no pulse, no breathing, no signs of life at all. Your empathic healing does nothing. She's dead. Your mind flashes back to your regeneration testing in your flashback, and your experience with Vincent at the pool and you wonder if you could possibly push your powers the way you did with Vincent. But you have no memories of whether or not you've ever brought anyone back from death, nor do you have any idea what it would do to you.

New York
Michelle
"If I know my brother, everything is under control. He's talking with that Johan boy in the hall," Doctor Johnson says as his powers knit the skin back together. "I think you are lucky to be alive," he says, moving behind you and pressing both hands to your back and side. The pain is intense enough for you to yelp in pain. "Oh, just wait," he says seriously. "It's going to hurt a lot more shortly."

And it does as his healing knits skin and muscle and possibly some cracks in your ribs very slowly together.

"Oh god," Tara says, watching and paling as the healing works. "I think I'm gonna barf."

Velmont

First Post
Kevin will spent a HP to recover from his KO. If he wake up, he fly away and start to extenguish every fire he sees. As soon as it is done, he fly after the Red Rose goons and shot them as soon as he has way to blast them without harming innocent.

Mordane76

First Post
Calinon said:
China
X12
OOC: Medicine check of 18 is successful.

You check Nova over and pale as you detect no pulse, no breathing, no signs of life at all. Your empathic healing does nothing. She's dead. Your mind flashes back to your regeneration testing in your flashback, and your experience with Vincent at the pool and you wonder if you could possibly push your powers the way you did with Vincent. But you have no memories of whether or not you've ever brought anyone back from death, nor do you have any idea what it would do to you.

"Let's hope it's not yet your time, Nova," X12 says, and tries to reach down inside for whatever he can muster.

OOC: I'll attempt it. To even be possibly successful, I expect it will require both Extra Effort and an HP -- one to shift my "extra" off the Regrowth to my Resurrection, and one to boost my Healing up to get a fair chance at making it. If I boost my Healing to 8 and shift the Extra to Resurrection, I should be able to get Ressurection +16, meaning I'll still need a 14 on the roll to revive her. Otherwise, maybe I can spend my 5 pts plus 1 of the extra ones I have left to bring my Healing from 6 to 9, and then use Extra Effort to apply the extra from my Regrowth to my Resurrection temporarily to attempt to revive... those 5 pts push us up to PL 9, ya know... :D

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"Oh god," Tara says, watching and paling as the healing works. "I think I'm gonna barf."

Her knuckles white from gripping the arms of the chair as she tries to mentally ignore the pain coursing through her body.

"Join the... the club." She gasps as several tears slip down her cheeks. "God that hurts." She cries out barely able to withstand the pain

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay smiles at Monica. "Food, yeah, of course. Maybe a bit of sleep tonight wouldn't hurt, too," he says with a grin. Watching her bounce off, he shakes his head. "What a mother hen," he thinks, sitting back and relaxing as he awaits the doctor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads