• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: cool, we needed a level 3+ leader, thanks for the quick response!

occ: I could level her to get her ready for that. I'm in no hurry though with DMing 2 adventures and having 2 other characters currently in adventures. Consider me a backup to Joy if pathfinder is not interested. (I just read the thread).

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: feel free to join we have room for 10 in the party, and we have only half a leader currently. [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] has final say though.

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck stepped into the bar, with new armor, new sword, and new shield. He looked around, but didn't see any of his companions. However, he did spot Lerrick's green eyes. The troubadour knight declined making an announcement, and instead strode over to the girl.

"My Lady," he said with a bow, "I pray your travels here were easy. Am I the first to arrive?"

OOC: Level 9 Hybrid Bard/Warlord Halleck reporting for duty.

[sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]
Move: (+1 to AC / Ref)
Minor:
Standard:

• Target1:
  • Attack1:
  • Damage:
[sblock=ignore]

• Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

REMOVE WHEN USE BRASH ASSAULT[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 21, Reflex: 18, Will: 21 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 65/65, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 32, Surge Value: 16, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery, Cloak of the Walking Wounded Second Wind, Boot of the Fencing Master shift,
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Benefactor Armor Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Song of Discord, Canon of Avoidance, Harmonic Spellblade Boon, Benefactor Armor Daily,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +3, Athletics +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +8, Heal +9, History +3, Insight +7, Intimidate +13, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +3, Stealth +2, Streetwise +9, Thievery +2

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log][sblock=Mark of Trogdor]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

5. Delivered Lerrick, performed the ritual, saved the day. However, discovered an evil dragon named Bosch who wears a necklace which makes him a juggernaut. Halleck carries a shield which should counter this effect. Adventurers now must stop the dragon.
[/sblock]1. Wait at Tavern.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick stops and turns, hearing a familiar voice. Halleck! I hoped to see you and the others again. She gives the warlord a huge. Yes, you are the first. I hear the others are on their way. I wsh you and the others good fortune as you seek the dragon. A could shiver creeps down her spine as she mentions the beast. I am going on my first quest as well. She takes a deep breath. Wish me luck. I wish I could stay longer but I got to go. I'm going to test my skills at the arena. Do you think I'm crazy or what?she says with a smile before leaving

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Appearing suddenly from a back room, a surprised, well-dressed grow stumbles into the Hanged Man. His high collared coat indicates a man of means, as does the custom-action hand crossbow in his hand. The clothes look a little worse for wear, as if the man had traveled through rough roads recently.

Blinking a bit, the grow relaxes, realizing he is no longer in harms way. Putting the crossbow away with alacrity, he straightens his color, dusts himself off, and makes a middling bow. Damen. If anyone sees an old man with an orb, kill him for me, would you? That done, he takes a sit an orders a bottle.[sblock=OOC]Damen Bane, Drow Outlaw Thief 8.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Damen. If anyone sees an old man with an orb, kill him for me, would you?

"That goes for me as well," Phoenix says as she stands up from her seat by the fire and walks over to Damen's table. "Quiet in here - everyone seems to have cleared out and gone to some big arena ship that just showed up. I fell asleep by the fire and missed the rush, but I'm not sure if I'd want to. Fighting as a mercenary is one thing, I don't know about fighting for the entertainment of a crowd."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Lerrick stops and turns, hearing a familiar voice. Halleck! I hoped to see you and the others again. She gives the warlord a huge. Yes, you are the first. I hear the others are on their way.

After Lerrick leaves, a robed man enters the tavern wearing a wide brimmed grass hat. He carries a staff with another on his back. It is etched with bolts of lightning and his hands are sheathed in rusty gauntlets. The only skin visible is his face, a pale white with yellow eyes. He sees Halleck, nods to him and comes over.

[sblock=OOC]Raijin is still not done, but I will put him in the tavern anyway.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
"That goes for me as well," Phoenix says as she stands up from her seat by the fire and walks over to Damen's table. "Quiet in here - everyone seems to have cleared out and gone to some big arena ship that just showed up. I fell asleep by the fire and missed the rush, but I'm not sure if I'd want to. Fighting as a mercenary is one thing, I don't know about fighting for the entertainment of a crowd."

For a while, Lilli's been sat reading a book and making notes on paper, a ghostly mage hand holding the ink, except when it puts it down to spirit over a tankard of ale. The ghostly green spider has been dormant and is mostly out of sight. She looks up at Phoenix, "Yes, I know what you mean. Even with a friend or two in there, it's not exactly something I'd wish to do out of choice. Saying that, I almost changed my mind and ran over to the docks when I saw the words audience participation in The Screamer, but on reflection it probably isn't as bad I first imagined it might be."

Lilli grimaces, "Well, I hope it isn't."

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 8

A big and broad-shouldered goliath enters the tavern. His head is shaved clean and his scale armor is well-made and scribed with runes of protection and fortification.

"Vimak Stonecarver." Is everything he says. He quickly recognizes Lerric, Raijin and the warlord and joins them.

[sblock=ooc]
finished but not sent for approval, yet, but I was afraid to miss the recruitment.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 21
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 65 / 65 Bloodied: 32
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light

Condition:

WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- adjacent allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[sblock=Dread Weapon]
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, and the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Fear): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads