• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Son of Meepo

First Post
The mayor looks up at the crowd that has gathered at the table. There were certainly more than he was expecting for such a low key job.

"Well... you six... I think you'd do fine," he says pointing to the chosen group in turn.

OOC: These are the 6 that best fit the level of the adventure. If someone wants to give up a spot to another player, just let me know. I'll get the adventure thread up tomorrow.
[MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] - Eva - Wizard 6 [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] - Merri level 6 psychic vampire/ardent [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] - Joy - level 7 Ardent|Bard + Warlord [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] - Papolstaanas - level 7 avenger|battlemind. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] - Illarion Meriele - Sorcerer 6 [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] - Drew Lucan - Monk 7

FourMonos

First Post
Merri bops along to the music and wanders over to Joy.

"Um, pardon me miss, but can I ask you a question? I mean, that was a question, but I meant another question. Is that okay? Oh! I did it again. Right, now I'm just going to say it. How do you do that?"

OOC: Merri's in, but she wasn't in the tavern when the Mayor arrived, so she's a step behind.

Mewness

First Post
"Huh?" asks the kobold, hastily putting the pamphlet away and wondering what it is exactly that he has just agreed to do, assuming that he has in fact agreed to it, which he doesn't quite remember doing, but sometimes weird things do happen and one forgets things, even things one might have just said, but actually he doesn't remember that particular weird thing ever happening to him, although if he has forgotten it, then why would he remember?

"Well, I would be happy to, um...." He pauses, wondering whether he even remembered to introduce himself. "I'm Papolstaanas, by the way," he says a little uncertainly.

[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas is in. I'll get his slightly modified sheet up today.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Just noticed the following mistake on my sheet:

"When a nonunion enemy scores a critical hit against me and deals damage..."

I'm strongly tempted to keep it in.

FourMonos

First Post
Merri's eyes get big when she sees Papolstaanas, "Well, hello there sir! I'm very excited to meet you! I just helped a comrade of yours kill a dragon. Well, the dragon kind of killed itself... but Ignus the Brave was there to make sure it happened! He was amazing! I'm so glad to meet you! Are you helping this gentleman here with his problem? Do you think I can come too to follow... I mean, help?"

True to her words, happiness is pouring out of Merri like a light that is too bright.

Mewness

First Post
Merri's eyes get big when she sees Papolstaanas, "Well, hello there sir! I'm very excited to meet you! I just helped a comrade of yours kill a dragon. Well, the dragon kind of killed itself... but Ignus the Brave was there to make sure it happened! He was amazing! I'm so glad to meet you! Are you helping this gentleman here with his problem? Do you think I can come too to follow... I mean, help?"
Papolstaanas hesitates as he is confronted with this flood of words: he is about to say that he doesn't have any comrades, not anymore, but then he realizes that Merri is probably talking about another kobold, and so he is about to explain that he actually tries not to associate with kobolds any longer, only the name of the one she mentions, Ignus, actually sort of rings a bell.... Didn't he meet a kobold named Ignus in this tavern some time back? But that doesn't really matter, as Merri is already talking about something else....

"Uh, yes, I guess so," he says, looking at the mayor. "I mean, I'm helping, a-and it sounds as though he's willing to take anybody, so--so you can come too.... Not that, you know, you're not qualified, I didn't mean to suggest that you're too, um, too, um--" Papolstaanas trails off, hoping he hasn't said anything offensive, and busies himself with getting his gear together.

[sblock=ooc]@fourmonos I don't know if there's room in this group for this much babbling. Good to meet you =)[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Eva finally notices Merri, who waved to her earlier.

"Oh, hiya again! For sure you can come with us" Eva says, bothering to check with the mayor. "We need someone to keep up everyone's spirits, and I can only do that so much myself..."

After exchanging greetings with Merri and her kobold friend, Eva follows the mayor.

Remove ads