• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
He approaches the bar and speaks quietly for a moment with its tender. The barkeep shrugs and gestures to the room at large. Sighing, the man turns to face those assembled. “I am Reeve, seneschal to Merchant Lord Rustavich. I am here to collect persons with a less than reasonable self-preservation instinct and a sense of discretion to perform a delicate task for my master. Would there be any such here?”
"Another one of these simpletons," mutters "Harold" to his friends. "Truly, I think it would be best if we moved to a venue where we aren't constantly bothered by individuals who need to hire a band of ne'er-do-wells to locate a lost militia-man or fetch their master's favorite letter-opener. Even if this place can manage to pour an acceptable wine."

[sblock=ooc]Scarmiglione, level 6 rogue|sorcerer. He does not undertake quests--he just follows his friends around and complains about them.[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Now Harold, at least we could hear what the man has to say--could be interesting at least. Besides, I don't think I should drink too much more of this ale. Fredrock says, with a slight slur, as he has been steadily drinking for quite a while now. HEY REEVE!, why don't ya come over here, share a drink with us and tell us your tale. Fredrock shouts while waving Reeve over to the table.

OOC: Fredrock, Level 6 Dwarven Battlemind (still awaiting approval for level 6)

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Fredrock's shout to the bartender is enough to wake the lizardfolk who is resting her head on the table. She lifts her head up and yawns quietly. How long was I asleep? she wonders as she gets her bearings.

"Sorry, I missed that." She speaks very quietly, the hiss in her voice almost drowning out her words. "About this task...?"

OOC: Toeto, Level 6 Lizardfolk Shaman, at the party's service once again. I'm also waiting for approval for the last few levels.

the truthseeker

First Post
Ooc

Odd, Zaemar seems to not have been at the bar for weeks, yet he never left. Yes, there he is, drinking, waiting for a new assignment.

OOC: Long story short: My computer had a catastrophic failure and is no more. I had to get a new computer and only one of my two drives was even able to be used (I couldn't even restore the data from the other) Of course this bad drive had my gaming info.
My new computer is working, so I'm looking for the next LW mustering.

Oh and stupid question, but is the approved character thread still working? I noticed I wasn't on there, but the last link suggested it may not be updated anymore and the alternate site wasn't up (and the link from that page didn't load)

Last edited:

A young man with unnerving gold-colored eyes follows his friends to the newcomer's table. His robe shimmers, and one can almost make out eyes staring back at them.
OOC: Yishim, Level 6 human wizard, also awaiting approval. Good to be with the crew again.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Apologies all, I've been without internet for the last 2 days

The seneshal hears Fredrock's beckoning and, with a sigh, moves over to their table. "I am afraid, friend dwarf, that the tale is not mine to tell. I am here for my master. He needs an item retrieved and would prefer that the tale not be spread in a place such as this. You must understand how the noble few view the fragility of their standing. It is possible that his enemies have ears in this very establishment.”

He eyes up the occupants of the table, “I know little of his needs, but will answer what I can. I am not entirely sure how these things begin.”

Aperion

First Post
Aperion walks slowly through the door of the Tavern.

"By the knowledge of Ioun, I could use a drink!" the Eladrin Wizard mubles to himself. He saddles up to the bar and orders whatever louching drink the barkeep has on hand.

Aperion surveys his surroundings. Again mumbling to himself he says: "Not a looker in the bunch. Oh well, once I find an adventure I'll be too busy to care about anything like that..."

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6675888]Aperion[/MENTION], just as an FYI:

L4W has its own pantheon of gods, drawn from greek and roman mythology. There's more info in the wiki. Unfortunately, Ioun isn't a part of that pantheon (as cool as she is).

That said, check out Mireva in the wiki, she'll likely be the closest fit you'll find.

Also, welcome to the boards.

Aperion

First Post
OOC: @Aperion , just as an FYI:

L4W has its own pantheon of gods, drawn from greek and roman mythology. There's more info in the wiki. Unfortunately, Ioun isn't a part of that pantheon (as cool as she is).

That said, check out Mireva in the wiki, she'll likely be the closest fit you'll find.

Also, welcome to the boards.

OOC: Oh, ok thanks for the info! No problem, sounds really cool, my wizard here will adjust his diety

Remove ads