• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 4 (IC)

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
Monica's eyes narrow at Sanjay's shudder and as if to illustrate her anger, she walks over to the crushed car and rips the side mirror off it, looking at her reflection in it. "Tastes worse than it looks," she says, rubbing her teeth with her fingers to get the blood off. "Luckily, I can clean up pretty good," she says, taking her gloves off and preening the blood from her face.

Neutron combines a look of disgust with a smirk as she mentions the taste. "Yeah, I'll just take your word on that."

Calinon said:
"And I don't give a crap if Thunder is pissed off," she says, sauntering along to the front of the car, dragging her claws along the side. "He put us here, told us to throw our weight around, and we did." Once in front, she grabs a name plate and rips it from the rail it is on and tosses it to Neutron. She pulls open the hood, looks under and moments later she rips something from the engine and the alarm shuts off.

The name plate reads "Mr. Falcon."

"Oops," she says, tail twitching.

Neutron starts to laugh. "Oh, man, that's great." He looks around. "Anything else we can drop on this thing?" he adds with a grin.

Mule

First Post
Dalamar said:
"....." Of course, we run this by the Johan-translator, resulting in much more attention to detail and more thoroughness.
"Yeah, what he said" not needing to add anything to Johan's longwinded, analytical report.

buzzard

First Post
John follows Stephanie while listening to Johan's droning report. His eyes are glazing over as he wonders to himself "Now why exactly did Thunder make me hear the report? It's not like I'm in charge or anything. Must be punishment."

buzzard

Calinon

First Post
New York - Methesda
OOC: Johan Translator engaged ;)

Inside
Straightjacket's dad smacks him on the back of the head. "Pay attention, boy. I know you can draw a line between the fact those thingamabobs the long-winded kid said were headed to SAP and the fact those papers had the same name on 'em. Connections!"

SJ gets and succeeds in a simple intelligence check to remember that one. The advantages of having dad around! :p

Stephanie practically lights up at your suggestion. "I'm pretty sure we'll come up with something," she says, latching onto your arm. It kind of makes you wince, what with your rather large bruising and probably burns on your leg and side. It also serves to remind you that you got worked over really well.

Johan
OOC: Sure, knowledge checks it is.

You don't know anything about Falcon, other than he's a lawyer, but Whitefeather is a different story. If you know your history, albeit North American history isn't your strongest suit, that would be General Daniel Whitefeather. When war erupted in 2088 and most of the government was destroyed in Washington, he became the defacto leader of the United States as the highest ranking active military officer for the combined Armed Forces. He's the one that mobilized the army, ordered the invasion of Canada and protected the US interests until a new government was formed.

He was also the scapegoat for the negative actions of the military during that time. He resigned, with honors, and accepted responsibility for "his actions." He pretty much vanished from the history books at that point, though rumors abounded that he convinced President Mitchell Redtree to take up office as leader of the NAA.

What convinces you that this is him are the recognizable tatoos, at least to anyone that is a history buff. However, pictures of him are very few and far between, so it is unlikely most people would recognize him solely by that. If your knowledge is correct, however, he'd be nearly 80 years old. And you're pretty sure it's correct.

Everyone
Your communicators turn on and Cosmo says, "Thunder, we've got Michelle and Rebound, me, Vince and Anna. Anyone else to take?"

"Neutron, Monica and Tara can go with you," Thunder responds. "I'll take Straightjacket and the others once we're done here and meet you at the hospital."

Neutron
"What a waste of a flight," Tara says from behind you. "I guess if I hadn't been looking after Hoppy I wouldn't have missed the fun. Guess we should maybe get in the plane?" she says looking at the carnage Monica caused and not looking like she understands why.

Monica growls, not at anyone in particular. "Fine, whatever," she says, walking past the car, but not before popping the front tire on the way by. "Come on, Sport."

Agamon

Adventurer
Neutron gives looks at Tara. "Fun? Oh, yeah, a real hoot," he says.

He snickers as Monica slashes the tire. "Oh, c'mon, that's just mean. Least I can do is fix his car for him," he says, pointing back at the car and making it look brand new once again...albeit, in a much smaller, toy-sized form. He shrugs. "Best I can do, I'm not a mechanic," he says with a smirk as he boards the jet.

Velmont

First Post
"You are really annoying, you know!"

Chinese language and a great memory... why I havn't the strength of Raisa when I need it.

Kevin stand up and continue to run. While running, he will look around for something to use as a shield or a weapon (a shield or a weapon would be better), as he sees that 4 against one, he will have hard time to get rid of them without figthing.

Deva

First Post
Calinon said:
The goon is struggling to escape but has no chance at all to. Instead he cops a feel. Oh, and which way are you going? Docks, town or after the other goon?

Raisa glances over at the goon, "Don't give me a reason to break you. But since you're the bad guy, I don't need one." She flicks his ear and will head toward town.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Calinon said:
China
Oops! she says mentally. Oh, me and X are by the docks! We're gonna thump some heads! she exclaims through the link.

I'll take the four on the left; you take the two over there, Dara says with a grin. The gang members haven't seen you yet.

"Alright, Dara. Don't overdo it, Dara -- I know you're powerful, but be careful," X12 thinks across the link with a bit of hesitation and concern. "First sign of trouble, Dara, you pull back and head for me -- we need you to keep this link going, and we'll be better equipped to deal with multiple attackers together than separate if necessary."

Calinon

First Post
New York
Straightjacket, Johan, Loki
As Straightjacket, Johan, Loki and Thunder make their way through the offices of Methesda, they see relatively few employees. The administration staff all in all appears quite small. Stephanie leads you upstairs to the senior offices and, in particular, an extremely high class area that belongs to Mr. Falcon. His secretary is there, though you can't see Falcon. She seems a bit surprised by your appearance, but invites you to sit down.

It's only a few minutes before Falcon appears, followed closely by Whitefeather. He doesn't seem overly pleased to be in your presence, but invites you into his office. As he enters he instructs his secretary, Ms. Waters, to pull hard copies of all information on file for Split Company and bring it to him.

"Ms. Methesda," Falcon says. "I'm sure your uncle would want you tending the phones."

"Oh, right," she says somewhat disappointed. "I better get downstairs." She heads off, with a final smile at Straightjacket.

"Let me make this perfectly clear," Falcon starts. "No information I provide to you can go beyond your hands, for any purpose. And we'll expect compensation for the damages to our property. Now, aside from this Split character, what information were you after?" he asks Straightjacket and Thunder. He seems quite willing to give you information all in all, and with both Whitefeather and Thunder in the room, it's unlikely the information would be false.

Loki... the office has another exit, directly behind Falcon. It is concealed by what appears to be a holographic generator.

Neutron, Michelle, Vince
Once everyone is securely inside the jet, Cosmo jerks it skyward. You get the distinct impression that vertical take off and landings are not his specialty. He does get you airborne and blasting off towards the hospital. Michelle groans as you are approaching the hospital and comes too, albeit groggily.

Michelle
Michelle, you feel very ill. If you've ever got a bad electrical shock, you'll know the feeling. You're also strapped down to a stretcher, though you see Anna, Neutron, Monica, Dara, Rebound and Tara. You must be in the EPIC Jet.

Tara sees you wake up and looks down at you. "Hey, you're awake! Hate for the doctor to touch your boob while you were asleep," she grins.

Neutron
Rebound is pretty bad off as well, as far as injuries go, and Monica is fussing over him, making him obviously embarassed. "Hey, just... ow! Watch it, I'm ... ow! The doctor would... ow!" he exclaims as she dabs at his burns with a damp cloth.

"Hold still, Thumper," she scolds with a laugh. "You boys sure do complain a lot about little bruises."

Vincent is talking pretty much non-stop to you, pestering you for details and filling you in on what they found in Arizona. He seems particularly focussed on the doctor that was examining him, and how he might be growing into something scary.

Anna is working on some sort of hand held scanner, reading some plans and drawing some markings on them. "Yes, I think that would do it," she mutters to herself.

Tara is sitting next to Michelle's stretcher grinning down at her. In the cockpit, Cosmos shouts back, "We're gonna land shortly. You better strap in," he adds with a grin. You think you're really coming in a bit fast if you're going to land...

China
Kevin
Initiative: Gang Leader 18, Kevin 11 (1HP, 2S), Nova 10, Gang Members 7

You disentagle yourself from the bat toting thugs, grabbing at one bat as you get up. You manage to come away with it and get to your feet and dash a bit away. The two thugs get up and start to follow, as their unarmed pals dash past them and charge at you.

Touch attack to grab bat: 15 (hit)
Opposed strength check: Kevin -- 18, Thug 15 -- Kevin has a bat (+3S)

The two unarmed thugs charge at you, one trying to trip you again with a kick to the ankle and the other leaping up and kicking hard at your head. You barely manage to get your ankle up and away from one goon when your vision explodes in pain as a heel catches you in the eye. You stagger back a few feet, reeling from the pain.

Attack rolls: Trip -- 8 (miss), Kick -- natural 20 (crit)
Save: 17 (fail) [1S]

The thugs on the ground pick themselves up and move towards you quickly. The gang leader laughs at your predicament.

Kevin is up. Oh, and read below too first ;)

X12
Initiatives: X12 18, Dara 14, Gang Members 7

Dara gives you a grin and simply stares at the four men pinning the girls to the wall. As one, they suddenly collapse, two unconscious and two to their knees clutching their heads.

X12 easily closes with the two other thugs. Neither notice you approach, and you manage to kick one solidly in the back of the head. He drops like a brick, his aluminum bat clattering off the road.

Attack roll: 18 (hit)
Save: 11 (fail) [KO]

The other thug whirls about surprised, taking a hard swing at you. He nails you in the ribs, but you barely feel it.

Attack roll: 19 (hit)
Save: 24 (success)

X12 is up.

Raisa
The thug howls in pain as part of his ear lobe flies away. He clutches his hand to his ear, but otherwise is certainly not doing that again!

You see Carl fly overhead into town, and see his goal. A group of about 10 thugs, trying to break into what appears to be the town hall. They chase and hit anyone who gets too close.

Xi catches up to you, following you towards the scene. The thugs spot you coming, jeering at you and brandishing their weapons. Two of them have what appear to be blasters. Xi slides to a halt and looks down an alleyway, where an old woman is being beaten.

"I shall deal with these," he says, stepping towards them.

Everyone
You hear a roar of flames and the sky over Master Wen's lights up as Nova bursts into flame and heads for town. She streaks at reckless speed towards the docks, and moments later, the flames in the area are gone. She passes over your heads and as she passes, any flames that are burning go out. She vanishes behind some buildings in the market area.

Kevin
Nova bursts from the sky to land in the square with you. She is giving off enough heat to char the bricks and crack them at her feet, and make you uncomfortable. The bat in the one thugs' hand bursts into flame and disintegrates to ash. "You ok there, Kev?" she asks briefly.

"So you'd be the leader of these punks?" she says cockily.

The gang leader smirks at her. "Yeah, what you gonna do 'bout it?" He changes his stance slightly, preparing for a fight, but seeming oddly unconcerned about who he's facing.

See Kevin's fight for new initiative orders.

Mordane76

First Post
Calinon said:
The other thug whirls about surprised, taking a hard swing at you. He nails you in the ribs, but you barely feel it.

Attack roll: 19 (hit)
Save: 24 (success)

X12 is up.

"I am not amused," X12 says, kicking at the thug, aiming for square in the chest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads