Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Faraque

First Post
Wait! You have to sign the paperwork before a gladiatorial bout. In the Imperium people can even win citizenship in the arena, my family did so a long time ago. Join me. Gil straightens his hat, then skews it, then straightens it again and stands to his full height.

Hearing this, Rilissa turns, and looks at the paperwork mentioned. "Thank you for the notice. I would have missed it otherwise." She then strides over and signs her name to the paperwork.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Gil, I would advise against such activity. You don't have to prove you citizenship here and it's dangerous. I know you're the adventurer, but this has no purpose, but for pain and death of those involved and satisfaction of baser needs of people who should know better. Leave that to the desperate. Lilly and Shale have the right of it. Besides, you already agreed to go with me to Bacarte."

Seeing young mage is already lost in his dreams of glory, Martelai sighs.
"OK, I'll accompany you. Cannot let young members get dismembered, now can I? Lilly, Shale, prepare for departure I'll get Gil back. Hopefully in not too many pieces."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Such is the corruption of this place, that glorifies the sight of their children killing each other." States the earth elemental-like warforged standing near the entrance. Mortar falls from his joints, as he motions to empathize his point.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis is distracted from his attempt to flirt with Phoenix. All the better really, as she paid him no mind. (ooc: :lol:)

"Gil, I'm in complete agreement with Martelai. This is not a good idea. There will be professional killers there in the arena. Please reconsider."

Artemis walks out of the tavern, following Gil, trying to talk some sense into him.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Artemis is distracted from his attempt to flirt with Phoenix. All the better really, as she paid him no mind. (ooc: :lol:)

Phoenix glances at Artemis, takes both ales, and says, "enjoying some refreshing drinks - you're too kind."

She has a seat on the floor, leaning against the fireplace.

OOC: Sorry, I missed it entirely somehow - was probably too busy getting the arena going.

Medina

Explorer
Corragan watches as the other patrons head out to sign up to the arena with varying degrees of enthusiasm. This wasn't quite what he had had in mind when he came here, but if he was to build a new name for himself, this was a starting point. He stands, puts his drink down and heads over to sign up himself, his stride pausing briefly as he overhears the words "professional killers" from Artemis.

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron enters the tavern. The heavy clattering and clanging of metal upon metal slightly sounding out as he takes each step further into the tavern. He puffs heavily upon a cigar, smoke bellowing out and around his general area pouring out from behind his masked helm. He sighs and looks around the tavern before moving off into an unoccupied table taking a seat there.*

OOC: Kauldron Level 6 (couple hundred short of 7th) Goblin Paladin. Ready and waiting for action.

CaBaNa

First Post
"Gil, I would advise against such activity. You don't have to prove you citizenship here and it's dangerous. I know you're the adventurer, but this has no purpose, but for pain and death of those involved and satisfaction of baser needs of people who should know better. Leave that to the desperate. Lilly and Shale have the right of it. Besides, you already agreed to go with me to Bacarte."

Seeing young mage is already lost in his dreams of glory, Martelai sighs.
"OK, I'll accompany you. Cannot let young members get dismembered, now can I? Lilly, Shale, prepare for departure I'll get Gil back. Hopefully in not too many pieces."

Shock and surprise crosses Gil's face No purpose?! Really? the young scholar flushes, turning red, My family wasn't desperate. We risked our chance at progeny for a greater standing and a better future. The Arena is hope. Everyone walks in equals, risking life and limb to improve their lot in this world. Gil wells up, but his tone changes as soon as Martelai offers to join, Oh Fantastic! Gil slaps the warlock on the arm, Glory awaits! I'd gladly take you up on a reading, to be forewarned and all that. beams Gil.

"Gil, I'm in complete agreement with Martelai. This is not a good idea. There will be professional killers there in the arena. Please reconsider."

Artemis walks out of the tavern, following Gil, trying to talk some sense into him.

I was originally trained as an assassin, maybe I'll run into some former classmates. I doubt it though, we're really far from the Imperium. Gil smiles widely, Professional killers are just people like us, who didn't get loans for academy. This is a great chance to establish myself here in Daunton. comments the young scholar en route to the arena.

Stately deva, dressed in clothes of the days past enters the tavern. Alabaster tan with lightning like lines of his race along with blue robe decorated in lightnings mark him as a priest of the Sky Lord.

"Cyr Iannes, Hand of the King of the Gods, at your service." he states formaly.

OOC: Deva invoker 5 or 6 as needed, just finished the adventure. If 6th level needed, I'll need a day or two to level up the wiki.

Remove ads