• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] The Mirror of Days (Updated!)

Calim

First Post
The level, the club and the transformation Idea sound wonderful now i need to flesh out what i am gonna be. I dont remember reading but is it point buy or rolling for stats.

Dark Eternal

First Post
[b]Calim[/b] said:
The level, the club and the transformation Idea sound wonderful now i need to flesh out what i am gonna be. I dont remember reading but is it point buy or rolling for stats

*grins*

I think I'm going to use point buy: 30.

And for being the first one to ask, you get an extra point.

[b]Arknath[/b] said:
Idea for transformation...I could have been trapped in an extremely hard to navigate planar prison (I'm an acrobat, but I still steal! ) maybe on Carcenia (sp?) {Ed. -I think it's Carceri. ;) } and escaped...something which none (or very few) have accomplished.

This would be cool; although you would need to provide some fashion in which the process altered your character... the idea is that 'ordinary' mortals are limited to non-epic levels of power, and that something on a fundamental physical level has to be altered to make one capable of Epic advancement.

I like the idea, though; this would be a great example of an Epic transformation.

Ok, assuming Rino chimes in and agrees, it looks like we'll be going with 500,000 xp starting level, and that the characters will be somehow involved in an elite federation of powerful figures.

Try and provide feedback on one another's character concepts, as well as ideas as to what relationships and shared history exist between yourselves. I'll be back on here in 8 hours or so with the answer to your Paragon Template ECL question, Kalanyr.

I like the directions this is going, folks - thanks again for being involved! I think we're going to have a great game here.

Last edited:

Arknath

First Post
Dark: When am I gonna find out whether I'm a main character or an alternate/cohort? :)

Well...as far as my physical transformation goes...maybe a divine being (god of thieves?) notices that a big mess has been made over some mortal rogue escaping a prison on Carceri (thanks for the spell-correction). Maybe he takes a liking to this character of mine and decides that he will grant me extreme (read: epic) power if I spread his ways and portfolio. How does that sound? Anyone else got better ideas? :)

Dark Eternal

First Post
Arknath said:
Dark: When am I gonna find out whether I'm a main character or an alternate/cohort? :)

You're officially in as a main character. Which fills my main char slots; I'll continue shopping for interested cohorts and alternates.

:)

And I like what you've got there.

Last edited:

electric-ant

First Post
The Thunder's Edge Inn

The Thunder's Edge Inn is a small (if slightly dull) establishment in the midst of an upscale district in a seaport metropolis. The barkeep, Vathe, serves perfectly adequate meals, brews unextraordinary ale, and provides clean rooms for those wishing to stay the night. It is usually frequented by well-to-do travelers and bored nobles looking for excitement, though they rarely find any.

Some know better, of course.

Behind the bar is a door, and through the door is a large storage room filled with kegs of ale and casks of wine. A certain path through the twisted maze of barrels seems to stretch endlessly. Soon, it begins to appear that if the outside dimensions of the inn were any measure, the path would have crossed the outside street and be well on its way into the harbor. After a while, voices and sounds can be heard that couldn't possibly have traveled the distance from the main room of the inn. The pathway darkens, and then a small light is seen. Approaching the light, travelers come to a door.

Upon opening the door, travelers are greeted by the door guards, a pair of massive grey renders, who peaceably tie warriors' weapons and bind magic-users' fingers.

Inside the door is a cavernous and smoky taproom, filled with circular tables about which all manner of creatures talk, plan, bicker, and create a general hubbub that is never silenced. Barely visible in the dimness is a bar, tended by a half-ogre who speaks in a cultured accent. Around the room, dozens of staircases wind up through the wooden ceiling to private rooms, while an equally infinite number of doors lead to vast extensions of the inn, more private rooms, and places unknown.

The bar serves every drink imaginable - as a fading sign nearby proclaims, "Name it and we'll brew it." Ugly stains, splotchmarks, and acid-pocks on the bar bear silent testimony to the claim. The half-ogre bartender, Jerul, is as knowledgeable about rumors as he is about drinks, and clipped to the bar is a list of employers seeking mercenaries for one sundry job or another, ranging from calls for crusaders to extraplanar journeys to assassination contracts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Make of that what you will, I just had a bit of free time.

And I still am not sure what character I'll make. :D

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
So how about this...

A cleric following his God(dess), for a life of righteous following and religious prosperity. Then one day he was taken off the planet for study and life on the other plain. During this period of time you are studying to be more for your god and the time spent on this plane is changing you you start to take on some of the racial characteristics and once your study is done the god tells you to continue to spread his/her word.

The changes are quite apparent that you have changed into almost a celestial but not quite.

let me know what you think.

Cause I was thinking a cleric of some sort

'o Skoteinos

First Post
I'm probably going all Wiz.

As for the transformation:

- Spell

Some 9th level spell that allows one to merge with the weave (not taking control like Karsus tried, but just able to experience it). This might give a deeper insight into the workings of magic, and might change the mind of the individual.

- Ritual (Material component: Slaad or Demon) (forced)

I this case I think I'd be fighting against either Slaads or Demons. A ritual that needed multiple demons or slaadi could transport some of their power to me (ala Blade).

electric-ant

First Post
I've been thinking, and right now I'm wavering between an arcane spellcaster of some sort and an unorthodox half-drow monk.

If I chose monk, will you allow the unarmed feats from Oriental Adventures, and the henshin mystic prestige class?

For transformation, I'm not entirely sure, but:

My character will have undertaken a great quest to seek out the resting place of an ancient, dead god. There he spent weeks in meditation and study, learning to absorb the divine energy that was freed upon the god's death.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads