• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] The Mirror of Days (Updated!)

Dark Eternal

First Post
I'm a highly experienced player / somewhat experienced DM, who is new to the EnWorld boards. I've been shopping around for an Epic PbP game with an opening, but the more I've thought about it, the more I've thought about just throwing my hat into the ring and offering to DM one.

At the moment, I'm just looking to see what kind of response this gets. If there's enough interest to warrent going forward (read as, at least 3-4 people who reply and are looking to get into the game), then I'll provide more information at that time.

Feel free to ask questions - the more the better! :) I'll answer everything that I can.

Last edited:

Arknath

First Post
I'll be a player or a cohort...either is fine...but if someone doesn't get in because of me, accept them as I am already in two epic games... :)

Dark Eternal

First Post
Look, Ma - I've got players! :)

Ok, in order of appearance:

I do not have any general problems with templates or prestige classes; there are, of course, certain exceptions. See the following answer for guidelines... ;)

Regarding books: My library is relatively limited, but our Senior Dungeon Master has a massive number of resources. With that in mind, I'm prepared to work with material from any WotC-published source as of February of this year, and I may be able to accomodate other resources as well... if you want to use material from a 3rd party publisher, just ask. If I've got the source in question and am willing to allow it, then you're good to go. :)

Regarding level: I haven't actually run an Epic game yet (due to all available time slots in our rp group being currently occupied), but I have done some one-on-one experimenting and npc building using the material, and I have a number of potential adventure ideas ready to go. So I don't have any basis to pick an ideal starting level on, but I'm set up to accomodate a wide range of level pc's. Discuss amongst yourselves what you'd like to play, within the range of 21 - 55th level, and we'll go with whatever you agree on.

Other information of note:
I generally tend to run high-energy, high stakes games with as many layers of complexity as I can keep track of. I really try to be flexible, however, and take my cue from the players as to what kind of game they're most interested in. Since all of my ideas are in a state of flux right now, feel free to use this thread to discuss what type of game elements you best enjoy. If you already have Epic gaming experience, then your input is particularly welcome ( :) ).

Also, one of my strong habits as a DM is a heavy fascination with incorporating character background into current plot themes... since Epic level characters should have a great deal of personal background, I would ask that all who end up playing take what time they can spare to work with me (and one another, if you are all so inclined) in creating a rich history that I can build a good character-driven story line from.

Arknath: Pleasure to meet you! I'd be happy to have you on board, but I quite appreciate your willingness to share the fun. I'll keep an eye on my potential player count, and include you if I can (which I hope I should be able to do).

o' Skoteinos, Rino - Glad to meet you, and welcome onboard! Hope what I've got here helps... any other questions?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Do you allow ECL races and if so what ECL values to use?

ELH ones ? MM2 ones ? DMG ones ? Monsters of Faerun ones ? FRCS ones ? Savage Species ones ? For the most part these sources are rather incompatable ELH ones are low compared to MM2 which is low compared to Savage Species the DMG and Monsters of Faerun have numerous conflicting ECLs for the same races.

Remove ads